Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:40:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New War laughs  (Read 5930 times)
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 21, 2008, 01:44:04 pm »

My favorite part of the new war is how awkward it feels setting up an AB company, infantry with no rangers, blitz with no stuh or tiger and so on.

But I love playing battles with base units and no vet!

Also did the war start off with axis attacking? I figure the allies would start off attacking (d-day and all)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:46:50 pm by [AB]RikiRude » Logged

My available companies:
Allies:
*AB company going for raid assault
  Infantry going for tank reapers
Axis:
*Defensive going for rocket artillery
  Blitz going for lightning war
  And an experimental Terror company going for subversion consisting of all volks and two King Tigers
DBSights Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm also laughing at the new war....
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:28:24 pm »

man i really hate the start of wars all you get is fucking support team spam. Angry
Haroquen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:33:20 pm »

Also did the war start off with axis attacking? I figure the allies would start off attacking (d-day and all)

We're playing as france.

I hate. <3
Phil Offline
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phil's fkin batman!
Phil also owns the moon.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:41:39 pm »

Bleh, I knew I forgot something. Yeah I didn't switch the attacker.. oh well =)
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:04:19 pm »

Bleh, I knew I forgot something. Yeah I didn't switch the attacker.. oh well =)
wtf phil you should have taken a vacation! now piss off and rest!!!!! sooner you get vacation sooner you happy again! Wink
salan
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 03:29:23 pm »

I made a repair bunker, and put my Pioneers in it waiting for a tank..

then I realized it was in fact a MG bunker and not a repair bunker.. err
wraith547EIR Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 03:34:12 pm »

Granted I have only played 2 battles, but my favorite so far would have to be this last game.

I was playing as Axis and my teammates Panther was in dire straights at under 25% health and being pursued by two Shermans, on upgunned.

I had him back it right into my fresh, full health panther and proceeded to chase down and lay waste to both of them.
Grimsoul Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 03:44:31 pm »

And what happened after that? Wink

Come to the darkside, we have cookies
Zyxzy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 06:03:54 pm »

I'm just trying to register. I don't have to be the same doctrine as last war, do I?

And I'm so going to enjoy not facing vet 3 rangers & resource bonused company with a no vet company.
wraith547EIR Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 06:11:33 pm »

And what happened after that? Wink

We were owned with mad easy, but it was totally worth it.
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 08:23:50 pm »

I made a repair bunker, and put my Pioneers in it waiting for a tank..

then I realized it was in fact a MG bunker and not a repair bunker.. err

lol!
lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 11:32:17 pm »

I played against what had to be either the luckiest damn allies in the game or mind-reading human-robot hybrids! Thsi was on AmPm's industrial snow map. Axis are attacking. I'm axis.

I swear, I was marching my first spawn as the game started (3 mins in, us axis were attacking). Two snipers, a AT gun, a HMG and a grenadier squad with two shreks. It's an odd start but would have worked, had not...

...the enemy suddenly popped out of FLIPPING NOWHERE from all directions, ahead, behind, left, right, above (maybe even below!)!!! A sherman suddenly came up on my right flank and the AT gun turned. Suddenly, some AT shot from hell rained in (from nowhere, apparently) and shot the AT gun, with another SUPER FLIPPING LUCKY motar shell laying waste to the rest of the gun. The grenadiers and HMG went north to get a good firing position on the sherman...when, suddenly, another motor with perfect accuracy kills the HMG squad and a sniper takes out 1 of 4 of my grenadiers. An HMG from NOWHERE suddenly pops up in the house I was gunning for to get position and kills more grenadiers. Suddenly, 4 squads of flippin riflemen swarm in on my lone nadier.

My snipers are also cornered. Rewind to when my AT gun was alive; Another HMG from nowhere (again) nailed 1 instantly, then the other cloaked. As he ran for safety (to the left/west, for some stupid reason I can't remember i went through with) is suddenly found by another sherman w/ jeep, the sherman with a flail. More motors and crazy amounts of ammunition blow him to bits.

This all happens in the span of 5 seconds. Next I bring up an ostwind and more infantry. Ostwind gets hit by some random motor (nothing bad), and I hold him back so my inf. can kill the AT. Suddenly, retreating infantry from the enemy who are retreating from one of my allies run into me (this is at the train depot). One has a recoiless rifle or something and hits my ostwind. They happen to make mincemeat of my soldiers too, and then antoher 2 at rounds (from hell) blow up my ostwind without it having fired a single shot.

BUT WAIT! I still have SOME hope, right? OK, not much hope considering the next few minutes involve my team losing a ton of forces at minimal loss to the enemy. So here comes the STUG/Panzer/Inf. charge to the right...and a nebel teamkills some of our own forces. Suddenly, a HMG pins our only two shrek squads (they're both at around half hp already so eh...). A croc rolls in, and our stug has rolled in right behind it. ALRIGHT, A PANZER CAN KILL A CROC, RIGHT...? Apparently not, as it proceeds to fire directly into a mass of troops and kills just about everyone (and vets up). By this time I'm shooting the croc and the stug is being stupid and continuing into the enemy's territory...where it somehow made to be stuck on teh corner of a house and it then taken out by an AT gun (from hell). My panzer moves up to engage the enemy. A teammate's nebel is firing on the croc...

...but wait! Due to shitty accuracy, those nebels blow the shit out of my own troops (and don't kill the croc). Inf. spam from teh enemy kills our nebels (but is fought off). Panzer gets stuck (I don't even wanna know how) at a corner with around 10 more soldiers left to guard it, and it taken out by 2 shermans and an m10.

W/e. That was my worst game. Ever. lolz.

http://bd1.battledawn.com/referx.php?serv=5&ref=1449
^ The best time waster...EVAR!!!!
 _ - + _ Lompoc Certified  _ + - _
jfmaveric Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:25 am »

lmao Grin lompocus you have got to post that replay, it sounds insane.
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 01:13:07 am »

that wasn't the game with me was it?

you should post the replay if you have it either way it sounds intense.
lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 06:46:41 pm »

How do i get the replay?

I'll post it up if I still got it.
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 02:40:53 am »

If you didnt save it, and you haven't played a game since then, it will be called temp in your playback folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc