Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 06:22:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More allies needed.... asked idle vent users  (Read 7944 times)
salan
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:33:40 pm »

Late night eir is an allied heaven, or nightmare....

Dasnoob, derrangedferret, lolto, thetacommander, twelve, mbp, aloserisyou, mcpage, spheremint, whilhelmonk, 3 others who left before i wrote down everyones names.

right now there are 3 games up , 2 - 2v2s and a 3v3, all of which are FULL on the axis side, and only 1 allied player to be found logged in.  ASking them why none of them are on allied side, most answer:

Germans are more enjoyable to play in this version of eir

germans are elite infantry, its better then crappy vanilla americans

if you want to play infantry, play axis

if you want to play tanks, play axis

rangers are sucky and not worth it

upgrades are better on the german side

the game play is more fun on the german side

you can cover your needs on the german side easier, panther tanks cover everything you need....

upgrades are funner, the units are funner...

puma's don't cost your arm like m8s and are actually useful!

Waiting for british, there's flavor there!

The fact you can upgrade different type of weapons on their base infantry, storms, volks, grens -- more appealing.

axis have all the cool doctrine abilities, allies are stuck on prices and are gimped..

the next question...

is there anything on the allied side that appeals to you?

------

calliope's and prenerfed howitzers

paradropping, can't wait for falch on axis!

allies look cooler with airborn dropping from the sky

pershings look sexy, <everyone else says fail but this person and they start talking about KT's and tigers>

the talk instantly goes back to the sexiness of playing with apex yelling 'get to the chatue'

salan
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:37:54 pm »

these weren't my answers, i was just simply typing as they gave feedback, will ask more questions while we wait..
CatinHat Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:50 pm »

I like my M4 Sherman tanks more then the Pershing tank... thats why I'm still in Allied Armored unit but it happens that my tanks are out classed in more then 5 areas.

Down side of Armor Div.-
1)cost
2)Axis have better tanks
3)Germans have 2x to 3x times the amount of armor then the Armored Div.
4)Anti tank guns and inf.
5)Germans have better upgrades
6)Different types of armor then the allies basic armor
7)Having a very large base of inf. for the armor Div. (I have 27 inf., 2 Sherman, 1 M10, and a support Pershing for the King Tigers---The Germans can start off with 2 King Tigers or 12 Stug III's or 9 Stuh 42's and etc.)
8)The Pershing is equal to the Panther/ Panther upgraded not equal to Tiger.

I wish there was more types of Sherman tanks to pick from and not the short and long gun upgrade. Maybe some Sherman's that have some more power behind them...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:11:51 pm by CatinHat » Logged

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:49:39 pm »

I think the problem Salan, as that over time the allied players have complained that they want units that can fight the axis units on more of a fair field, and in so doing shot themselves in the foot as far as flavor goes. The change from 6pop to 5pop for Rifles was the final nail. You guys wanted units that had lower pop, and now complain because their price went up, while the units you wanted to have higher pop went from 4 to 5 and you complain that they have gotten too cheap.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:53:47 pm »

I think the problem Salan, as that over time the allied players have complained that they want units that can fight the axis units on more of a fair field, and in so doing shot themselves in the foot as far as flavor goes. The change from 6pop to 5pop for Rifles was the final nail. You guys wanted units that had lower pop, and now complain because their price went up, while the units you wanted to have higher pop went from 4 to 5 and you complain that they have gotten too cheap.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Ok, just, please for the love of god. If you don't play both teams, don't act like you know what you're talking about in these threads. It's annoying, because you don't know, because you've never played allies.

Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:54:46 pm »

oh but he did DoW...for about 2 days...not enough time to truely know how it is to play allies though.

You get your cake and eat it all the time AmPM...allies need cake too.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 08:57:49 pm »

Really? I pay 300mp per squad.

You wanted the allies to reflect the axis, well you got it. Minus all the cool upgrades. So all you have is boring axis.

You wanted allied tanks to be able to go toe to toe with axis tanks, ok, well they are priced accordingly. Without having all the bonuses to tanks in Armor, you could have bonuses to cost. Or have more abilities that let you have more tanks on field. What about an m10 call in thats usable once per game, costs you nothing, and they get removed from your company at the end of the game?

Infantry company, instead of reducing all rifles to 5 pop, make an infantry only ability that gives you +1 pop per rifle squad on field.

Things of that nature, instead of playing in a +10% damage style arms race with the axis.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:01:10 pm by AmPM » Logged
ThetaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:58 pm »

The main problem with that is, about 80% of all players want elite infantry, better tanks, etc. You have players who play Allies but fill in the same niche as the Axis. As a result, they'll want what the Axis have. Let's look at Starcraft, most people play Protoss but very few play Zerg.

You also have to take into notice when the Allies's popcap drop from 30 to 24 and later on to 25. It was an indirect nerf to Allies in general and a buff to Axis.

You have to make both sides appealing to the masses. Simply being unique doesn't mean people will want to play it.

ThetaCommander - Defensive
GammaCommander - Armor
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 08:59:06 pm »

When the game gets rebalanced so that it is a fair fight I'll gladly come back, as of right now it is pointless to play since the odds of winning are very slim.

I mean comon Axis are now leading the territory race and that took them what, less then a week to do so. They are gaining territories like it is a give away at the local donut shop. Shouldn't that raise an eyebrow that something is amiss?

Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »

I personally never wanted allies to reflect Axis. I just want it balanced to the point of the war balancing out with both teams taking the offensive. Not to be mirrored. As it is, it's just one team out weighing another back and forth. Some of the patches are a bit to drastic.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:02:17 pm by Days of War » Logged
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 09:01:26 pm »

You wanted the allies to reflect the axis, well you got it. Minus all the cool upgrades. So all you have is boring axis.

Ill gladly pay this for a company of 32 stealthed units.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 09:01:37 pm »

Which is why there needs to be smaller patches that last longer. Not this 30 change patch that is in effect for 2 days.

A patch with 5 fixes a week would be more then enough.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 09:02:20 pm »

The problem you are seeing right now isn't the game balance so much, its a poor win/loss mechanic going out of control. For every game you lose you have to win 3 more. Its silly.

Draygon, I have 23 units thank you. I wish I could get 32. They also have a very low resistance to suppression, maybe you should like into taking advantage of that (had a squad suppressed by airborne the other day....)
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 09:02:36 pm »

Ill gladly pay this for a company of 32 stealthed units.

Plus they have better armor/health/and dammage iirc.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 09:04:32 pm »

The problem you are seeing right now isn't the game balance so much, its a poor win/loss mechanic going out of control. For every game you lose you have to win 3 more. Its silly.

That has a slight issue, but the balance has been screwed. The fact that a 3rd limb is required to win a game has nothing to do with the win/loss mechanic but infact current balance.

The recent patch nerfed allied counters to Axis buffs.
wraith547EIR Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 09:09:21 pm »

The main reason I don't play much is that I have an incredibly full life, EIR is fun, but not something I can dedicate that much time to.

Granted I will also admit that it isnt much fun playing allies at this point. It seems like I always end up with new players (which I don't really mind) against loaded axis teams. I don't mind losing, but it isnt much fun for anyone if you get annihilated.
Dr.Nick Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 09:13:49 pm »

AmPm I hate to tell you but price is waaaay more important than popcap, 1 less popcap means if I realy have 4 Rifle squads out I can mabye have 1 more AT or something, doesn't help the volks spam availability vs rifle spam availability.

Spammable Award

The 'Spammable Award' goes to the member who has well... spammed the most out of 1 unit throughout the war and who actions have been talked about doing such thing.

And the winner is......Dr. Nick with his close to 50 Airborne
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 09:14:28 pm »

Do you want more than 4 "Elite Infantry" squads without having to use a couple dozen RBs and/or CPs?

Do you want both heavy and medium tanks...without having to choose a doctrine?

Do you want artillery that actually survives more than a single round?

Do you want a plethora of unit variety to buff out your company?

Do you want your tanks to actually stand a fair chance of vetting up?

If so, please call the Axis helpline at...
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 09:17:15 pm »

LMAO Acker...thats probably the best I have ever seen it put.

And I agree its not so much the price, its everything else that went into it, the last "balance" patch really put a corkscrew into anything the allies had going, it really needs to be undone.

I do agree with you AmPM that the win/loss mechanic is fubar and needs something done to it, it truely is fubar.
DerangedFerret Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 09:56:04 pm »

I wish they would just bring back the old attack whenever you wanted to method which worked fine.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc