Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:49:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot New Info  (Read 8524 times)
BradAnderson1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 09:57:51 am »

first off, its the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance
second - who are you, and how does this qualify as "hot info"?

Seriously, why are you still allowed to post?

Because I have intelligent things to say and the mods approve, or at least tolerate them.    I think the bigger question is, why do you care?  And who are you, anyhow?

I wouldn't consider that intelligent as much as border line trolling. I care because I'm part of the community, and it's better off without people trying to piss people off. And I'm Holden, I've been around since the day the alpha went public in 1.0

Said this before and I'm sure i'll have to say it again - When I post negatively, its almost always because someone has put forward a bad, clearly unbalanced idea for buffing one side over the other simply because they've had a loss or a series of losses, and need some reason other than themselves to attribute it to.  Yes, I am abrasive - but I'm not wrong on this type of idea, I know my stats backwards and forwards and I have several thousand games worth of experiance since the original CoH beta backing me up, I play all 4 factions in vanilla and am very familiar with all of it.  I am very familiar with all the current EiR doctrines, and I know the vast majority of the players - I played the original public alpha of EiR, then when OF came out I took a hiatus until the beginning of 2008.

Bad ideas are bad ideas, in my experiance, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and the people who complain the most about the current system are the ones who drive change, because (in general) the majority of users are content to play the game and not bother posting on the forums - I take it upon myself to be very vocal in those bad-idea threads pointing on flaws both in the theorycrafting that goes on, in the incorrect usage or complete lack of accurate stats, and in the players themselves who are proposing the changes - In general this is a very small and select group of players who over and over and over take a loss and come up with a new terrible idea to "fix" the system that caused them to lose, be it MG42 suppression, Airborne drops, or any of the other myriad of things that are causing them to lose.

Frankly, I think the funniest part is the number of people who devote their time to telling me i'm not helping - How exactly does THAT help?  Prove me wrong with logic and stats, unless you can't - which seems to be the case more often than not.    Say what you will about my methods, but I do back up my arguments with reality in the form of stats, logic, and gameplay experiance.   

taa daaaaaaaaa

It's possible to state facts and be intelligent without being a prick.
signed.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 10:17:12 am »

The relative rightness or wrongness of your arguements is irrelevant. You could be making the best points in the universe and I still wouldn't care because you are acting like a prick.

And the reason people post about how much of a prick you are being is because they hope you will either realise you are being a prick and stop or be banned, making this forum a sunnier place for all concerned.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Dbozpurple Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 10:50:29 am »

Andy may be a prick, but most of the time I notice that he has a logical
 point.
slowzo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 12:13:16 pm »

I just dont understand why he needed to use a simple thread that says "hey, im back, fear my t4 arty rawr!"  into, "I'm awsome! t4 sucks everyone listens to me cuz i use logic."  Andy reminds me of an American politician.  I mean, this wasn't even a balance thread or anything, merely some guy whos telling people hes gonna be back cuz he has power.  All power to him, no pun intended.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:17:18 pm by slowzo » Logged
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 12:40:32 pm »

first off, its the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance
second - who are you, and how does this qualify as "hot info"?

at least phil is comical in his trolling, your just plain insulting.
GamerAndyAlly Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 01:39:11 pm »

I think its great how so many community members can take time out of their busy days to tell me to stop being a prick in what I can only describe as a very dickish way.

The hypocracy here really is quite thick.

Again, at least I generally have a point relating to gameplay when I tell someone off, you guys don't seem to need a reason at all Smiley

So theres no more confusion:
http://wiki.onlinegamers.org/index.php?title=Cry_more_noob%3F

If necessary, I can also provide links a useful definition of Sarcasm
Eleven Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 01:40:50 pm »

Andy get on vent you prick.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 04:39:25 pm »

Thread descending into nothing but personal attacks, thus locked.

GamerAndy: your attitude towards others with different views needs to improve more. I believed you've been reprimanded by mods for it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc