Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:12:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet dieing =/  (Read 3010 times)
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 04, 2008, 01:10:13 am »

Now it could be the weather lately... but ever since I started playing EiR I lose connection to the internet. Strangely enough it seems to happen around 1-4 am est time. Sometimes happens in the late afternoon. Now I haven't had this problem playing normal CoH and other on-line games which I've played a lot at around the same times with no internet problems.

The problem also seems to happen when I try to play with certain players, I mean it could be a number of things causing it, but I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

My available companies:
Allies:
*AB company going for raid assault
  Infantry going for tank reapers
Axis:
*Defensive going for rocket artillery
  Blitz going for lightning war
  And an experimental Terror company going for subversion consisting of all volks and two King Tigers
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:22:26 am »

Losing internet connectivity will have absolutely nothing to do with EiR, or certain players. 

Most likely it is your ISP, and losing connectivity during those hours coincides with their maintenance operations.  Are you sure that you do not have a limited bandwidth per month?  Some services, especially outside the US, have a hard cap per billing period.

Other things to at least consider are viruses / trojans, and faulty hardware.  Run an updated virus scan, and reseat all of your connections between your wall and your PC for internet.  For example, I have DSL, my cord from my wall to my DSL modem apparently has a faulty seat in the wall, and it is like 6 inches from my foot, so if I bump into it I sometimes D/C myself.  If you use DSL, make certain that the DSL filters are on all telephony walljacks currently in use in the household.

If you use cable, and not DSL, it is possible that you have too great of a load on the system if you have too many connections in use in the household.  (i.e. more televisions or other PCs connected than you used to)

But I absolutely guarantee you that it has nothing to do with EiR or who you are playing with, if your problem is losing internet connectivity (as in, you cannot connect to anything on the internet at all).

[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 03:29:36 pm »

i have a wireless router, so that's why the weather may be playing an effect, my girlfriend pointed out that it was raining when i was having the problems... and it's spring so rain is out more then it was before, so I think it's just the shitty weather out here as of lately.
Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:33:18 pm »

i have a wireless router, so that's why the weather may be playing an effect, my girlfriend pointed out that it was raining when i was having the problems... and it's spring so rain is out more then it was before, so I think it's just the shitty weather out here as of lately.

Hahaha. I laughed pretty hard when I read this.

CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:35:09 pm »

I have crappy internet at home (comcast) so I find that after playing a more bandwidth-intensive game like EIR for a period of time (or torrenting overnight) I need to power-cycle my modem+router (aka, unplug them for a few seconds and plug them back in) to get back to optimal effectiveness.  I usually end up doing this after every few games in a row.

Of course, this might have nothing to do with your problem.  Also, wireless sucks Tongue

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc