Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:48:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Gaming!!!!  (Read 18505 times)
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 08:54:00 am »

eye, but with stealth gen you can camo the bikes too, so shove a few terroists on some bikes then use the GPS scambler (or W/e) on then and you have stealthed Demo bikes Smiley.
MasonDon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 09:01:21 am »

Meh. Talk to me after you've faced my super raptors, bitch.

Or my chinese mammoth tanks w/bunker upgrade. Mammoth w/ at or ai squad in bunker= epic.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:03:45 am by MasonDon » Logged

89th Armor Division Commander
"Never fight with an Idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience."
Newb Company Setup Guide
Official Stupid Picture poster
Draygon Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 09:39:18 am »

Anyone else play C&C Renegade?
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 10:21:25 am »

Renegade not so much, but I do want to try that full exp mod for RA.  Free download on fileplanet.

I will hide this........giant gun.

Pak-38 commander when going into cloak
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 12:13:15 pm »

Fudge you Skunker. Yes the original C&C's were awsome but Generals is a fucking awsome game. Get your head out of your ass if you can't appreciate it. Just because it's not like the others didn't make it bad at all. Hell I thought that storyline was far better than the cheesy one from the Tiberium universe.

Uh generals was and continues to be a steaming pile of shit that I played quite frequently and was fairly good at. It's a fine game, but I don't appreciate the rape of the command and conquer title - honestly, i would have appreciated if EA had taken their head out of their ass and called it something different entirely, because that's what it is.  It's not at all a command and conquer game.

For many though, generals was their first CnC experience, which is like the multitude of people playing CoH and having their first RTS experience and then claiming that it is the most original and creative RTS out there....which is hardly the truth.

Just like generals isn't a cnc game.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:15:23 pm by Skunker » Logged

|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 01:49:20 pm »

at least there wasn't some Russian guy mind controlling high ranking military officials.
Skunker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 03:33:23 pm »

at least there wasn't some Russian guy mind controlling high ranking military officials.

Pf, red alert 2 was mostly an EA production, which explains the retardation of the story line. At least in its core mechanics it was still a command and conquer game, but I didn't like RA2 much either.

The best of CnC:

TD (CnC 95) and Gold
Red Alert + Expansions
Tiberian Sun + Firestorm
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:35:29 pm by Skunker » Logged
Tym
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 03:36:38 pm »

RA2 was mostly a Westwood Pacific production, FMV's directed by Joe Kucan, music by Frank Klepecki and storyline written by Joe Bostic. :p
Tym
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 03:40:39 pm »

Fudge you Skunker. Yes the original C&C's were awsome but Generals is a fucking awsome game. Get your head out of your ass if you can't appreciate it. Just because it's not like the others didn't make it bad at all. Hell I thought that storyline was far better than the cheesy one from the Tiberium universe.

Uh generals was and continues to be a steaming pile of shit that I played quite frequently and was fairly good at. It's a fine game, but I don't appreciate the rape of the command and conquer title - honestly, i would have appreciated if EA had taken their head out of their ass and called it something different entirely, because that's what it is.  It's not at all a command and conquer game.

For many though, generals was their first CnC experience, which is like the multitude of people playing CoH and having their first RTS experience and then claiming that it is the most original and creative RTS out there....which is hardly the truth.

Just like generals isn't a cnc game.

See you don't know your history. Generals is an original Westwood idea, cooked up by some of the original creators. They'd been wanting to make a game like Generals since they made Red Alert and it had been designed before EA even bought Westwood. The first game that didn't have a westwood touch on it was Tiberium Wars and we saw how that turned out lol. But anyway. I think that trying to make c&c games more console friendly is screwing the franchise and not the develoers themselves.

You couldn't do generals on a console, too complex but they made it so u can work out Tw/KW/ra3 on consoles and i wish they'd get away from that. It's all revenue.
Dr.Nick2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 05:16:49 pm »

See you don't know your history. Generals is an original Westwood idea, cooked up by some of the original creators. They'd been wanting to make a game like Generals since they made Red Alert and it had been designed before EA even bought Westwood. The first game that didn't have a westwood touch on it was Tiberium Wars and we saw how that turned out lol. But anyway. I think that trying to make c&c games more console friendly is screwing the franchise and not the develoers themselves.

You couldn't do generals on a console, too complex but they made it so u can work out Tw/KW/ra3 on consoles and i wish they'd get away from that. It's all revenue.

QFT

And it may not have followed a similiar storyline like C&C but it certainly had more of a C&C feel to it than those CC3 and RA3 will be. The only thing really different about it was they used a new physics engine (which was awsome) and a different build system (which was awsome as well). I in no way see how it is a bad game. I grew up playing the first RA and I loved this game and it reminded me alot of the the old ones.
Tym
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

I was a huge Zero Hour player. I played it nearly everyday. I love C&C games, been to EALA (Ra3 summit) a newsposter on a website and frequent poster on the official forums lol. there's not much about C&c games i dont know Smiley.

I can't wait for Generals 2, it's all but confirmed, hinted but not totally confirmed.
Dr.Nick2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 05:48:07 pm »

Zero hour was awsome heh, how can you go wrong with laser tanks?
Skunker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »

Oh RA3, now there's something disgusting.
Dr.Nick2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 05:54:14 pm »

I was so hyped for C&C 3 but I bought it when it came out, installed it, played it, uninstalled it and havn't touched it since.
Skunker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 05:59:32 pm »

I was so hyped for C&C 3 but I bought it when it came out, installed it, played it, uninstalled it and havn't touched it since.

I never bought it, I was saddened while playing the demo.
GammaCommander Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 09:11:05 pm »

Generals was alright, and I believe the C&C part of the title was a mistake. So it wasn't really suppose to be a C&C game but most likely a one shot title for them to work with new technology and ideas. I suppose if it sold really well, they might make a sequal. As for the new C&C games, I'm not going to even bother with them.

AirborneCommander - Blank
DeltaCommander - Blank
ThetaCommander - Axis Defensive
GammaCommander - Allied Armor

http://snarkersville.myminicity.com/tra

http://snarkersville.myminicity.comhttp://snarkersville.myminicity.com/ind
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26:59 pm »

Original Ground Control. Sweet multi.

I have Populous the Beginning, but it's not that good for multi imo.
Dungeon keeper owns but again multi isn't amazing.

Myth is a great game, shame they totally fucked it over come part III.
Battlezone II is another great game, wish they would update it and improve were needed, great concept.

Would definately be up for trying fallout tactics online, but you need to set ground rules for a good fight imo.
I would suggest individual turns, 2000 points characters (and that's it, no need to limit gear when points are low) used to have a lot of fun with this, but it's riddled with bugs that can destroy multi (desyncs, even on LAN).

Worms armageddon is a better version imo, still got it installed. It's fun for a few days then you need something more.

I have that entire list (except tribes two) including generals +zero hour, never really got into the multi side, think I moved onto CoH rapidly.
Classic TA is nice, wish they would add the deathmatch to some other games (ala Ground controls Drop into game feature).

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 10:37:14 pm »

Ground Control Multi was kinda crap.

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 10:44:46 pm »

Obviously depends how you look at it and what you prefer.

No other RTS/tactical game allowed you to drop into a game and have a quick blast then move on.

Best moment. Luring some guys entire army into an open desert with just my scout troops and shelling him with two tactical nukes, moving in with the rest of my force and mopping the scraps up. Was just amazing to be able to look up and see those stars streaking through the sky, he obviously didn't take advantage of the free reign of view Cheesy.
Tym
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 11:08:28 pm »

Eh yeah. C&C 3 and Kane's Wrath were sore disappointments Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc