Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:31:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More allies needed.... asked idle vent users  (Read 7939 times)
Doce Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 10:06:06 pm »

AmPm is making some very good suggestions. Currently Allies and Axis are, respectively, like an apple that costs a dollar, and an apple that costs a dollar that doesn't have any seeds and can turn invisible. Allies are about swarms, and overwhelming the Killbots by making them reach their kill capacity. Their Doctrine Abilities and costs don't reflect that, and so Allies are in fact just Axis without all the good upgrades.

"How many in a dozen, mofo?"
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:24 pm »

Most if not all the complaints should be laid at relics doorsptep about bland americans. When you look at history they are as varied as the next force and had a heap of variety.   Unfortunatly only a few mods have added new vehicles and the like but with limited success.   Its not Ucross or EIR's fault that relic made the faction they way it is and if you look at it they are trying to rectify the problem with the brits, but maybe a review of the americans would have been in order.

So long as FL maintains the sound policy of not including a raft of different units that moves the mod even further away from COH we should be consider what is really needed to make this work for the allies, AND maybe there should be some consideration of rolling back some of the pop cap changes to justify the price reduction there seems to be a scream for.  Can't have it both ways and you need to maybe give up some of the ground you have won now that there seems to be a realisation that it was not what was hoped for with the changes. 

Just thought.

DerangedFerret Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 11:24:37 pm »

We don't need a raft, just a few new ones would be nice....

Like a Firefly for Americans maybe?
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 11:40:31 pm »

Or the American Officer that everyone wanted.  I am one of the older players who stays away from the Americans.  I have played a game here and there, and for the most part they are not as fun to play, micro, or upgrade.  I don't know what fl- and ucross can do about it, but I do know that you cannot get the full story by looking at a spread sheet that lists the number of axis v. allied companies created and played.  You cannot get the full story by seeing which upgrades are bought over others.

Hell, Relic just added even more flavor to the axis by making Goliaths camo in cover.  At some point the devs need to throw in the towel and take a few steps of their own to help boost the American game play.  If that means creating a new unit or bringing a new game feature separate from relic, all the better.  Hell it will be amazing advertisement for this mod for anyone playing vCOH who wants to come play with say and American Lieutenant.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 11:42:29 pm »

I think the Americans Officer Rank is Captain, the last time I looked at his Helmet.
ThetaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 11:45:32 pm »

Or the American Officer that everyone wanted.  I am one of the older players who stays away from the Americans.  I have played a game here and there, and for the most part they are not as fun to play, micro, or upgrade.  I don't know what fl- and ucross can do about it, but I do know that you cannot get the full story by looking at a spread sheet that lists the number of axis v. allied companies created and played.  You cannot get the full story by seeing which upgrades are bought over others.

Hell, Relic just added even more flavor to the axis by making Goliaths camo in cover.  At some point the devs need to throw in the towel and take a few steps of their own to help boost the American game play.  If that means creating a new unit or bringing a new game feature separate from relic, all the better.  Hell it will be amazing advertisement for this mod for anyone playing vCOH who wants to come play with say and American Lieutenant.

Even though I rarely agree with you on most topics, this is something I can absolutely agree with. This is what I want to see from the developers.

ThetaCommander - Defensive
GammaCommander - Armor
Thtb-Ally Offline
The German Guy on the Ally side?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 01:47:09 am »

Axis can out spawn the allys with elite inf, since the allys basic inf is totally overpriced :I.

CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 01:50:05 am »

Well... With the new patch, it seems that Allies have superior Vet compared to Axis as in vCOH, so I guess you can say it all balances out, since the Axis doesn't have a magical building that give automatic vet to them in this mod.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 06:15:35 am »

I don't like playing allies all too much, everything just costs too much overall :/.
I can get a bigger company on my axis, with overall better units and better upgrades.
Fulltimekiller Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 06:28:14 am »

herioc armor for grens and strom sounds nice as vet 2

Btw cant we have avaiblity like you can get max 10 storm  max 15-20 airborne  max 10 rangers max 10 khc max 20 grens

in 1 company

and back to topic

Hey salan if i join Allies with boo
all axis players disapears  Huh
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:32:11 am by Fulltimekiller » Logged
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 08:56:07 am »

Rangers don't have Heroic Armor, only KCH have them in this game. Plus Rangers use Elite Armor already I think.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 08:59:37 am »

Yeah, the only thing change about rangers was the Thompson reload spool
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 09:01:03 am »

and their veterency tables

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 09:08:54 am »

Heroic armor is diff from infantry elite.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc