Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:55:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be a cliquey high school girl.  (Read 18122 times)
Noodles Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »

and lose 10% vet for no reason? no thanks.

You know, your vet won't matter at all when the war ends.  Besides, I lost 1600xp the other day, suck it up and get out there  Grin
LekyIRL Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 04:44:18 pm »

So far this afternoon i've won 3 3v3 games, a 4v4 and a 2v2 - I've prolly got time for 2 more games (if any axis will play us) and we'll get real close to turning the war - Watch this fancy trick now where I log off and wake up tommorow morning to find "Our Defenses Have Just Failed!"

The American's are costing us the offensive! Cheesy

On a more serious note:

If people want to play with their friends,let them. The game is 2x more enjoyable playing with friends. If you think they are "stacking" don't join the game!

I avoid games against people I consider brillant at this game not because I don't want to lose vet(I play about 1 game a week,so I don't have a lot of vet in the first place) but because I don't want to be completly mauled and my team mates to go "He's a noob,lets not play with him again."

Last war,of the 10 games I played I lost at least 7. That's awful but I didn't really care,I was just happy to get a game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:48:50 pm by LekyIRL » Logged
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 07:21:30 pm »

Honestly. Start playing with your fellow noobs. If you dont want to too loose your Vet'd account, create a new company on the same account, so u get the bonus's from your CP and RB. Do tactics you always wanted to try and that you've seen work with others. Maybe it works with you. The more you test, the better company u can set up for your vetted one. If you see mistakes from your ally. Dont Spaz. Finish the game, direct him to the Strat / Tactic forum, or help him yourself. We were all noobs at one point.

too bad images are disallowed Sad
Super887 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 08:46:11 pm »

Additionally, at the rate we're losing territories, playing with newbies and potentially generating more losses isn't really that desirable.   All the goddamn newbies need to play other newbs, cause as many wins as me, forceman, mountainman, dboz and 12 get and we still can't stay on the offensive for longer than a day, and now its so bad we're not even getting there.

But I can't find any newbs to play with.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 08:50:51 pm »

Additionally, at the rate we're losing territories, playing with newbies and potentially generating more losses isn't really that desirable.   All the goddamn newbies need to play other newbs, cause as many wins as me, forceman, mountainman, dboz and 12 get and we still can't stay on the offensive for longer than a day, and now its so bad we're not even getting there.

But I can't find any newbs to play with.

Start a thread with a list of new players who are looking for other new players, there are tons of new players around who i'm sure would love an easier way to find a game that won't get them totally stomped

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 09:12:38 pm »

Sounds like a good idea Gamer. If it wasn't so difficult to find a game in the first place, i dont think there would be any noob bashing going on, But since it is so difficult to first, find a game, and impossible to find a balanced one, we have problems.

But then again, i guess me must suffer a bit, teach the noobs, and let them learn and become mediocre at the least, so that we have more player able to do something.
Greater Evil Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 09:16:35 pm »

That would be a good idea. Just today i joined in the first 2v2 i saw open it had 2 allies in it and 1 axis. The axis turned out to be Apex and the allies were newbies.

As they game started up i told them right off the bat that they should not take the game two seriously because they would most likely get malled. And they admitted that they were new to the game and mod. Now yes Axis definitely won that game with like 30 some casualties. Was it a fun game? Hell No... i felt so guilty by the end of the game i did not know what to do. Did the new allies get really pissed off at all the vet? Hell yeah. (To be fair i have vet 1-2 army with just about everything at that level. I only have 1 vet 3 unit.) Even so my units ripped the allies up. And Apex's storm troopers had a field day.

So really 2 things would be nice.
1) To have a list of new / old players.
2) To not enjoy stomping noobs so much.
3) Maybe revamp Ants or to give a win or vet percentage next to your name, that way people have some idea of what they are getting into.

P.S. I am always available for a friendly game to help new people figure things out. And yes i will use a brand new, un-vetted company for such things. This goes for allies or axis. And no i really don't enjoy unbalanced games.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:19:18 pm by Greater Evil » Logged
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 02:07:08 am »

Boss-Boys;
fldash      - did pretty much evrything
Forefall    -being awesome
Ucross    - balance
Phil        - Laucher

Former DevTeam, Mods;

Unkn0wn
Apex
naradaman
Lai

a nvm, just check this out;
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0
and this porpatly
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0

BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 04:31:28 am »

Boss-Boys;
fldash      - did pretty much evrything
Forefall    -being awesome
Ucross    - balance
Phil        - Laucher

Former DevTeam, Mods;

Unkn0wn
Apex
naradaman
Lai

a nvm, just check this out;
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0
and this porpatly
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0
just because you have been in the community for a long time dosnt mean your an insanly good player! if ur playing against ampm if hes allies chances are you will roll him... and yes ampm no gloating about winning a game through capping on RTC!!!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 04:52:10 am »

Getting outcapped on RTC? Rofl. Probably the least likely map to succesfully outcap anyone on.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 10:45:38 am »

Getting outcapped on RTC? Rofl. Probably the least likely map to succesfully outcap anyone on.
tell me about it  Roll Eyes
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 10:51:04 am »

Chefarzt is a Top axis player? 0.0 

Btt:
Winning with your friends won't advance your faction, as noobs will lose in that time.
Playing with noobs on the other side will advance it, while you may lose, as this noobs may improve, and they WILL lose, no matter wether with you or someone else.
Give people a chance, if you ask them for vent and they actaully download it they can't be this bad.

Hey, it's not going to happen
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 11:02:10 am »

meh
we have fun playing together and get lots of games - i see no reason to change

my group occupies 4 of the top 5 allied slots both for wins and games played
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 11:40:17 am »

No one is offending you.
What I have a problem with is not wanting to help new players into the game and then yell weaker allies get out (well, you get the point)
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 01:14:06 am »

No one is offending you.
What I have a problem with is not wanting to help new players into the game and then yell weaker allies get out (well, you get the point)
i tried playing with a noob's a few times in a 1v1 one had a brand new company and the other was evil smurfing... basically i played shit with the noob and he whined the whole game like omg ur grens in green cover beat my  negative cover riflemen those are OP and thats i got all game if i wanted 2 listen to that shit regularly i would help play with noobs but untill then i refuse, another point would be that if the player cant get on vent even when you give him the D load link and all the instructions and host names and passwords etc and says i'm new i dont know how u are liek WTF WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE???
[AB]RikiRude Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 04:02:05 am »

I do think it's funny that certain people took offense to the original post out of what i can only call a guilty conscious, because i didn't name names.

Either way, how about instead of stacking a team, you have both teams grab a new player. because i learn the most when i play with two or three other good players. plus, where in a 2v2 if one player isn't too great, you are fucked, but in a 3v3 or 4v4 it's easier to pick up someones slack, plus you have more people to lend out advice. like today, i played a game with che, i had a noob on my team and che had one as well, the game seemed pretty even, though my team won, which, i truly think it was from the freak m10 OoC that killed it in the first 2 minutes it was out. but either way, if people took the time to play 1 out of 5 or 10 games, or one games every other day to play with a new player, you would have people learning the mod faster.

My available companies:
Allies:
*AB company going for raid assault
  Infantry going for tank reapers
Axis:
*Defensive going for rocket artillery
  Blitz going for lightning war
  And an experimental Terror company going for subversion consisting of all volks and two King Tigers
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17:23 am »

I do think it's funny that certain people took offense to the original post out of what i can only call a guilty conscious, because i didn't name names.

Either way, how about instead of stacking a team, you have both teams grab a new player. because i learn the most when i play with two or three other good players. plus, where in a 2v2 if one player isn't too great, you are fucked, but in a 3v3 or 4v4 it's easier to pick up someones slack, plus you have more people to lend out advice. like today, i played a game with che, i had a noob on my team and che had one as well, the game seemed pretty even, though my team won, which, i truly think it was from the freak m10 OoC that killed it in the first 2 minutes it was out. but either way, if people took the time to play 1 out of 5 or 10 games, or one games every other day to play with a new player, you would have people learning the mod faster.

I took offense to your post because every game I play gets accused of being stacked, and because the guys I play with are the largest group of good allied players left in the mod.

but gee, who were you talking about ricky
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 09:21:32 am »

I took offense to your post because every game I play gets accused of being stacked, and because the guys I play with are the largest group of good allied players left in the mod.
Maybe that's why you are accused of stacking games, but mainly it depends on who the opponents are.
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 09:25:17 am »

Maybe that's why you are accused of stacking games, but mainly it depends on who the opponents are.

it sure gets old saying this

put together a 3v3 or 4v4 axis team and we'll fight it, just like I continue to tell everyone -  My tank reapers and Forcemans vet3 AB elite blob and mountain's raid assault and DBoz's onboard mechanics will be happy to meet you

or shut up
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 09:25:18 am »

so he dosnt choose his opponents but chooses his teamt thats not stacking!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc