Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:52:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Argh  (Read 13425 times)
Parttimekiller Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 10:04:36 am »

its more the point of insult first and then whine
he had a winrate of 70% so he should be able to play
and its if i check my allied company i got 3 vetted unit my 3 ab
í think his company got even more vet
i font see a reason to abandon because he is afraid

In vcoh in a automatch i was playing against the top players  its not like i gonna drop right away
i just play the game because i want to get a game

Cokkles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 10:05:41 am »

its more the point of insult first and then whine

I asked for an abandon (Was that insulting?)

I asked for an abandon (That was whining?)

This also isn't vCoH obviously.  vCoH also doesn't pair you against top players unless you're rated as a top player.

These games are setup according to a percentage of wins.  I can have 2 games and won both with 100% and may fight a guy with 75% but he may have 250 games.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 10:06:32 am »

Care to share what the teams looked like?
Cokkles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 10:08:01 am »

I have 8 games, 4-4.  RandomSum1 was 3 games all wins and Matt has around 70 games.

TheGrandfather is in the top 20 companies list on their team.  And the other two guys were his normal partners, so they probably had similiar setups and experience.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 10:08:29 am »

Like I told LtMatt in a PM.  From what I heard, you guys were rude first, then asked for an abandon.  It's all about respect.  Show some and get some.  Asking nicely for an abandon would have probably gone a long way...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 10:09:39 am »

Rarely does fl-, since there's a policy backing them up they rarely see the need to be kind & abandon Wink.
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 10:10:07 am »

Another important thing that FL pointed out before is that we are engaged in a war, not just a series of independent battles that only concern those who are playing.

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
Cokkles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 10:10:30 am »

Too bad we did.

We asked for an Abandon and we told em we didn't wanna play against them cause we'd be outmatched.  All they did was keep saying "It's fine lets play It's fine lets play It's fine lets play, don't worry about it the percentages are close"  And then they just refused to abandon and we just kept asking, then that was it.
Cokkles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 10:11:29 am »

Another important thing that FL pointed out before is that we are engaged in a war, not just a series of independent battles that only concern those who are playing.

It's a game that they are trying to setup so new players don't get put against the best of the best.  Or the War will become one sided quickly and the new players will be discouraged and just quit.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 10:11:57 am »

Abandoning has little impact on the war, noobbashing can have a lot of impact.
(Not saying it was noobbashing but just in general, easy roll-over games are no fun)
Parttimekiller Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:06 am »

Too bad we did.

We asked for an Abandon and we told em we didn't wanna play against them cause we'd be outmatched.  All they did was keep saying "It's fine lets play It's fine lets play It's fine lets play, don't worry about it the percentages are close"  And then they just refused to abandon and we just kept asking, then that was it.

when did that happen ?
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:11 am »

Let me clarify a few things...

No system is going to be perfect.  Politely asking for an abandon, regardless of the rules is not a ridiculous request.  Especially in the situation just displayed.

We do NOT want players refusing to play simply because they 'think' they are outmatched.  I know Ucross and I have both won games with fresh companies against players with veterancy and more CP.  

If the only way playing is fun, is when you win.  They you will probably be a detriment to the community anyway.  It's not all about wins and losses.  It's about taking out key units, gaining veterancy/CP, etc...
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 10:18:23 am »

Or, IMO, fun is just destroying the map / vet hunting.  Grin

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
Parttimekiller Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 10:18:53 am »

i played against them b4  unknown

i got 1 win and 1 loss against lmatt

Cokkles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 10:20:26 am »

Can the game just be autoabandoned so we can go on already?  This is ridiculous.

I don't have a fresh company, I'm a fresh newb with no experience.  Put a T4 Doctrine and a full vet company in my arms and I'm not nearly as good with someone with the same thing.

It's not the fresh company, we asked for the abandon and they wanted to be douchebags about it.

But I see there are people that are just not friendly and wanna bash me for experience, fine.  I'm new to the game, Who wants to play a game against me and dig up some experience?  Cause thats pretty much my usage now.

..LIEUTENANT MATT cannot single handely defeat 3 people who work together on a regular basis.

THANK YOU
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 10:22:10 am »

I'm sorry this has happened, it happens every week or so and everyone calls for a change of the system.  The problem is, our community isn't big enough.  So you either you play the game, knowing you will probably lose and have a chance to take out units, or maybe even win if you play well, or you don't -- which results in the whole mod failing because you only care about playing in a game you can win.

If you want to recruit all your friends and their friends and their friends to play so we have enough players to where we can tighten the restrictions on uneven games, believe me we will.
LtMatt Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 10:23:07 am »

Yes part time, no doubt that was against me when i played with a very good player such as Schultzz, AMPM, Brad, McPage, Nate etc etc, not when i played with two new guys that are learning the ropes.

I am so disappointed in the players concerned and the moderator. We were not rude, i am never rude to anyone unless they deserve it. I am confident, in fact i am sure if you ask any player that i have played with or against, that i am not rude, and i would expect the same to go for my team mates.

These guys were not rude, they were however confident that we should play them even though they admitted and knew that two of my team mates were noobs, and they were excellent players. They said its ok, it will be ok etc, they have a good chance of winning bla bla bla. This was before the game had started, if we had started the game we would have played on.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:24:57 am by LtMatt » Logged
They Call Me SpitFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 10:23:58 am »

I believe noob bashing is gay, and we need to respect our fellow community. If we don't we might as well be the all powerful bully that nobody likes. If its the allies that didn't have the vet and crap I'll play them I have no vet maybe a couple vet 1 and thats it. I'll even show them some cool tactics and stuff.

Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone
Just the one-two of us, who's counting on
That never happens
I guess I'm dreaming again
Let's be more than
No, oh
Crush
Crush
Crush
Crush, crush
(Two, three, four!)
Parttimekiller Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2008, 10:24:51 am »

cokkle my point is if you asked it polite is would abadon it . not calling us idoits first and tell me 2 too abdon or wait for 2 hours

if you say stuff like that i will say sure we wait for 2 hours
LtMatt Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26:09 am »

cokkle my point is if you asked it polite is would abadon it . not calling us idoits first and tell me 2 too abdon or wait for 2 hours

if you say stuff like that i will say sure we wait for 2 hours

Excuse me, i am trying to be polite here but stop lying out of your ****. No one was rude, and don't try to feed this crap to other users about us. End of discussion from me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc