Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:19:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: playing times  (Read 6899 times)
PanzerLehrDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 23, 2007, 05:53:00 am »

Fldash,

in your design preview, you say that certain days will be for planning and such, and certain days will be for battle.
This may be quite difficult for some people.
(ie i cant play in the weekens usually - only week evenings on brussels time zone)
did you see the post i made some time ago on relic Forum? ( http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=132727&highlight=online+wars )
is there some way to incorporate this in the design? (just asking)

imo the goal of the design should ba that players at all time should be able to play, and ownership of a region/zone should be determined by the overal victories of either side in that region;

if you can find a way of incorporating resource managament in there, all the better, hat off to you.

but limiting the playing hours to , for example friday, saturday and sunday morning isnt a really good starting point

this is NOT negative comment! just trying to construct and help you as far as i am able.

id just think the way i thought it would leave more possibilities to attract more players...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 12:09:39 pm »

Normally matches can be held on any day and I believe that is meant by that extract of text.

As on some days you'll just be logging in to manage your army, check the updates and so on and only on other days will you actually play some matches.

These matches will be on pre-defined dates (to make sure both you and your opponent can make it) but not on fixed days only Smiley.
PanzerLehrDivision Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:12:00 am »

sorry unknown, i still didnt get it.
if i understand correctly, you are not able to log on to the game at any given moment to play it.

which is a pretty important feature imo.

people have differentr working times, time zones, and a multitude of situations at home usually of which gaming is the lowest priority (ie something to do in your spare time - if any)

making an appointment with somebosy in order to able to play a game is a very dangerous setup and will lead to a quick death for any game;

this is my opinion. i for one will have a hard time to function correctly as a regular player able to make appointments and such.

dont take offense in my reply please - juts trying to point something out

unless i understood wrong?
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:16:31 am »

Are battles played with annihilate or victory points? I think 1000 victory points would be good.
Ucross Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 06:52:27 am »

Annihilation and a time limit (possibly 60 minutes but still in the works).

We are still looking at different methods to prevent people from hiding let's say a single sniper.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 07:20:51 am »

people have differentr working times, time zones, and a multitude of situations at home usually of which gaming is the lowest priority (ie something to do in your spare time - if any)

making an appointment with somebosy in order to able to play a game is a very dangerous setup and will lead to a quick death for any game;
All league-based setups work this way.  Look how big CAL and TWL are and tell me it won't work? 
Soulis6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 11:19:07 pm »

In regards to preventing sinpers from just hiding and jeeps from zipping around to run out the clock how about make it so that if all that is left when the timer counts down and the game is over are some specific specilized units (such as snipers, jeeps, maybe a few others) then those units are counted as destroyed.
This way a player could't simply hide a sniper and wait, because it would still count as a loss and their sniper would be gone.

Also is there anything in place to prevent one squad from just running away from another until the map ends?
For example if the allies were defending and the axis attacking, after a fierce fight the allied player is down to his last inf squad but so is the axis attacker, whats to stop the allied player from just running his troops away from the axis player until the time is out? Possibly a strategic point or hq that is on the defender's far side of the map that they must hold or something of that nature?
Soulis6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:25:09 pm »

any thoughts? are some of these features already implemented?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 05:57:52 am »

With the autoterritory thing it would already be hard for a player to hide any forces.

And yes, when below x amount of population cap (and possibly no territories left under control) a timer could pop up and count down to automatic resigning of the basically defeated side.

Shouldn't be too hard and from what I've seen it's likely to be added.
Jaden Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 04:34:52 pm »

So...

Lets say I can play on Friday around 3:00... Can I ask the other side to play on that date or is it a pre-defined date like Wednesday at 12:00 Midnight :/

Also: If its pre-difined, can we ask for a certain date Tongue
Ucross Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 05:14:35 pm »

You can ask for anytime, but incase all the players can't agree on a time a default will be implemented.
Soulis6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 08:02:14 am »

Thx unkn0wn, I didnt know about the autoterritory feature yet. Dont think it will be hard to find the remaining forces in that case.
Keep up the great work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc