Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:54:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Poll
Question: Is Volsky taking EiR in the right direction? Has his service been satisfactory?
Yes (why?) - 2 (100%)
No (why?) - 0 (0%)
Dunno, don't care. - 0 (0%)
Steam when? - 0 (0%)
TA or riot - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For the New Year  (Read 3853 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: December 31, 2018, 07:33:43 pm »

Bygone Days (Porco Rosso) - Joe Hisaishi

I greatly appreciate Joe Hisaishi's work. I've taken a liking to this song in particular; there's just something something so familiar and, dare I say, comfortable, in it; a certain kind of melancholy in its tune. It more or less encompasses my emotional state as has existed for the last half of the year. Holy moly, what a year it's been.

We've lost tank130, both as lead dev and as an ally all together--the latter being a monumental mistake of my own doing. We've lost Aeroblade and Lothen to IRL stuff, rightfully so. We've lost Terrapin after Terrapin lost once too many times to those darned OP capping Allies. I almost lost a freakin' finger as well as my dad (who's endured a successful double bi-pass and is recovering now, and looking good). I've lost a lot of sleep, a lot of patience, and what's left of my sanity. Still haven't lost my virginity but I'm banking on that being my fate for the near future.

On the flip side, the mod has gained about half a gig of filespace. I've gained about 40 lbs (that's about 18 kg for the uncivilized among you). The team has gained Unkn0wn as well as AlphaTIG, both of whom I'm very happy to have aboard. I've gained a lot of experience in how to manage an absolute hellhole pillar of communal solidarity and maturity. We've gained 12 new doctrines and about 20 new units (and are about to lose and then regain those 12 doctrines, again).

Most importantly of all, the Hotch Stuka lost its main gun--a moment of silence.

To the meat of the issue, some housekeeping:

1 - Infantry Bridage is basically ready to go, I'm holding off until probably this weekend so that I can add some LV rebalances and some (positive) changes to the Cromwell and 50 mil as a part of the patch.

2 - TIG has graciously offered to code a new launcher for us from the ground up. I welcome her offer with open arms, though it's likely to be an unpleasant process.

3 - The recent string of ultra-stacked games as well as this spat between Speedy, Shab, Rug, and Unkn0wn has got to stop. I understand that this is the internet, and EiR more specifically, but we're all grown adults and this needs to be dealt with. Why?

4 - I have, finally, and with great amounts of assistance from Xeonis and SgtConti, achieved what was considered impossible. As of two days ago, I received an e-mail from the Steam Team which approved EiR for a full Greenlight release to Steam. There are still some outstanding issues to resolve with the release and I have some preview images that need some touching up. First and foremost, I want this patch out to squash what bugs currently exist and to balance out some of the most glaring balance problems before we open the floodgates to the masses.

So, here we stand, a new year before us. My resolutions are to make it to 2020 alive, preferably with all 10 digits still attached, without gaining more weight (fat chance), and with the new doctrines rolled out at a somewhat-reasonable pace at the very least. We'll see if I can even manage the first one  Grin .

Cheers to you all, and have a happy new year.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 12:34:44 am »

Very nice volski.
Still haven't lost my virginity but I'm banking on that being my fate for the near future.
oooo come over here Volski let us make this fate happen Grin

Our spat is more friendly manouvers, cause ily them.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Bear Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 02:30:06 am »

I thank EIR for its existence and wish all those we owe its existence a lot of strength to continue working on it.

After a dozen more real-time strategy video games in recent years, I can still say that EIR is still the best of them all.

Thank you all for that and I wish you all a fulfilling 2019.

Brothers stand tall!

Erst die Heimat, dann die Ferne.
Erst die Erde, dann die Sterne.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:21:12 am »

Cheers Steven, wp keeping this mod alive and wp others devs as well.

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 05:01:30 am »

Hell yeah! 2019 is looking good.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 10:58:01 pm »

Yeah Volks, well done indeed, 2019 looking up.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 11:45:48 pm »

I thank EIR for its existence and wish all those we owe its existence a lot of strength to continue working on it.

After a dozen more real-time strategy video games in recent years, I can still say that EIR is still the best of them all.

Thank you all for that and I wish you all a fulfilling 2019.
Thats the damn truth.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 01:31:36 pm »

Didn't even mention me in the lost members.
Fuck you Steven, fuck you, smh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc