Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:57:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WEHR]  (Read 7517 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:04 pm »

defensive officer is buffing teammates as well as own units

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:54:56 pm »

Pretty sure it was meant to be that way.

it never used to do it before untill its latest patch so i assume it was meant to buff allies.(thats why its on cooldown)

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:24:17 am »

It's intended. You have to take them out through smart sacrifice, luck or something.

They are really strong, you'll have to be really careful if all 3 players are blobbing around him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:25:54 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:48 am »

In the current meta, he is damn powerful.
You need a good armoured spear head targetting him to have much hope.

Once hes gone tho, the axis player should fall apart pretty quickly, like most brit blobs.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:49:53 am »

used deff officer buffed wehr blobs was so lol, brits cant compare to dat, man those lmgs rape shit outta poor allied inf.

was blobing with brit too, only thing i dont like is that all brits get access to arty also dat captain foo is epic too

but ur wrong corps, after officers dies, still wher inf is way stronger than allied. Also have a chat to muricans what they think about officer buffs. oh wait. aint no muricans has officers hahaha

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 05:52:10 am »

used deff officer buffed wehr blobs was so lol, brits cant compare to dat, man those lmgs rape shit outta poor allied inf.

was blobing with brit too, only thing i dont like is that all brits get access to arty also dat captain foo is epic too

but ur wrong corps, after officers dies, still wher inf is way stronger than allied. Also have a chat to muricans what they think about officer buffs. oh wait. aint no muricans has officers hahaha
Captain Foo is almost identical to Wher offier mortar barrage, cept Foo is more drifty and has bigger BAYsplosions.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:52 am »

Captain Foo is almost identical to Wher offier mortar barrage, cept Foo is more drifty and has bigger BAYsplosions.

kangaroo plz, foo is way way better and more powerfull than officer barage

go home
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:32:58 am »

kangaroo plz, foo is way way better and more powerfull than officer barage

go home

Shab has said sth... true... God damnit, call the doctors!

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 07:54:38 am »

I used a gren lmb blob with def officers vs Ray, Area and Skaffa and I thought "well this will be interesting to try out" and then.... OH MY LAWD JESUS.

I've never assembled any kind of brit blob that was capable of anywhere near that level of destruction. AND if the officer died it was no problem since the grens on their own with LMGs were still epic.

The best part? An lmg mg42 inexplicably costs 70 muni compared to 75 for a bren. This despite the fact that they seem (could be wrong, but they sure seem) to do much more damage AND suppress reliably in groups.

Add on medkits and now you have heal-anywhere super blobs.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:29:37 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 08:46:37 am »

Myst calculated that Def officer damage boost for X time is still less potent than Constant never ending buff of the British officers. Thus valuating a change for their command structure.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 08:56:18 am »

I used a gren lmb blob with def officers vs Ray, Area and Skaffa and I thought "well this will be interesting to try out" and then.... OH MY LAWD JESUS.

I've never assembled any kind of brit blob that was capable of anywhere near that level of destruction. AND if the officer died it was no problem since the grens on their own with LMGs were still epic.

The best part? An lmg mg42 inexplicably costs 70 muni compared to 75 for a bren. This despite the fact that they seem (could be wrong, but they sure seem) to do much more damage AND suppress reliably in groups.

Add on medkits and now you have heal-anywhere super blobs.

BARs are 80 muni lol. Poor riflemen.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 09:05:26 am »

BARs are 80 muni lol. Poor riflemen.
give riflemen 1 bar, remove insta supress  should cost 70mu . Is this wat u guys want.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 09:09:26 am »

BARs were at one point a massive cry / uproar at one stage of development because of the Suppression fire it has. This is the reason they were 90 mun at one point till they were lowered down to 80. The way they suppressed everything very quickly was the cause of it but nowadays nobody has mentioned a word of them. I don't remember BAR as a weapon of how great it performed (Someone who is dedicated can check old conversations which may or may not have mentions of them) 2 bars were better than single LMG at least back then. Nowadays? I wouldn't know. Without SF they aren't great but with it they are good.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:25 am »

Myst calculated that Def officer damage boost for X time is still less potent than Constant never ending buff of the British officers. Thus valuating a change for their command structure.

No, that simply valuates that brit LTs boost damage more overall than Def officers (though I have deep suspicions about this calculation as I'm willing to bet it didn't factor in what I'll mention below). It does not have the power to remove all other variables from the equation and create a broad sweeping conclusion in a vacuum.

Other variables which that presupposition would have to ignore to be valid:

Superior platform being buffed (grenades, medkits and far superior Mg42 as potential upgrades)
Abillity to buff a far larger spread of units (Axis have far more eligible unit types for officer buff)
Superior buffing platform (Artillery barrage, medkit)
Nature of combat in EiR (As an experienced player who has tried both strats, battles rarely if ever last more than 30 seconds. This favours the shorter, more potent Def officer buff versus the always on slightly less powerful but more constant lt buff. Having tried both I'd vastly prefer the burst aura as what really matters is having all the DPS you can muster when you need it vs trading off a weaker buff that goes un capitalized for large portions of the game. I'm assuming Myst did his calculation for dps spread over time. If he didn't this point of mine is not valid)
The existence of the muni HT which buffs DPS significantly in an always-on area (as an example of a similar always-on buff on the axis side that buffs far superior platforms)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:49:20 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

tbh the supression fire isn't all that great on bars.

ok great so they can stop some sort of assault but now thanks to that big ass supression fire pop up its very meh and avoidable.

it isn't like PE at vet 1 can sprint to their targets or to cover and then use the supression.

i find bars even triple bars very lackluster. it could be the platform.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 11:07:02 am »

problem is not bars, as a weapon its not bad its just riflemen is to weak for such an investement like 80muni. Also SF is not that great if u dont have nades. so plus 30muni to make it a good counter vs axis superior infatry. Now ask yourself is it a way to go? 110muni per riflemen squad and no officer buffs to make it more atractive option for allied player is kinda meh.

massive QQ about bars were when it were doctrines multiple times buffing riflemen as a platform and giving extra bar + super triage at the same time. now when all this is gone it makes only mentaly sick person rely on bars coy lol
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:08:53 am by Shabtajus » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 11:17:06 am »

Bars should be lowered 70-75 muni and mgs on grens should be upped to 75 or 80. Further adjustements could be made down the roads if these changes aren't enough
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »

Wait until docs return then those same riflemen will beat the hell out of grens..
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »

Wait until docs return then those same riflemen will beat the hell out of grens..

docs go both ways gork

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »

If docs are creating an imbalance, or are covering up an imbalance, then docs should be adjusted.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc