Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:37:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help installing the mod  (Read 5760 times)
Sgt.CDS Offline
EIR Regular

« on: May 07, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »

Hi, i'm new here and i'm having issues finding where to put the mod (folder-wise). I have the Steam CoH, Steam relaunch of it, and opposing fronts. Can someone please help me and give me a full description? Thank you.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »

.....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch (the dots are for custom locations and diffrent drives, im not psychic, only psychotic)

This needs to be the final location of the Autoupdater.exe
Anywere else and it will call you a Dumbass, This is was put in as a joke but is supricingly offencive to some people.

Anyways, when you have finished downloading the installer and installed it, if the final location of the updater is not in the same location as the RelicCoh.exe it will freak out, just keep in mind that if you have the original Company of heroes that was on steam before it went on the steam servers it can get confused.

Just to put the guide in 3 easy steps but long steps
1. Download and install the installer into this Folder (.....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch)
2. Register for the launcher using this link http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?page=57 (keep in mind you cant use space for the launcher profice, and that the Forum and launcher accounts are diffrent, you can name them the same if you want but its up to the user)
3. run the autoupdater in admin mode and download all the updates, the installer hasnt really been updated as far as im aware of so you are going to have to download most of the files to make it up do date.

Also keep in mind Europe In Ruins is multiplayer only, it does not work in singleplayer as i dont really know, it just dosent.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:27:16 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Sgt.CDS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:50:14 pm »

.....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch (the dots are for custom locations and diffrent drives, im not psychic, only psychotic)

This needs to be the final location of the Autoupdater.exe
Anywere else and it will call you a Dumbass, This is was put in as a joke but is supricingly offencive to some people.

Anyways, when you have finished downloading the installer and installed it, if the final location of the updater is not in the same location as the RelicCoh.exe it will freak out, just keep in mind that if you have the original Company of heroes that was on steam before it went on the steam servers it can get confused.

Just to put the guide in 3 easy steps but long steps
1. Download and install the installer into this Folder (.....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch)
2. Register for the launcher using this link http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?page=57 (keep in mind you cant use space for the launcher profice, and that the Forum and launcher accounts are diffrent, you can name them the same if you want but its up to the user)
3. run the autoupdater in admin mode and download all the updates, the installer hasnt really been updated as far as im aware of so you are going to have to download most of the files to make it up do date.

Also keep in mind Europe In Ruins is multiplayer only, it does not work in singleplayer as i dont really know, it just dosent.

Yes i have done that (and did it again just do be sure) and i keep getting called a Dumbass :/ whenever I put the installer in there it makes a 'Company of Heroes' folder within the folder for the relaunch game. 

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:35 pm »

Could you copy paste the exact location of the Autoupdater.exe for me?

It just sounds like you installed the mod in another folder inside the game folder.

Well you can do 1 thing, Copy paste the Autoupdater.exe and place it into the Relaunch folder, it will download all the requred files into its correct place.

....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch
just place the autoupdater into that folder, without anything else.(exept the original game(dont touch it(its deadly)))
Then run it in admin and it should figure itself out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:55:59 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Sgt.CDS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 04:54:47 pm »

Could you copy paste the exact location of the Autoupdater.exe for me?

It just sounds like you installed the mod in another folder inside the game folder.

Well you can do 1 thing, Copy paste the Autoupdater.exe and place it into the Relaunch folder, it will download all the requred files into its correct place.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\Company of Heroes

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:07 pm »

Yea thats the problem, you need to copy paste the crap thats in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\Company of Heroes

And place it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\Company of Heroes

Common mistake, atleast you own it legally, youd be amazed how many pirates have tried to play it.
Sgt.CDS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »

Alright i also do not have any .exe but i have what i believe are the correct files just named without the .exe and being under the 'type' as application. so i should move the auto updater application into the RelicCoH application?

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 05:03:54 pm »

Yea im going to bed so im gonna make this simple,

Make it look like this(just the program thats underlined blue, the rest is gonna download when you run it), http://imgur.com/DLHsRBu
Run the updater and you shall be set, Good night.

Someone else help him if ther are more questins, imstarting to make less sence than keeps.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:05:55 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Sgt.CDS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 05:06:20 pm »

alright thank you and goodnight

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 11:28:19 am »

Did you get it to work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: