Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:24:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why 2.0 fails  (Read 14311 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 08:01:52 pm »

Think we'd all just be happy with all 4 factions and maybe a little doctrine tweaking.

I think in the end that's what everyone really wanted over anything else
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 08:15:04 pm »

Honestly, you should integrate PE and CW, for the sake of keeping the community rolling, with old prices (maybe tested, maybe not). Update it. Let the community find the problems. We'll post it, one of the dev members or yourself will read it and fix it when you have time.

Hell, if this community ran for so long with an assault bug, barley used, with the possibility of reaching unbelievable munition supplies, and no one truly abused it, i think we can actually keep moving forward.

The site is fine, the resources are fine, the vet is fine, everything that we currently have is fine for what it is. I've been playing EiR for 2 weeks, though i have seen its birth at Relic from the very start (initially thought it was a text based mod that plays it out for you. lmao.) I am impressed with what you have created with only your will, ambition and amusement keeping you moving forward.

As long as I can find the time, i will play.

Well Done

too bad images are disallowed Sad
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 08:48:06 pm »

Honestly, What the fuck are you people thinking??

I don;t know dash, i am reliitivly new, i stormed on here and spoke my mind, complained, bitched and whined with the best of them but in the end they made decisions with or without my input and i can respect them for it. 

The man basically said he had some serious personal shit happen, wife problems which comes first over a damn game.  Then his heart fell out of it and while the man is down yous basically like.. Well fuck your problems, release somethign anyhow.  Honestly?  Let the man alone.  You don;t think he knows that u want something, anything???  But then 4 factions will be released and someone will post...

" AMAZING new factions"
Next 100 posts
"This needs balencing, just do this, or this, or that, it will work like this.  I won;t learn to code or to help, just to spew my opinons at great length as much as possible while not truly contributing anything more then my words.  "

Come on, leave the man alone.  He said ifg he gets the itch he will do it again, kicking a man in the ribs when hes on the ground struggling to breath is not going to help.  Let him catch his breath, relax, and either wait or go do something else...

Good mod, i have fun with it.  And i love the fact i never had to pay, much appreciated Smiley

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Skynxnex Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 08:55:21 pm »

Free mod... if you want something to happen quickly, you help out, end of story. It takes people time to add things to this current mod, just wait patiently and have fun with what you currently have. 4-5 months after PE and Brits come out, people are already going to be getting bored and stop playing... Updates dont do much... they bring back some fun, but you lose it soon enough.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 09:29:56 pm »

Leaving FLdash alone is like a cowboy hanging up his hat, like a police officer turning in his badge.

I like this mod. So I'm going to continue to hope for more.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Haroquen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 09:39:56 pm »

Leaving FLdash alone is like a cowboy hanging up his hat, like a police officer turning in his badge.

I like this mod. So I'm going to continue to hope for more.

You're off the case pardner!

I hate. <3
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 09:42:57 pm »

Think we'd all just be happy with all 4 factions and maybe a little doctrine tweaking.

I think in the end that's what everyone really wanted over anything else

QFT

I still see myself playing this mod for at least a year as long as long as games aren't too hard to get. A little doctrine switch to the current doctrines, and some changes to the launcher and I'd have zero complaints currently.

My available companies:
Allies:
*AB company going for raid assault
  Infantry going for tank reapers
Axis:
*Defensive going for rocket artillery
  Blitz going for lightning war
  And an experimental Terror company going for subversion consisting of all volks and two King Tigers
pickles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 12:00:56 am »

2.0 fails for a lot of reasons that Apex has stated. 

To be honest, platoon purchasing was scrapped a long time ago.  The plan was/is to implement a system were your custom built platoons are 'type-categorized' based upon the units in them, and only allow you so many of each type. 

Rating is done, dynamic pricing is done. 

Automatch is not done, nor is the mod portion.

My wife did throw a huge fit, and I stopped checking in entirely.  Now that things have calmed down, I'm finding it hard to get back into the groove, which weakly translates into a lack of interest in getting 2.0 done.

I know many of you didn't want to hear that, and others probably already guessed.  I'm sure players are leaving, I don't blame them. 

At least we have a working system with 2 factions...   Maybe we should just implement the PE and CW into our current system and worry about all the flair or 2.0 later... I don't really know.

I do know that I've lost a lot of the heart I had for EIR.  While it'll always be my baby, my one project that was an actual success, we still sit here at a crossroads of further success or nothing...

I suppose a lot of my interest died when Buggo was fired.  Let's face it.  Relic's mod support has been disastrous, but she kept me going.

I just don't know what to do anymore, and I've been dreading posting this message...

In all honesty, I sometimes wish I could find a worthy successor to program everything needed so I could make a clean break.  Most of you probably have no idea what it's like to feel constant pressure on you; honestly, that's what it's like with being the head of EIR.  It's too much stress for something that's supposed to be fun.

So, in all actuality.  What will probably happen is nothing... We'll restart the war when this one ends and the player base will dip even more.  Hopefully those that have built a community of friends here will stay, if not, I understand as well.

Sooner or later, an itching will arrive and we'll hit the grindstone hard and heavy and 2.0 will appear one day.  I think any of you who have followed mods that have been out for a long time know that programmers have turn over and periods of 'ugh, I'm sick of this shit'.  Some of the mods die, some of them stay around, only a minor heartbeat from a once thriving player base.  Eventually, new programmers come around, or the old team gets the itch again and it picks up again....

I want to thank all of you for your support.  It's meant the world to me, seriously.  If any of you really have a desire to see 2.0, learn PHP, learn C (for launcher), learn SCAR and/or RGD editing and let me know.  That said, as of now, Ucross and I are still the leaders of EIR.  We still love it, but obviously my passion is lacking right now (and I'm not sure where he's at, maybe its high and he's pissed at me).

Either way, I'm in Dallas, posting from a hotel where I'm staying while I'm here from work.  Maybe just maybe, things will change, maybe they won't... 

What if on June 6, Relic Community Day they announce COH 2 and not another COH expansion?  What if they don't announce either?  I'm proud that we made it this far.

All I have to say is, Way to fucking make a bunch of promises then completely leave people hanging. The part about family problems is understandable... but now your just saying "ah fuck it cause I don't feel like it anymore"... i mean come on man seriously... you promise people that 2.0 will be out by time this war ends... so the war goes on and on and on and now you just give up...

Can't say I am not surprised however... saw this coming weeks ago when there was no more information posted about it. Please... your passing the blame for your quitting to someone else... all because buggo was fired... boofrickinhoo... get over it... your using this as an excuse because you simply got lazy... finally figured out you bit off more than you could chew with 2.0 (like everyone has been saying for how long now?) and now your *easy way out* is to just give up.

Quit telling people strings of lies... such as, "well maybe coh 2 will come out", "buggo getting fired caused this"... its clear you have no intention of finishing this... so just tell it like it is and leave it at that. Either tell the truth or don't say a damned thing about it.

I am totally unimpressed...

Finish what you started... or don't finish it at all and END IT HERE AND NOW.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:05:07 am by pickles » Logged
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2008, 12:05:27 am »

@pickles

He doesn't have to, no one is paying him to make develop this mod. Promises mean nothing if all that backs them up is words (which can be taken back because there is nothing backing them up either). He is not obligated to develop this mod because the only thing that has ever kept him on working on this mod was his good will.

The man took a hit, and couldn't keep up with providing you free services. That gives you the right to be upset, but it doesn't give you the right to mock him especially considering how far he has gotten.

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 12:18:30 am »

I'd gladly pay a sub fee if it would keep things going.

demoner Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2008, 12:28:39 am »

Who IS pickles exactly >_> ?
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 12:30:18 am »

see, even the new guy is angry!
Lord Malgoroth Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 12:32:24 am »

Well this is sad. I just found this mod not even a month ago and love it to death. It's CoH minus like... 80% of the BS.

It's a real bummer to see it struggling for life like this Undecided

I certainly hope the torch gets passed along. There's too much here to like to see it end Sad

BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 12:48:22 am »

well if 2.0 aint gonna come out for the forseeable future can ucross start balancing again and can the territory tickets be reset so some of us can have our last war.
tbh if this is it, well why not make the last war something for people to come back for like you start with   100cp and 100Rb and there is no limit to docterine abilitys?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:04:50 am by BradAnderson » Logged
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 01:33:06 am »

All I have to say is, Way to fucking make a bunch of promises then completely leave people hanging. The part about family problems is understandable... but now your just saying "ah fuck it cause I don't feel like it anymore"... i mean come on man seriously... you promise people that 2.0 will be out by time this war ends... so the war goes on and on and on and now you just give up...

Can't say I am not surprised however... saw this coming weeks ago when there was no more information posted about it. Please... your passing the blame for your quitting to someone else... all because buggo was fired... boofrickinhoo... get over it... your using this as an excuse because you simply got lazy... finally figured out you bit off more than you could chew with 2.0 (like everyone has been saying for how long now?) and now your *easy way out* is to just give up.

Quit telling people strings of lies... such as, "well maybe coh 2 will come out", "buggo getting fired caused this"... its clear you have no intention of finishing this... so just tell it like it is and leave it at that. Either tell the truth or don't say a damned thing about it.

I am totally unimpressed...

Finish what you started... or don't finish it at all and END IT HERE AND NOW.

Holy shit, shut the fuck up newfag! I don't see you asking to lend a hand with coding or any thing like that. Do you have any idea how much time, energy, and creativity it takes to get a mod going? Unless this is some kind of tough love style post, you need to get your head out of your ass. First off you obviously have no clue how much it means getting support from the makers when modding (aka buggo) getting direct support is a god send. Makes things happen much quicker, and with no direct connection to Relic I can understand why fl became discouraged. It is like cooking something, then half way through someone takes the cookbook from you. Keep in mind I'm pretty sure fl is paying for the ventrillo server, any tools he needed for the launcher, and the website.

Nothing is more annoying then having some fuck tard who hasn't even invested more then 5 minutes in posting in the community forum come out and make a post like that, show some god damned respect because you haven't put an ounce of sweat into making the mod.

Sorry for the anger, but coming from multiple mod communities, and being a modder myself, I took pickles post quite personal.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 02:27:25 am »

riki, take a look at fldash's post here

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,5021.msg85157.html#msg85157

and then apologize to pickles, imo.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:30:13 am by jackmccrack » Logged
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:06 am »

I guess then its done we are pretty much finished here save a few last Hurrahs?

Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:17 am »

Ok, pickles is right, we're sorry. We have to man up.

The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.

Obviously we're pussies because we don't feel like doing stuff that we no longer enjoy and that has become a burden instead of fun like it was a year ago. Right?

Fucking Wrong.

Go fuck yourself. We are not accountable to you. We did not make any "promises". This is a mod we did for fun and we'll only do it as far as it's fun, which right now it's not. If we ever do come back to it, it'll be because we feel like it, not because we "owe" anything to the community. You didn't play this for us, you played it because it was fun, or because you felt like we had a good idea. We did too. We took it as far as we could, we invested a huge amount of time into it (FL- obviously more than me). Now we need a rest. A long vacation. So we're gonna take it.

If we ever feel like working on it, we will. If not, we wont. The future is a mystery.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:48:48 am by Phil » Logged
Ucross Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 08:37:43 am »

<3 Phil. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc