Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:05:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No, no, no  (Read 21784 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 03:53:12 am »

European education system for the win.
And to think that I had to study the name of every country in the world for geography even though I only had 1 - 2 hours a week Tongue.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2008, 03:57:43 am »

the first vid is staged and the second is...well...nobody likes muslims, ROFL

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2008, 04:32:18 am »

Those two videos showed me that you should only establish democracy once people are smart enough for it.

There is exactly the problem! It does not make sense for the rich political families to make good public schools. They can send their kids to the top notch private schools, and then they get elected into politics because of who their father was.(George Bush). If they keep good private schools you will have people graduate and actually know something about how society works and have an opinion about laws and so fort.
       When it has come to this, and you sort of have "family parties". Here in Norway, we have the workers party (2nd biggest) that is basically ran by the "Stoltenberg family". There are more examples, but i can not be bothered writing them. Having a smart public in a democracy can lead to a good society, but having a stupid public in a society will only lead to a dictatorship.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 04:35:20 am by Flack » Logged

Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2008, 04:33:15 am »

So like, this topic sucks now...

Anyways, I've only had the huge luck of going to school in Poland and Australia. In both I went to crappy public schools, so I don't know what it looks like in private schools. The standard there is probably a little higher.

The Australian primary schools start off a little faster. After coming back to Poland after the first two grades, I knew more than all the kids in class. Except Polish... but I mostly caught up with that soon enough =p
After that the Australian schools started to lag behind =) Going back to grade 6, I was more knowledgeable in most subjects, except Australian geography and history. Luckily I only skipped one year that time, so I didn't have too much trouble catching up again in the Polish school.
Then there's high schools. You can't even compare them. The Australian school was cooler. Tons of experiments in my physics and chemistry classes, funner classes available and also so much simpler. Unfortunately I only got to finish junior high there =D

Anyways, I had a hard time switching between the two systems, not because of the levels. I'm so smart that I had no trouble catching up when I returned home. The schools I went to were completely different.
Over here, the teachers were strict. Talking during any classes, got you thrown out of the class. We had homework after every class. Tests every few weeks. But we'd often be late to class. Sometimes the teachers would have to come get us from the soccer field when we were having too much fun to care about the time.

In Australia, I got like two assignments every semester. I didn't even do most. One final test. Only in Maths class did we have homework, and nobody ever did it anyway. During classes, half the student were talking and doing their own stuff. We had a few teachers that were cool, but who the class loved to mess with. One of them would sometimes, if a student wasn't paying attention, slowly walk over to a desk, take out a small very weak tazer-like thing, walk over behind the student and lightly stun him. It was amusing to the rest of us =D
Another would sometimes throw shoes at talking students and on one occasion chased out one kid waving a chair above his head =D I miss school.. university is so boring.
But we had to wear uniforms, which fucked with me horribly. Truancy or even being late to class was looked upon as a huge sin.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2008, 03:50:48 pm »

Phil is that more about your attitude to school or the system?, i think we all had experiances like that at one time or another but can you really say your disrespect for the system is born out buy it? or is that more to do with other factors?

lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2008, 04:10:46 pm »

lomp you make no sense with a lot of your posts...

QFT

http://bd1.battledawn.com/referx.php?serv=5&ref=1449
^ The best time waster...EVAR!!!!
 _ - + _ Lompoc Certified  _ + - _
GMGriffith Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 04:34:13 pm »

I'm not sure what its like in most public schools in the US, the schools i went to did a fantastic job of offering higher level courses for the students that could handle them, for those of you in the US did you have systems like this? Also its my understanding that Germany actually has a system where all students do some form of education after high school (for the most part i would imagine) and its either a "standard" university type school or its more like a trades school - it seems to me that something like this is pretty much ideal, at least on an after basic schooling level. For me the schooling i received at public schools was fantastic - though there was a point that i was in a "regular geography" vice an "honors geography" class because of scheduling issues, the first day we wrote countries names in the blanks on a map then colored them.... this was my second year of highschool, i almost flipped out that we were doing something that a 3rd grader should be doing so i can see how public schooling can be next to worthless. I think i had 3 days of that class before i got my schedule changed, they were all horrible.

Anyhows - START PLAYING ALLIES SO I CAN GET MORE GAMES AS AXIS PEOPLE!
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2008, 04:44:33 pm »

Phil is that more about your attitude to school or the system?, i think we all had experiances like that at one time or another but can you really say your disrespect for the system is born out buy it? or is that more to do with other factors?

What?
Flack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2008, 12:22:18 am »

Also its my understanding that Germany actually has a system where all students do some form of education after high school (for the most part i would imagine) and its either a "standard" university type school or its more like a trades school - it seems to me that something like this is pretty much ideal, at least on an after basic schooling level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_stages It does not say anything about german school, but i think they have the same system as us here in Norway.
They Call Me SpitFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 01:58:35 pm »

Dude I'm american I answered 90% of them right. Thank my only good teacher my history/Geography teacher
            I did not cheat.
1. Name a country that begins with u?
 United States of America Cheesy
2.Who is in the coalition in the willing?
 A guess, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Israel, Pakistan,Kuwait. Idk I'm only 13lmao
3. What is the religion of Israel?
 maily Jewish with mixes of muslim, and christian as minorities
4. What religion are buddist monks.
  Buddist or Buddism
5. Who won the vietnam war?
To be honest in all my years of schooling we haven't had one lesson on Vietnam, umm I'd guess it;d be the North Vietnamese over the South.
6. Who is Fidel Castro?
 President(if you can say that) of Cuba
7. How many sides does a tri angle have.
8.Currency of The UK?
 The British pound
9. Tony Blair?
 Prime Minister of England right?or was?

Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone
Just the one-two of us, who's counting on
That never happens
I guess I'm dreaming again
Let's be more than
No, oh
Crush
Crush
Crush
Crush, crush
(Two, three, four!)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 02:11:36 pm »

Gonna go with Uruguay as a country that starts with U.

EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 02:12:47 pm »

I thought of my home country first I can't believe so many ppl didn't know that!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2008, 02:26:36 pm »

9. Tony Blair?
Was, current one is Gordon Brown.

6. Who is Fidel Castro?
 President(if you can say that) of Cuba
Was, current one is Raul Castro.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2008, 02:39:28 pm »

Thanks unknown the only update the textbooks every 4yrs due to "lack-a-cash" in school funding.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2008, 02:47:24 pm »

A guess, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Israel, Pakistan,Kuwait. Idk I'm only 13lmao

You forgot Polska!  Shocked

But yeah Syria, Iran, and Israel are definitely not in the coalition of the willing.  Seeing as how Iran is our enemy and Syria is considered a state sponsor of terror.

The primary coalition members that contributed troops to the invasion are the UK, Austria, Poland, and Denmark.  Spain had troops there until the Madrid bombings.  Japan has some non-combat units and funds.  I'm not sure if Canada has troops there.  There are some 49 countries cited as members only some of which have contributed troops.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
CommanderNewbie Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »

9. Tony Blair?
Was, current one is Gordon Brown.

You sure it's not Jackson Brown?  Cheesy

CommanderNewbie - Allied
Prydefalcn - Axis
muha2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2008, 03:16:50 pm »

You forgot Polska!  Shocked

But yeah Syria, Iran, and Israel are definitely not in the coalition of the willing.  Seeing as how Iran is our enemy and Syria is considered a state sponsor of terror.

The primary coalition members that contributed troops to the invasion are the UK, Austria, Poland, and Denmark.  Spain had troops there until the Madrid bombings.  Japan has some non-combat units and funds.  I'm not sure if Canada has troops there.  There are some 49 countries cited as members only some of which have contributed troops.

Are you talking about the invasion of Iraq?

If so, I heard that Canada had troops posted in Iraq, until a US plane killed a few of them (accident), I got no idea wether it is true or not. I do know for certain that CA has troops in Afgan though.
DerangedFerret Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »

By arguing that ALL Americans are stupid, you are just as stupid as the people on these shows. You realize that they find the stupidest people they can get? I can answer all of the questions posed in the videos, and I'm in fucking high school.

Also notice that they were all old people and/or rednecks. Wtf did you expect? Geniuses?
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2008, 03:22:52 pm »

Ya, damn those old people! Everyone knows they're retards! =D
muha2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2008, 03:25:13 pm »

That is true, there are plently of smart people in the US, but MANY MANY MANY idiots.

I've had a guy, he was ~30-40 i think, ask me were I was born, I said "Ukraine", and he said "Ohhh, its a city in Russia, right?"

In my geography class, the world map is 20 years old, it still has the USSR in it....(its in CA)

P.S. I think many Americans think that they won the vietnam war.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc