Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:59:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3v3 Hedgerow Siege [V1.3a]  (Read 4853 times)
Demonic Spoon Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 08, 2007, 01:43:33 pm »

This was a very fun game. I recommend a watch.

Some things this game shows: I think AT guns need less popcap. I couldn't afford to bring in any AT (due to popcap), and had to have someone else kinda save me Tongue

SPOILERS BELOW

It was a fairly two-fronted fight. I was in the East, fighting near one Axis spawn. I restricted them to their spawn area ,and was doing some good stuff with my mortars. His troops made valiant attempts to push me out, but eventually it didn't work. A panzer IV rolled in from the West and gave me trouble, but it ended up hitting an M8 mine I left for it, blowing its engine. My AT gun hurt it bad, while my Ally's Sherman rolled in and finished it off. Together with my Ally's armor support and my infantry force, we pushed the Krauts out of the East and I was able to help my ally's attack on the West.

The west was going well for my allies. They had been pushed out of the center and were dug in at the bottom of the hill. My troops covered one of my allies' mortar while it started ripping them up. Fighting off attacks from two sides, they eventually crumpled back into their spawn area. With the ridiculous amount of mortars and weapons teams they had, they lacked the pure infantry support needed to push us back. In the end, a mortar barrage from my ally scattered them enough for us to roll in with infantry and win the game.

An intense, awesome game (like always with this mod  Grin) definitely worth a watch. Remove the UI with the console and it'll look like a war movie.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:05:54 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Demonic Spoon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 01:46:00 pm »

odd. The battle files don't include the third Axis player.
Dragon93 Offline
17th Airborne Division - Thunder From Heaven
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:13:30 pm »

Yep, this was a sweet, battle, also something he left out, when his ally with the mortar (me) attacked at the end, that is all i had left, 3 guys Grin, its was close. We had a good range of troops, with good teamwork, we one. Also, something i quiet like with this mod is the fact that each company can only have one tank, really balances game play.

Dasfubar Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:36:51 pm »

It was a really good game. I wish I hadn't spawned so far from the other Axis though, we really couldn't support one another. And I really hated what that airborne player did. Dropping in and destroying my poor AT guns. They didn't even have a chance to kill an M8 Cry.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b218/Ro-Man-Man/DasfubarWW2/EiRItaleri-jpeg.jpg
I'm Back... but I'm not wearing any black... my jeans are dark though
Stranger491 Offline
Seargent Stranger
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 04:21:47 pm »

haha

Every mission with me is a suicide mission.
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »

I had put about two too many mortars in my company. Seeing as i was being completely overrun with infantry in the last few minutes of the game, i started to call in most of my heavy weapons squads all at once, leaving me with HMGS, some grens and several mortars. The mortars did well at smashing quite a few of his infantry that i had blocked off with defensive lines, but the massive amounts of riflemen and rangers was far too many for my position to hold back. The final mortar shot did us in. Also if you're watching my position, check out the little sneak attack i pull off towards the end while demonic finishes one of my allies. I felt stuck in a corner the whole game, if i had moved much I would've been nailed by snipers, mortars, and worst of all those damn shermans running around all over the place. In any case it was a particularly intense game, and I learned a thing or two about why i seem stuck on the defensive often. I also agree with demonic - AT guns cost way too much pop cap.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc