Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 11:16:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Veterncy Experience should be a starting resource  (Read 15894 times)
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 03:23:58 pm »

Well if the vet is the problem then fix the vet, not this idea.

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 03:24:43 pm »

I've dealt with vet3 Raid AB before, the best thing you can do is bring a company that fights with attrition. Your high cost per squad grens and KCH might lose where a swarm of Volks will win. Some companies do better than others vs different types of opponents.

509th Airborne
Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2008, 03:28:44 pm »

Except that if vet gives you access to more upgrades, it directly increases your combat ability...

Agreed, but a form of combat ability that can be nullified with strategic ability. For instance I know that rifles might have stickies. Because of this I must keep my tanks at a fair distance of rifles = I've just nullified an enemy advantage using skill.

But if the same rifles have vet, giving them + 20% hp (I don't know the actual bonuses for rifles) is something that you cannot avoid or nullify. You just have to hit em 20% more times = Vet that decreases the need for micro and can only be countered by using more force, not skill or micro

I agree that increasing the bonus gained from cover etc. would also be interesting
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:34:28 pm by Eternal » Logged
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2008, 03:36:05 pm »

A while back I was pushing to have infantry speeds reduced, but give them a sprint toggle that lowers their accuracy and range.

That would have been fun.
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2008, 04:37:51 pm »

My post about work earlier is basically summarized by what Bodybag wrote.  This is a game, your right, its not work.  You do however have to work at being good at it.  It is not something you just pick up from the start and are automatcially good, it takes time and effort to get better (just as with anything in life) so Im sorry but I DONT expect a brand new n00b off the street to come in and be excellent at it, or get shit for free. Work for it, just like the rest of us have had to do.

That said, I dont think that a n00b is automatically going to lose either, its all about how you play, how you move your men/support weapons, AND it depends on what teammates you pick too.
novox6 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2008, 05:25:08 pm »

My post about work earlier is basically summarized by what Bodybag wrote.  This is a game, your right, its not work.  You do however have to work at being good at it.  It is not something you just pick up from the start and are automatcially good, it takes time and effort to get better (just as with anything in life) so Im sorry but I DONT expect a brand new n00b off the street to come in and be excellent at it, or get shit for free. Work for it, just like the rest of us have had to do.

That said, I dont think that a n00b is automatically going to lose either, its all about how you play, how you move your men/support weapons, AND it depends on what teammates you pick too.

sounds resonable but you didnt put Vet into account. You can do the exact same thing and increase the enjoyment of the game by lowering the affects on vet.

But as AmPm, i believe, said. We should better vet upgrades. The extra life, unsupressable is a bit much.
Sure dodge %, accuracy would work very well. I also dont believe there should be large % on damage delt. Max should be 15% bonus damage.
And i stand by removing retreat buffs.

People will start babying vet, but they will also be punished for it greatly. Giving you huge advantages. How are you going to get through their defenses when ur afraid of loosing your units? Mortar? pf arti it or just rush a croc.

but it will stop stupid people rushing in taking out a target behind the lines and then not thinking about path of retreat. Most people dont. But this is another topic.
GamerAndyAlly Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2008, 05:50:21 pm »

Vet is fine..... I've played both sides, they're all powerful on some counts and not so great on others.

As far as fresh armies vs vet ones - obviously vet ones are better, but it is very very very very very very possible for a good player to beat a vet army.

So theres no more confusion:
http://wiki.onlinegamers.org/index.php?title=Cry_more_noob%3F

If necessary, I can also provide links a useful definition of Sarcasm
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 06:56:06 pm »

My opinion is that vet plays a big factor in eir as it is.
I've been playing around with smg rangers and they are nasty.
Basically they can rip apart all axis infantry on equal odds, of course cover and accuracy is a factor.

I always felt that getting veterancy is really easy, and its faster for allies.

Vet must be significant, vet must be worked for.
Its like a war, how come you expect your troops to get better without any action ? And some companies will see more than others.

But you guys miss one point. Everything in eir is connected.
Vet is connected to who you play with and against. And that leads to having a fair system that allows people to play with people of similar skill.
You guys want a better veterancy system when theres no system of getting fair games.

You cant remedy one inequality and allowing several others to exist, especially when theyre co-dependent.

I agree with those that want to raise the xp to reach a lvl, i think vet is really easy to get as it is.

But the end game of the mod cant be vet, this isnt a mmorpg to grind lvls.
Its to win the war.
The idea of fighting for territories in that sexy map on a persistent war was what got me in here.

So for me its more like this : Fair system to get games, vet (build company), end game.
Novox Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2008, 01:06:40 am »

My opinion is that vet plays a big factor in eir as it is.
I've been playing around with smg rangers and they are nasty.
Basically they can rip apart all axis infantry on equal odds, of course cover and accuracy is a factor.

I always felt that getting veterancy is really easy, and its faster for allies.

Vet must be significant, vet must be worked for.
Its like a war, how come you expect your troops to get better without any action ? And some companies will see more than others.

But you guys miss one point. Everything in eir is connected.
Vet is connected to who you play with and against. And that leads to having a fair system that allows people to play with people of similar skill.
You guys want a better veterancy system when theres no system of getting fair games.

You cant remedy one inequality and allowing several others to exist, especially when theyre co-dependent.

I agree with those that want to raise the xp to reach a lvl, i think vet is really easy to get as it is.

But the end game of the mod cant be vet, this isnt a mmorpg to grind lvls.
Its to win the war.
The idea of fighting for territories in that sexy map on a persistent war was what got me in here.

So for me its more like this : Fair system to get games, vet (build company), end game.

Yes. True and well said. But how are we going to get a fair matching system? with such a small community. And the new players just get bashed, making them leave, unless they themselves are persistent.

With that said, I believe Doctorine choices play a much greater role then Vet, and vet plays a small role and only has serious affects on elite infantry. If you make a company full of 62 volks. You can throw 5 squads of volks at that 1 smg ranger and force it off field, but loosing about every one of your volks, and u still get more then its worth. A good company will force out a vet company. Thing is that, the pro's with vet and a good company setup go against noobs with no vet and nearly no knowledge of the game. Which greats a difficult game for the noobs, and an annoying game.

We need this community to grow. Let the noobs play the noobs. Or at the very least, pick a company that you always wanted to try. Something new. And join their game to have fun. Sure you might beat them with your greater knowledge. But at least thats why you won.

too bad images are disallowed Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc