Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 01:32:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Command and Conquer + Company of Heroes  (Read 10422 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: August 01, 2008, 02:45:01 pm »

I've been thinking lately.

1. What C&C game would work best in CoH style game-play
2. How would you port it over?

I'm thinking the easiest would be C&C 1. I don't think red alert because of the iron curtain and chronosphere I dont think could be implemented but a Nuke and Ion Cannon yeah. I think the most fun would be Tiberian Sun especially if you could get a Mammoth Mk II in there =D King Tiger's would have no chance...

ok what do u guys think?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 03:13:08 pm »

C&C gen.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:15:51 pm »

o right...probably i forgot about that, that would be cool.
lompocus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 10:03:03 pm »

c and c zero hour was the only kick ass c and c game evar, imho.

http://bd1.battledawn.com/referx.php?serv=5&ref=1449
^ The best time waster...EVAR!!!!
 _ - + _ Lompoc Certified  _ + - _
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 10:13:21 pm »

epicfail.jpg / facepalm.jpg
Unkn0wn2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:53:10 am »

epicfail.jpg / facepalm.jpg

Stfu, he's right Wink.
C&C: Gen was better than all the others. Especially latest C&C was just rubbish.
(The new Red Alert is gonna be crap too)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 05:25:08 am »

RA1 was the best, Nuff said.

If EA wasn't so "OMGSUE" about it's IPs being on different games, I'd mod CoH to be RA1 style. Longbow Strafing Runs anyone or how about Chronoshift attack force?
CatinHatTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 08:03:48 am »

yep RA 1 was the best change the v1 to make a bigger boom then you got yourself a nuke.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 08:21:27 am »

RA 1 came with my original time PC, awesome game!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 09:53:01 am »

Red Alert is going to be awesome...

www.cncgames.com

check out the new actress for the game she's freaking hot! if anything, the eye candy will be sweet...
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 10:16:12 am »

They should've kept the Lt. Eva from RA2.

And damn, I haven't been to cncgames since the modding days of RA2.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 10:26:48 am »

www.cncgames.com

check out the new actress for the game she's freaking hot! if anything, the eye candy will be sweet...

Go Die, NOW!

That isn't Red Alert. That is a kid playing in his sand pit/box with a collection shitty Happy meal cheapo toys pretending he's commanding an army.

Red Alert was about things that could have existed, existing. Not what some dick head thought would be cool, or what some idiot thought would make a game sell to the Anime Generation (fucking japan). Even Red Alert 2's units were based on some real world units/concepts. RA3 just took what it thought was LOLFUNNY and decided to shit all over what had become before it, and to try and make up for the obivous lack of innovation and shit unit design, they're trying to lure in the frat boys who go LOLBOOBIES! even when it makes no fucking sense (Natasha? WTF!), It's people like you that pay for shit and ensure that companies like EA continue to ruin peoples childhood memories. 

The one only true Red Alert Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85tMFIA6Dy0&feature=related

10 times better story than what we're getting,
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:28:58 am by Akranadas » Logged
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 10:31:40 am »

I agree entirely with Akranadas for a change.

Edit:  Allied Tech Tree

Even the models look too retarded to be considered as a RA game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:39:57 am by Warbirds » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 10:39:29 am »

www.cncgames.com

Go Die, NOW!

That isn't Red Alert. That is a kid playing in his sand pit/box with a collection shitty Happy meal cheapo toys pretending he's commanding an army.

Red Alert was about things that could have existed, existing. Not what some dick head thought would be cool, or what some idiot thought would make a game sell to the Anime Generation (fucking japan). Even Red Alert 2's units were based on some real world units/concepts. RA3 just took what it thought was LOLFUNNY and decided to shit all over what had become before it, and to try and make up for the obivous lack of innovation and shit unit design, they're trying to lure in the frat boys who go LOLBOOBIES! even when it makes no fucking sense (Natasha? WTF!), It's people like you that pay for shit and ensure that companies like EA continue to ruin peoples childhood memories. 

oh calm down...been there done there, heard it all. the fact is, they decided to make three different type of games in the c&c universe and that's fine by me.

Tiberium = Sci-Fi
Red Alert = Wacky
Generals = Modern/Realistic

you can't have it all in all games. There are some of us who are totally loyal to all c&c games and then there are others who pick and choose which type they play.

and why all the fuss over what's real and what's not, its' a damn game, if it's fun it's fun. if i get an extra beta key i'll send it your way and let u see how fun the game is. most people are quite happy with it, especially after the disappointment of tiberium wars and kane's wrath.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 10:42:41 am »

They should've kept the Lt. Eva from RA2.

And damn, I haven't been to cncgames since the modding days of RA2.

heh, only "actor" that's ever played in more than one c&c game is Kane. Would've been nice but it's hard to go back after 4 years and ask someone to play a bit part in a video game. we're just lucky that Joe Kucan isn't a real actor. i think ra3 will be really fun, not as epic as red alert was but still just fun. Here's hoping Generals 2 will combine a lil more realism...this would be the perfect type of c&c game for them to implement some CoH type stuff into it.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 10:47:44 am »

www.cncgames.com

Go Die, NOW!

oh calm down...been there done there, heard it all. the fact is, they decided to make three different type of games in the c&c universe and that's fine by me.

Tiberium = Sci-Fi
Red Alert = Wacky
Generals = Modern/Realistic

you can't have it all in all games. There are some of us who are totally loyal to all c&c games and then there are others who pick and choose which type they play.

and why all the fuss over what's real and what's not, its' a damn game, if it's fun it's fun. if i get an extra beta key i'll send it your way and let u see how fun the game is. most people are quite happy with it, especially after the disappointment of tiberium wars and kane's wrath.

The fact is, they took the established universe that was Red Alert and Red Alert 2 and when "AH FUCK IT" and came up with some bullshit plot device (Soviets travel back in time to Kill Einstein, yet... he created the time machine... paradox) that basically rendered what ever what in those two games null in terms of story and background. They're basically erasing the past.

The problem I have is that it is trying to sell it self on what came before while at the same time saying that it doesn't exist. I wouldn't have Problem if they called the game Command and Conquer Toy Wars, but the fact their trying to sell it on the RA irks me.

And Red Alert was never Wacky, it was more ''realistic'' and modern that what Generals was.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 11:00:31 am »

Red Alert 1 was "wacky" people just tend to forget that. It was more gritty than RA2 but there were quite a few wacky moments in there, as well as in C&C 1 with its "campy" style of acting and writing. IN fact, Red alert 2, even though a lot of people whine about the storyline, was put together by the westwood guys who made the first three games. It was actually their last original game. And then with Generals, although people fuss about that was an idea that the c&c creators had wanted since they made red alert. RA3 kinda goes away from ra2 but from talking with some former WW employees and even playing with one online, they like the game and the direction they're going.

Maybe i'm a bit bias cuz i've actually been to EALA and met the guys and see how they've put everything together i dunno. I just think people are overreacting w/o even playing the game.

What's funny to me is it seems like the guys who aren't die hard c&c players are the ones who fuss the most about the direction of the game. Most guys like me love ra3. You can't always follow the same formula, you get games like starcraft 2 which just add new stuff and keep a lot of the same units which to me is boring.

But anyway. Just don't buy the game if you think it will suck and stop bitching about it. You're not always going to like the direction developers decide to go with their games, I'm quite sure when CoH2 is announced a lot of people will fuss that they should've done this and that and this isn't real and blah blah. I hear it all the time. People fussed about TS when released, Ra2, generals, c&c 3, and now ra3, i dont even know why i bother anymore.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 11:07:19 am »

Akranadas slams his face into his keyboard

You sir, are a fucking moron.

I didn't say it wouldn't be a good game to play, I NEVER said they had to copy RA to make it a good game. What I was was.

I AM UNHAPPY WITH HOW THEY THREW AWAY THE ESTABLISHED UNIVERSE FOR THIS ONE THAT IS DESIGNED TO APPEAL TO POPULAR CULTURE AND INTERNET FADS OF TODAY'S GENERATION RATHER THAN BUILDING ON THE ESTABLISHED UNIVERSE.

I don't care about how the game plays (which I have already seen) nor do I care for the fan boys defending it. I'm not in the C&C camp anymore, I just hate it how EA destroys more than it creates when it remakes.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 11:09:49 am »

I lol'd, and I'm also calling that this now becomes a flamewar with everyone vs akranadas and the word "mod" shows up atleast 3 times in each following post.

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:46 am »

What's the point, I win by default.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc