Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 8930 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: December 14, 2018, 03:15:53 pm »

I'd planned to have a patch ready to go as a Christmas gift to you guys, but that's unlikely to happen. What is likely is a halt to all development until at least the middle of January.

I've just been handed a 90-hour schedule for next week (all 7 days of it) after enduring a trio of ~70-hour weeks for the past three. A lovely email from corporate HQ announced that all internal (i.e. me) and external sub-contractor labor was stretched beyond capacity and that we should all expect to be working 90 hours a week for "several weeks", which translated to mid-January up to March depending on what infographic was included in that particular email (we were sent several).

This, along with thinly veiled threats to force us to work the 24th and 25th of December (we were promised the 24th off and Christmas is a national holiday for God's sake) out of a company that proudly announced that it had smashed its previous sales records and had grossed 198 million USD so far this year (with another quarter remaining for even more moneys), means that us poor slaves robots expendable meatbags workers in shipping/receiving, install, and delivery are to get down on our hands and knees and open wide for the forseeable future.

I'm sincerely sorry that I haven't been able to get EiR on Steam yet, let alone resolve our remaining balance issues or even get out one measly patch before Christmas--if there were more hours in a day I'd gamely attempt to do so.

Assuming I don't manage to contact anyone for a while, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to you all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:17:24 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:14:13 pm »

Aren't there laws forbidding that kind of slavery?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 05:22:48 pm »

Apply for lithuanian visa man, i swear a god we aint work so much here

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:59:22 am »

Aren't there laws forbidding that kind of slavery?

Salary + United States =  No Holidays and No Overtime.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:02:25 pm by Poppi » Logged
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:29 am »

I'm sincerely sorry that I haven't been able to get EiR on Steam yet,...

I do not understand where the problem with Steam is.

There are many games in Steam where you have to create a new account with another game provider. For example Uplay and many more. For some of these providers you can link this account to the Steam account but not to all of them!

EIR just need a launcher download via Steam and a install function in the Steam Library.

With the start of the game, the launcher can open, with executable rights for Steam CoH, so that no extra admin rights are needed? The Blitzkrieg Mod do the same.

Also, the installation path in the installer need be adjusted for the brand new Steam path. Cheesy

And you have to be able to delete a company in Launcher, for example, if one mistyped his name.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year for you too Smiley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:02:13 am by Bear » Logged

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 08:18:04 am »

Man you'd be lucky to get a 90 hour work week here in Iceland, the overtime pay would be fucking insane.
Especially over Christmas, red days so 180% x 2 would make you rich from just Christmas day.

Aside from that come to Iceland man, solution here is you can't get a job so don't have to work.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:21:03 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »

How am I supposed to spend that money if I'm always at work or too tired and sore to get out of the house?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 02:44:21 pm »

Try cocaine

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 09:00:02 pm »

Try cocaine
Yes
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 05:44:22 am »

Sounds like it's time to find a new job! Anyway, good luck k hanging in there for now and let us know if theres anything we can help out with!
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 11:51:40 am »

How am I supposed to spend that money if I'm always at work or too tired and sore to get out of the house?

You save it!!

Then when you get older you can give it away keeping a game website and server going. It is important to note, while you give this money away, be prepared to be insulted, berated, ridiculed, and finally back stabbed.

But seriously - you can take the extra work and complain about it, or you can use it to advance yourself. Put that additional money into high risk / high yield investments of some sort ( you are young enough to take high risk ).

Nothing good comes from bitching - make something out of it! There is nothing more rewarding than the day the boss you had decades ago comes asking you for a job after you made something of yourself. Trust me - I know.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »

You save it!!

Put that additional money into high risk / high yield investments of some sort ( you are young enough to take high risk ).

I agree with Tank on this. Send me ur savings Volski and i promise you 300% return. High risk for even higher reward.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 04:00:03 pm »

Ah btw i forgot to say - trust me.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 06:01:32 pm »

Try cocaine

^^Yes

Its a good way to solve both your problems.
Gives you energy and allows you to spend money.

TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 12:29:53 am »

My idiot project lead trapped my right index finger between two metal posts and then screwed them together. Made a good sized gash, est recovery 6-12 months. So I can code but not play for a year. I'm quitting this job asap. Idiot didn't even stop drilling until I screamed. Not so much as a "sorry" or "my bad" passed his lips.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:31:33 am by TheVolskinator » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 03:42:27 am »

Blessing in disguise if you ask me! Sounds like that place is a real hellhole, so good to move on. hope you have a speedy recovery and manage to land a nicer job in the new year!

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 08:18:28 am »

You save it!!

Then when you get older you can give it away keeping a game website and server going. It is important to note, while you give this money away, be prepared to be insulted, berated, ridiculed, and finally back stabbed.

But seriously - you can take the extra work and complain about it, or you can use it to advance yourself. Put that additional money into high risk / high yield investments of some sort ( you are young enough to take high risk ).

Nothing good comes from bitching - make something out of it! There is nothing more rewarding than the day the boss you had decades ago comes asking you for a job after you made something of yourself. Trust me - I know.
We all love you tank, what you have done for the mod is beyond amazing even tough we don't like your ideas.
What you did was make a community where people can be together through thick and thin and where people made friends.
And I can say you saved atleast one life.

A good king can still make mistakes and get deposed by a despot.

My idiot project lead trapped my right index finger between two metal posts and then screwed them together. Made a good sized gash, est recovery 6-12 months. So I can code but not play for a year. I'm quitting this job asap. Idiot didn't even stop drilling until I screamed. Not so much as a "sorry" or "my bad" passed his lips.

Please don't kill yourself with this job, you are worth more.
Go to coding man, get a job at that.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 02:25:14 pm »

Sorry to hear it Steven hopefully you will be ok!

As for dat noob company u work in, well if ya say it really happened at work then i advice you threaten them ya gonna go to work inspection (or what is called in USaA) and QQ there. Make threat ONLY verbally
,no email or any written document! so they could not blame ya for extortion.Trust me, they will offer you compensation and don’t sign any documents that it “happened at home” your trauma until you receive compt/payment.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 01:25:15 pm »

My dad was admitted to the hospital with symptoms of heart blockage and possible failure. My grandfather was admitted to the hospital Christmas of 2013 and was dead by 14 May. If you need more proof that there is no God, I'll need to start looking. "Merry" Christmas, all.
Batgirl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2018, 07:42:26 pm »

well there sure arent any gods what do they teach you at school huh?
im sure the prognosis is a bit better for your dad than your grandfather, hope he will bounce back
shows you got good genes - hope youre all set up for statins, dont smoke and are keeping relatively fit!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc