Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:09:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Oldtimers - Revial players  (Read 3218 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:08 am »

Dear Old-timers,

First I would like to say thank you for coming back to the mod. You have essentially been away from the mod for about a year or more. You have had the odd post here and there in the past year, but it is fair to say you trickled away from the mod like 90% of our community over the last year.

I would just like to recap where we are and how I feel about it so there are no miscommunications.

The only reason this mod did not shut down in 2014 is because I took over all the finances and continued to team with Che and convince him to keep it rolling.

In August 2015 I announced I was shutting down the mod. We were logging 4 games a week, the community was insanely toxic, and we lost our lead -Che ( Eirrmod ). Che sent me all the back ups of the entire mod and handed me the keys.

Hicks approached me and said he would do all the heavy lifting if I would just give this steaming pile of shit one last chance. I said I would under one condition. If I was the only reason this thing is alive, then I will decide what direction it goes to keep it alive. My new design of the mod will either revive it, or it will continue down the spiral a steaming piece of shit should go.

We have overhauled this mod and made some very drastic changes. These changes have resulted in a completely new meta game, and really a whole new play style.
What is really exciting is that is exploded the community back into life and our launcher is experiencing volumes it has not seen in 3 years.

Here's the down side to that: Now that we have an insurgence of old timers coming back, many of those old timers including yourself are spamming our forums with post of, "Why did you change this, why did you change that". "This is stupid, that is stupid." "Put it back the way it was"

I respect your opinions because most of are (were) great players. Some of you are even honored members of this community because of your commitment to our Dev team.

But let me make this perfectly clear to you old timers posting similar remarks: We followed your path and thoughts in the past. You abandoned the community like many others because the mod was not fun to play and lacked new content.
Myself and this current Dev team have revived this mod with careful thought and design. If you don't like it, that is unfortunate but you didn't like it enough before to stick around, so your opinions have little value to me now.

We busted our asses to bring you roughly 20 patches in the last 6 months. We have overhauled the playstyle and stats of this mod to bring it to it's most balanced state since it's inception. We have cleaned the shit from our forums and created a much less toxic environment.

Some of you have chosen to spam our balance forums with a lot of negativity. To that I say, if it sucks that bad go play OMG.
Seriously, I did not bust my ass to redesign this mod into success just to have you old-timers come back to bitch and whine and try to get shit reverted to where it failed before.

Well thought out constructive posts are always welcome. That said, if you are suggesting reverting anything back, save your breath.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:13:11 am »

k

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:20:34 am »

tank no one is criticizing the work you guys have done over the last months. Some of these changes just come off as blunt ( see: "sameness")

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:37:18 am »

i am a bit sad that instead of balance arguments so I can reenact the thought process behind these changes I am met with "we know what we're doing stfu" type post. but aeroblade seems to be willing to interact. as said no disrespect to the current devs making these changes
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:46:31 am »

seems I cant edit here again. just to add: these threads are not the result of your guys messing up the mod, but I have always made these a lot even in the "old" days, this time it's just all of them at the same time because I have been away for 2 years. next time ill do a big thread if I have multiple things, if that is what you prefer
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 10:10:21 am »

i am a bit sad that instead of balance arguments so I can reenact the thought process behind these changes I am met with "we know what we're doing stfu" type post. but aeroblade seems to be willing to interact. as said no disrespect to the current devs making these changes

fucking on point :p
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 11:36:36 am »

We know what we're doing, hush.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc