Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:31:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: come lets tank up  (Read 19673 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2014, 08:59:48 pm »

You want to talk about the number of bugs and exploits you could use when WoT was in the early stages? I'd be happy to, I was playing it from the start of the closed beta. It's almost like you're trying to avoid talking about fundemental design stuff what with only responding to the points you can answer with "Well yeah, but it has glitches" or "WoT does that to, WT doesn't do this" when you really haven't looked that point up further than some forum (what it seems like anyway).
those pre physics bugs and exploits

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2014, 09:45:46 pm »

Well, I have multiple Tier 3 tanks in WT. Soooo I have played it a bit. Play a lot of WoT too Niko. Guess what, WT still has disappearing tanks, was just in a match watching one target, sitting directly next to another, fade in and out of visual. I could still shoot him and do damage, but he was invisible unless he fired or moved.

Turning off flora isn't a bug or exploit, its and in game graphical setting. Why handicap yourself with stupidly high amounts of random plants.

As for WT having all 3 types of combat at once (not theatre, that refers to a geographic area...) it will still be a stupid cluster fuck. Planes were retarded on arcade (bombs respawn every few seconds, all enemies are labelled) and useless on Realistic and Simulator. The same will go for ships. In fact, the planes were so bad in Closed Beta, that they REMOVED them from tank battles for Open Beta.

The matchmaking is still awful, and the game is incredibly unbalanced (Heavy tanks get 1 spawn; Medium tanks, including the Panther, get 2 spawns plus artillery strikes, light tanks are non-existant and serve no purpose, and TD's are fairly bleh) means that only a couple of vehicles see the light of day.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 09:49:36 pm »

Arty should only be on recon vechs, not even light tanks.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 10:16:21 pm »

Well, I have multiple Tier 3 tanks in WT. Soooo I have played it a bit. Play a lot of WoT too Niko. Guess what, WT still has disappearing tanks, was just in a match watching one target, sitting directly next to another, fade in and out of visual. I could still shoot him and do damage, but he was invisible unless he fired or moved.
You'll have to prove that to me because I haven't seen it yet, quite that simple really. To my experience all tanks that I've had direct line of sight to have been visible to me.

Turning off flora isn't a bug or exploit, its and in game graphical setting. Why handicap yourself with stupidly high amounts of random plants.
Semantics, it's obviously not going to stay that way. That's also a lovely attitude towards games. "I must have every possible advantage because I must win!". Personally I do just fine without resorting to things like that. It's pretty much an exploit, an unintended advantage trough flawed implementation.

As for WT having all 3 types of combat at once (not theatre, that refers to a geographic area...) it will still be a stupid cluster fuck. Planes were retarded on arcade (bombs respawn every few seconds, all enemies are labelled) and useless on Realistic and Simulator. The same will go for ships. In fact, the planes were so bad in Closed Beta, that they REMOVED them from tank battles for Open Beta.
Planes useless on Realistic? Are you mad!? If I as an attacker can take out an enemy heavy tank (that are unable to respawn) I've aready made up for my player slot. In my case I could consistently take out two player tank targets in RB with a (higher end) Stuka or IL2 with one ammo load. The havoc a fully loaded, high tier attacker could wreck should be more than that and quite significant.

The matchmaking is still awful, and the game is incredibly unbalanced (Heavy tanks get 1 spawn; Medium tanks, including the Panther, get 2 spawns plus artillery strikes, light tanks are non-existant and serve no purpose, and TD's are fairly bleh) means that only a couple of vehicles see the light of day.
Yes instead they should give unrealistic guns and magical "buffs" to medium tanks to make them competitive with heavies! Two re-spawns make a hell of a lot more sense than the pulled out of arse balance stats WoT uses. If you want to play the useless/derp tanks game, might I remind you of the Tier 5 KV2 that stuck around WoT for a VERY long time?

Also about light tanks, see, there is a reason there are no high or even mid-tier light tanks... That's because in real life light tanks were quite useless as the war went on. So they play in tier 1 where they are still useful, simple no?

Could be worse, could be SCOUT MATCHMAKING. Basically the thing that broke WoT for me, because appearently your tier 6 french glass cannon should be thrown in tier 9 games to "Scout". So WoT still takes the matchmaking cake.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:39:49 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »

Yeh nothing worse then having your Pz 38t end up in a Teir 8 game, with the same View range as many of the heavies in said tier.

Or the poor old chaffee ending up in T10 games, where it is useless.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2014, 01:00:20 am »

once again you show a lack of understanding Nikomas.  The t6 light that you speak of can and does do fairly well in t9 matchups.  I've played that line up to the T9 tank, and as long as you aren't dumb enough to either suiscout or try to frontally penetrate tanks, you'll do fine.  Wait for the herd to thin out, flank a lone tank, unload your clip, escape, repeat. 

I'll try out WT tanks soon, but constantly trashing WoT when it has drastically improved and is both fairly balanced and requires skill shows an ignorance that discounts your opinion with regards to other tank games.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 01:57:05 am »

they really need to smooth out the terrain in WT, so many triangular joins between height gradients.

Nothing worse then driving along only to get damage due to bad tranitioning between elevations.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2014, 03:28:17 am »

they really need to smooth out the terrain in WT, so many triangular joins between height gradients.

Nothing worse then driving along only to get damage due to bad tranitioning between elevations.

That's been fixed for a long time.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2014, 04:00:13 am »

That's been fixed for a long time.
not on Karelia found 3 spots where crusing at 40+km/h i lose both tracks due to smashing into terrain.

Stug III A with HEAT, hahahaha melting shit in one shot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:45:55 am by XIIcorps » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2014, 06:14:50 am »

Yeah, oftentimes my Driver has a seizure for no reason and my tank nearly flips itself on open, level ground.

Still better the WoT as far as I'm concerned, though I REALLY hate the new WT progressions system(I need 6 vehicles of Tier 1 to unlock tier 2?)

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2014, 06:17:56 am »

Yeah, oftentimes my Driver has a seizure for no reason and my tank nearly flips itself on open, level ground.

Still better the WoT as far as I'm concerned, though I REALLY hate the new WT progressions system(I need 6 vehicles of Tier 1 to unlock tier 2?)
yeh im thinking this tier system will get an overhaul again, its madiningly unhelpful.

StuG III is so troll man,i cannot even.....

the only thing i have trouble vs is those T34 premiums, cause of armor slope.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:22:40 am by XIIcorps » Logged
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2014, 07:02:35 am »

once again you show a lack of understanding Nikomas.  The t6 light that you speak of can and does do fairly well in t9 matchups.  I've played that line up to the T9 tank, and as long as you aren't dumb enough to either suiscout or try to frontally penetrate tanks, you'll do fine.  Wait for the herd to thin out, flank a lone tank, unload your clip, escape, repeat. 

I'll try out WT tanks soon, but constantly trashing WoT when it has drastically improved and is both fairly balanced and requires skill shows an ignorance that discounts your opinion with regards to other tank games.
I'm not saying you're completely worthless in a T9 game, nor am I saying that the game has not improved at all but I seriously think that the mechanics are flawed.

The way to played that T6 is exactly like you describe but a bunch of T9 tanks are so heavily armored that doing so is inconsistent. Not to mention the giant HP pools because that means that even if you did pull such a flank and shot a magazine into the tank, you won't have caused that much damage. Meanwhile if he had someone covering him or he's fast on his feet you're probably dead meat/left with very little health. Fundamentally it also relies on the enemy players being bad enough to go out completely alone without friendly cover, while not that hard in a F2P game having part of the fun you're having be based on the enemy being bad doesn't really sit right with me.

I played WoT quite a bit back in the day, while I never reached T9/10 level (aside from scout MM) I did reach around T7 in a few tiers and several at least T6 for all nations but china, even quite liked it some year back, even did clan wars for a little whille. The mechanics however have just pissed me off in the long run.

Ammo is a good example to that they haven't fixed yet, sure you can buy the "Gold" ammo for silver now at an extremely prohibitive cost but it's still pretty dumb. In WoT "Special" ammo is just WAY superior to standard ammo without any regard for what that type of ammo should do. In WT APCR ammo actually does LESS damage than APHE due to the smaller round size and lack of explosive filler, round types are actually used based on situation and balanced on realism rather than one just being magically better than the other.

Really, I got a bit annoyed but it's fine if you like WoT. I suppose I could say that it's even a decent action game but it's as much of a "Tank" game as CoD is a "Tactical Shooter". It looks like a tank game but it does not play like one beyond some superficial similarities, that's what bugs me the most about it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:05:30 am by nikomas » Logged
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2014, 10:34:29 am »

WoT- 1 hp tank performance just aswell as zero dmg tank - dat logic
      - disapearing tanks - dat logic

Sorry there is more and i know WT has flaws but WoT has had more reapurces and time and still only gotten this far... Srsly?

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:15 pm »

WoT- 1 hp tank performance just aswell as zero dmg tank - dat logic
      - disapearing tanks - dat logic

Sorry there is more and i know WT has flaws but WoT has had more reapurces and time and still only gotten this far... Srsly?

Turret and gun barrel destroyed by HE impact in WT. No problems bro, let me backup and spend 40 seconds repairing. Good thing we brought those extras along and now my tanks works fine. Dat logic.

Oh, and as for those disappearing tanks http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/139221-tanks-vanishing-while-shooting-at-you/
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:49:15 pm by AmPM » Logged
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2014, 08:37:42 am »

Lol 40 sec rep? U nuts unless u got elite crew you might get 40 for major compartments but otherwise it's atleast 2 min, oh wait same prob in WoT ? Buy premium instant fix or wait max 10-20 sec,

Now I know that dmged conponents cause debuffs in WoT but they to my comparison not as sever as they are (and should be) in WT also there is not instant fix kit in WT.

Sorry but WoT is just more of a cartoon game :/ imo
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:13 am »

Everyone here missed the point. Tank up and play some WT  Grin

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2014, 10:57:20 am »

Lol 40 sec rep? U nuts unless u got elite crew you might get 40 for major compartments but otherwise it's atleast 2 min, oh wait same prob in WoT ? Buy premium instant fix or wait max 10-20 sec,

Now I know that dmged conponents cause debuffs in WoT but they to my comparison not as sever as they are (and should be) in WT also there is not instant fix kit in WT.

Sorry but WoT is just more of a cartoon game :/ imo

Components once repaired don't seem to have any ill effect in WT. It takes me 50 seconds or so to repair a damaged (black) turret, transmission, and both tracks. It's pretty silly.

Neither game is in any way realistic.

PS: How do you not have your crews upgraded?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:59:41 am by AmPM » Logged
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 08:01:30 am »

Cause it costs shit tonnes of Eagles
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 10:26:04 am »

You can get pretty good skills for the 100  eagles that you get for the tutorial.  I'm running Tiger, IV G, KV-2, and KV-85 right now.  What is nice is you really only need  one good crew,  since tanks are most fun in RB and SB.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »

Anyone playing this right now? Got T3's and below in both nations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc