Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:23:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo love/hate  (Read 13216 times)
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 11:28:30 am »

I further believe that no 2 vistas are the same. I don't have a super computer and I run vista and things are nice, plus Vista is fun to say!

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
Days of War Offline
Official Axis Propoganda Minister
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 11:40:49 am »

There is nothing wrong with Vista at all the computer needs 2.5x the RAM it does to run Vista than XP. Its not really meant for home usage its more of a business security type computer.

I didnt' say anything was wrong with it, just the fact that I don't want it.

I used ME for years until XP got better (and was forced due to most stuff not being able to run on ME/2000), I can do the same with XP.

I"m just not thrilled with Vista, it's just another Microsoft Money grab.

Welcome to capitalism.

Tym
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 11:42:33 am »

well yeah.
There is nothing wrong with Vista at all the computer needs 2.5x the RAM it does to run Vista than XP. Its not really meant for home usage its more of a business security type computer.

I didnt' say anything was wrong with it, just the fact that I don't want it.

I used ME for years until XP got better (and was forced due to most stuff not being able to run on ME/2000), I can do the same with XP.

I"m just not thrilled with Vista, it's just another Microsoft Money grab.

Welcome to capitalism.

Well yeah...but Microsoft is one of the worst. They keep releasing crappy products and then release tons of patches and it takes years before we even get a (or close to) quality product. I can't stand anything that Microsoft makes from their games, to their system to windows. If everything that I love about PC's wasn't on Windows I wouldn't touch it but since I HAVE to in order to enjoy the things I love I'll deal with it.
PrydainII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 12:28:45 pm »

'hey lets make a game with gfx that dont run smooth on any pc in existence n just forget the story completely'
My dad got me this computer as a 'leaving home' present, I am no computer bod and don't know a lot about PC specifications but this runs fine with Crysis turned up fullwack, no loss of FPS from what I can see.

Sepsis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 12:40:54 pm »

I heard that at its release not even the very best PC of the time could run it on max settings with good framerate, maybe things have changed i dont know. Still wouldn't buy a game for graphics alone.
Tym
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 12:50:44 pm »

Yeah things have changed, I'm sure I could run Crysis at max, I already ran the demo at max. I dont even think there were many dual processors out at the time right?
RikiRude5 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 02:31:32 pm »

I never bought Crysis, just played the demo, I knew the whole story and stuff wasn't for me, but the graphics are gorgeous and it was innovative with how destructible the environment was and the real time sky and all those other goodies.

Now as far as Time Splitters being a horrible game, you provided no evidence what so ever as to why you said it was horrible. Was it the unrealistic story line, because obviously Halo is way more realistic with space marines and aliens right? Maybe it's the cartoonyness that Time Splitters has, which I could understand, but you'd have to hate TF2 as well in that case. As far as multiplayer goes, Time Splitters 2 had story mode co-op. You had 4 player split screen, and you could also play with people online for 16 player support. That right there puts it on par with Halo. But you know what else it had? It had challenges that were extremely fun, can you get the platinum?! Also TS2 had bots which were fun, it also had loads of game modes. Also TS2 had a cast of over 100 characters, so each of your friends could have a character only they played. Oh, it also had a map maker. And dual wield weapons, in fact I'm pretty sure it had more weapons then Halo did. And last but not least, what else made TS2 so good? It was made by a lot of the same people that did Golden Eye 64!

"Let me open with a magic trick, I'll make this pencil disappear!" - The Joker

*if anyone knows the exact quote please tell me =)
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 02:48:05 pm »

I played straight throw crysis and it was very very enjoyable. A GG, but -besides Graphics- no Revoulution.

Sepsis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:04 pm »

I dont need to provide evidence its just my opinion, i thought the whole game sucked, stoyline, graphics and especially the gameplay. For a console fps Halo feels good to play which is really surprising since most of them suck hard. Timesplitters has that feeling where you either aim too far or too short and the whole control scheme is just a pain in the ass.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 02:57:36 pm »

I ran crysis at high settings iirc and never had a problem once. My PC is hardly a beast either, think i built it for about 600 quid 1 year ago. The story line was also pretty good until you got to the boat at the end, then it just went super gay.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 09:14:14 am »

ok i haven't read the whole thread but - halo: Halo is just a generic shooter that was somehow hyped into the form of a god, a lot of really gullible people now worship it, and say that no game will ever as good as it was and if one is they will just say it is coping Halo.

TBH, it is still beyond me how they managed to hype halo so much... there was some serious marketing skills involved there, no other company has been able to put out mediocre game and portray it as godlike successfully as far as i can remember, so i do have some respect for those marketing guys!   
Tym
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 10:05:22 am »

Ryu. It's Microsoft. Look how they're doing Halo Wars, which looks like crap to me, it's a 360 exclusive freakin RTS c'mon, are they kidding me? and omg, there's so much stuff "borrowed" from command and conquer it's ridiculous, even some of the voices sound liek the original c&c.

But as for just regular Halo. It got hyped because you were able to do co-op like someone said above. A lot of FPS's on consoles hadn't really done that well, but Halo did a really good job of it. also it was a really good looking game with exotic weapons, weird bad guys and an engaging story. I'm not saying it's perfect nor that it's great but it's good but it's still an FPS on a console and, well it's microsoft, they know how to sell you crap in a bucket for $50.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc