Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:43:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawn of War 2 gameplay  (Read 11508 times)
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 12:36:30 pm »

Coop through a dynamic nonlinear singleplayer campaign is all I needed to know

This is a definate buy

Shit, I'm going to buy Red Alert 3 because it has coop in an RTS... lol

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 04:33:30 pm »

DoW 2 looks sweet anyway, Tbh it is normally only Console games that get hyped beyond reason and fall short, so far no PC game has done that yet.
Dalron Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 07:27:33 pm »

Thats mainly because more people play consoles then computer and most are younger children who will buy stuff in commercials instead of looking into them. Well, thats my opinion at least ;p

But yeah, DoW2 looks pretty kick ass. Really wish they would add Nids but that won't happen :/
tiberian288 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 09:21:04 pm »

you never know cuase in DoW they added every race but the nids it would be so logical to add the nids

The war to end all wars
The END has begun

Axis- tiberian288
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 09:34:43 pm »

Didn't you see the end of the cinematic?
tiberian288 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 09:46:21 pm »

ya but i couldn't figure out what it was
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 10:05:24 pm »

Tyranid Spores, thats what it looks like when the Hive fleet arrives to consume a planet.
Dalron Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 10:17:48 pm »

Yeah it looked alot like their teraforming spores, hell I even researched a little bit and it seemed just like it lol. But it I really don't think they will add them because think about it...the races they have added right now are Space Marines, Eldar and Orks. All three of those where in the original DoW game and it seems really likely they will add chaos. And they would need a really unique online game play which I just don't think they'll do...but damn would I be happy if I was wrong lol.
Too bad they don't have Imperial Guard...IG vs Nids on Essence would be so awesome IMO.
LionelAxis
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 11:11:12 pm »

I really do hope they start adding all the races back in, though. That's what I really loved about DoW...all those races.

I will miss my IG until they are back though.

I'm guessing the "small squad" stuff is only for the campaign since "small squads with sergeants" won't work with the tyranids, will it?
slowzo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 12:28:48 am »

it can work.  They have nodes and what not.
kingterranes Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 02:38:38 am »

guys guys for fucksake its not done yet of course animations and visuals is messed
i seen toons of early game trailers and its mostly always diffrent at the end.
Thtb-Ally Offline
The German Guy on the Ally side?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:40 am »

Yep adding aliens as playable faction woud be hard since you cant just do the same thing as they do with the other more "human" factions, witch basicly share the same units with different names, +1-2 special ones.
Forceing the Aliens into that scheme woud be kinda stupid, while not immpossible.

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 03:26:17 am »

Yep adding aliens as playable faction woud be hard since you cant just do the same thing as they do with the other more "human" factions, witch basicly share the same units with different names, +1-2 special ones.
Forceing the Aliens into that scheme woud be kinda stupid, while not immpossible.

Again, who said they will be like that.

Just because 1 race is fitting to that mould doesn't mean that everyone else has to, and it's only that way for single player as far as we are aware off. Multiplayer could be completely different to single player and that seems to be the case. Just because past games have always had Single Player = Multiplayer Training that doesn't mean DoW2 is like that because it's not. It's quite obviously that you thtb are jumping to insane conclusions based on nothing.
Thtb-Ally Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 03:36:28 am »

Hey i am just refering to DoW (1).

All the races had the same units, besides 1 or 2 special units. Basicly only the melee/ranged Dmg and the health where different, but hell evryone had a basic scout units, a main units like space  marines, even evryone had a jackpack unit, even the orcīs.

Its not like Starcraft -useing completly different races- and so I doubt they will make it this time. Aliens propatly get a unit that has like a "alienjetpack-wings" and "sneaky alien scout creature" to fit in and to make balance more easy.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 03:43:11 am »

All the races had the same units, besides 1 or 2 special units. Basicly only the melee/ranged Dmg and the health where different, but hell evryone had a basic scout units, a main units like space  marines, even evryone had a jackpack unit, even the orcīs.

Its not like Starcraft -useing completly different races- and so I doubt they will make it this time. Aliens propatly get a unit that has like a "alienjetpack-wings" and "sneaky alien scout creature" to fit in and to make balance more easy.

Okay, GTFO of this thread and don't come back with at least some knowledge of the 40k Lore.
Thtb-Ally Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 03:53:48 am »

Omg the counter argument proveing me wrong, so badly, i better gtfo! kthxbye
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 04:07:02 am »

No, because your not understanding something correctly because you do not know the fiction or the units in 40k. Yes, there are those common units, but every unit though they share 1 thing doesn't make them the same nor balanced.

You can't say a Warp Spider and an Assault Marine are the same, nor can you say a Swooping Hawk and a Warp Spider are the same. Because in the end, they aren't each are different and play different roles than one another.

It's not as simple as you think it is. Even in DoW, units had 1 thing in common, and that was it.

Even in starcraft, they have units that are common but not the same.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 04:16:22 am by Akranadas » Logged
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 02:31:59 am »

the imperial guard never got a jump pack unit or scout, the tua dont have a proper troop transport, the necrons they come back to life once they die no other race can do that.

shure each race will have a slightly simler set up so as to not overwhelm the player, but to say there the same thats just idoitic right there.

lets take the imperial guard basilisk mobile artillery, only the space marines get something that slightly resembles it in function. and even then the unit is set up to be completely different requiring a large amount of protection ,unlike is marine counter part who has decant armour and a nice consistent speed, what it gets instead is a more powerful cannon and access to the earth-shaker shell one of the most lethal anti infantry ordinance weapons in the game.

lets look at the kasrkin commando my favorite unit. its a long range light infantry unit with a devastating long range hell gun and access to very effective infantry fighting equipment such as a frag grenade that unlike its marine/ork counter part is only effective against infantry. but at this it excels it has a Huge blast radius and will almost always kill any light-medium infantry unit within a Farly well sized area.

do i need to go on, every race is unique. some units may fill similar roles but they are fare more different than they seam. only units i consider the same is the chaos marine and the space marine, but even they are unique in there own way.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc