Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:55:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beat the rush...  (Read 7484 times)
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 12:04:01 pm »

Well atleast that saves FL- some work!

Life or Lack There Of
salan
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 12:27:15 pm »

Items are now transferred to remaining members of a squad instead of dropping them on the ground.  If the team is fully absorbed into a team weapon, the items are dropped.

This is a large change for EIR, a lot of the prices reflect that the item can be dropped or not, remember RRs being higher price becuase they would not normally drop?  Now unless you actually kill the squad, they will never drop.  Assume that most people retreat before death, manpack might need a bit of an adjustment.

- HMGs (i.e. Vickers, Browning, .50 cal,mg42 HMG) increased 1.15 suppression vs tp_infantry_soldier.

--- what is TP_infantry?  states later that is british... is it also panzer?

- HMGs have increased suppression area (from 12 to 15m)

will be nice to see how this effects the 30cal, doesn't mean it will suppress faster, just MORE of an area when it does, BUT the 42 will also suppress more, as fast as it had before, this adds a bit more to its umph.

- Wehrmacht Inspired Assault cooldown weapon modifier changed from .2 to .6 to fix sniper issues.

die sniper swarm die!

- Wehrmacht Medical Kits can be used inside garrisonable structures or vehicles.

this is really important and can easily be overlooked, is 25 ammo for a medpack underpriced to keep your garrisoned units super healthy while under barrage?  Terror super suppressing MG's with two medpacks anyone?

- Damage on US Turret mounted and M3 halftrack .50 cal HMGs increased vs tp_infantry_soldier.
- Suppression on some HMG and LMGs increased vs tp_infantry_soldier.

again what is the tp_infantry, and tp_infantry_soldier

- Added one more reload cycle to US Ranger M1 thompson. Rangers would fire two bursts before reloading. Will now fire three.
 - US Ranger M1 Thomspon cooldowns and reloads tuned to decrease damage output.

rangers have a bit of a buff, and a bit of a nerf.  Meaning they will continue to fire for a longer period of time as they close distance, before reloading, BUT they will probably take longer to reload and windup.  Please keep an eye on this and see if some of the recent EIR nerf can be undone with these changes.

- Light vehicles (M8s, 234 Armoured Cars, Panzer Elite Armoured cars) are easier to hit when suffering engine damage. Engine damage increases accuracy penalty to 1.25, Engine destroyed increases accuracy penalty to 1.6.

this will definitely help vrs puma/m8 swarms.

- Wehrmacht Panther main gun range increased from 40 to 47.5.
 - Allied Sherman 76mm Upgun upgrade reduced in cost from 200mp\85fuel to 200mp\50fuel

the panther becomes more of a tank killer, and able to snipe, and to balance this they reduce the cost on the guns because they recognize the danger to allied tanks is now not only manpack crazy shreks at medium/short range, but sniper panthers that can't be penetrated at long range.  Crazy combo, charge and die to shreks, or stay long range and die to panther.

in EiR a price decrease on the sherman might be in order, but best to see how it plays out eitherway, im sure people will play the panther stupidly and close with it still for a while.

- King Tigers and Jagdpanthers have reduced accuracy vs moving M10 Tank Destroyers.

this makes the popcap of the kingtiger more justified to stay where it is.   m10s have no purpose in eir atm, they are BAIT for any type of anti tank, and a kingtiger taking up MOST of your popcap is hard to support, meaning a m10 might actually have a viable way to be used and stay alive to do it.  

- Wehrmacht and Panzer Elite Goliaths receive camouflage similar to Fallschirmjager. When in cover and not moving, the Goliaths will be camouflaged.

I know that if the price doesn't increase on these i'm buying me a few right away!

- Wehrmacht Panther main gun accuracy vs infantry reduced from .75 to .6
 - Wehrmacht Veteran tank top mounted MG does less damage.

Remember axis players, PANTHERS ARE NOT ANTI INFANTRY UNITS.  your super tank is now a tank killer in the truest meaning.  remind me why we should play allied armor and not just all be ranger/airborn spammers?

- US Pershing tank main gun penetration increased by 30% vs Panthers (0.5 to 0.65), approximately 80% vs Jagdpanthers (approx 0.22 to approx 0.4).
 - US Pershing tank main gun damage increased by 10% vs Panthers, Jagdpanthers.

the pershing atleast can deal with a buffed panther, keep it away from teh shreks still.

- Wehrmacht Nebelwerfer recharge is increased from 60 to 90s, but decreases by 10s at each level of support veterancy.

I don't think this should warrant a price decrease yet, the nebelwerfer was underpriced where it was at, this atleast is a base fix when considering what was done to the allied artillery, its to bad the stuka hasn't been effected aswell. (i play rocket artillery aswell)

- Wehrmacht Knight's Cross Holders have their Panzerfaust ability available at the first level of veterancy.

will this be an option in EiR? they do need this.

- Sherman Smoke upgrade reduced by 15fuel.

There is a reason the sherman gets smoke, it is, i believe, the only tank to not get vehicle cover, the allied sherman NEEDS cheaper smoke in EiRs current version.  It has so many counters that work so well against its life expectancy needs this return of cover.   If players learned to use their tanks in cover more often it would be amazing, the sherman does not have this option and has to pay for it.

- Most tank guns, Bofors emplacements, have had their moving target modifiers improved vs Armoured Car targets (M8s, SdKfz234 Pumas, Panzer Elite 22x) from .6 to .75.

m8/puma spams won't do as good in this version when dealing with a tank.

- US Calliope Rocket FOW scatter multipliers reduced. The Rockets will be slightly more concentrated when firing into the FOW.
 - US Calliope recharge time reduced to 80s
 - US Calliope Rocket barrage scatter tuned to fall more reliably around target location instead of scattering long.
 - US Calliope rockets do equal damage modifiers to tp_infantry and tp_infantry soldier

there is a reason they keep the allied artillery on a lower recycle, wish that EiR would learn this but whatever, but a calliope with such a cooldown might be excessively insane when combined with its tier 4...  I would expect a tier modification tbh the vehicle was already become FOTM.

just a small talk on the changes and how it could effect eir...
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 12:30:42 pm »

tp_infantry is the armour type for US/WM.  tp_infantry_soldier is the armour type for CW/PE.

Also, it does appear that -dev support is broken which means in order for me to test patches, I have to compile them into SGA each time.  This also means that the EIR patch may or may not come out tonight.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 12:35:16 pm »

well the  -dev thing really fucks up my Scar projects Sad.
salan
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 12:38:39 pm »

well the  -dev thing really fucks up my Scar projects Sad.

atleast we got the frapping done , grr
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40:57 pm »

well tbh i was pretty much stuck with the way relic make their subtitled speech things.
Stuart750 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 12:45:27 pm »

- US Calliope Rocket FOW scatter multipliers reduced. The Rockets will be slightly more concentrated when firing into the FOW.
 - US Calliope recharge time reduced to 80s
 - US Calliope Rocket barrage scatter tuned to fall more reliably around target location instead of scattering long.
 - US Calliope rockets do equal damage modifiers to tp_infantry and tp_infantry soldier

Oh yes!  You can't stop me now!!

We're going to have some awful fun! Just terrible, horrid fun!
Dalton Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 12:59:55 pm »

Hey, my kid brother just downloaded the patch and now i cant play any mods
Is there any way i can unistall it ? Or what do i do?

Edit-
Im reinstalling and repatching again Sad
I cant believe relic "accidentally" screw on the modding community
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:48:43 pm by Dalton » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc