Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:47:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Command and Conquer + Company of Heroes  (Read 10418 times)
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 11:18:16 am »

He did it for teh lulz.

Don't forget.
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 11:18:52 am »

I think it woud be possible to travel back in a time maschine and kill the creater of the timemschine, it woud just create another reality.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 11:25:51 am »

default? how do you win by default? cuz ur a mod oh goody.

established universe...right. ok. ra 1 - soviets invade europe, ra 2 soviets invade america ok, tell me what's so established about kirov's and mind control? Dude...like I said chill out, it's not that serious. And you can't tell how good a game is by "seeing it" sheesh.

You've given up on the franchise, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to bash it cuz you don't like it. The way the game is going has nothing to do with EA as a company but with the people who design the games. They hire people who make up their own ideas. Unfortunately there's no one around except one guy who made the 1st two red alert games so of course they're going to go away from what we all know but there's still a lot that is retained from the original two games.

and as for you saying that the game is "DESIGNED TO APPEAL TO POPULAR CULTURE AND INTERNET FADS OF TODAY'S GENERATION" you are so wrong. Japan wasn't even their 1st choice of a 3rd side. They were going to go with South America, a Junk Faction, a sort of Yuri-type Mercenary side, but Japan fits well with the Fiction of red alert more than Yuri dude. Cmon a Kane look alike? Japan is a cultural enemy of Russia and a recent enemy of America in WW2, i think that fits well within the universe. but anyway. you have some serious anger issue. oooh caps and bold i'm so intimidated...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
DaysOfWarTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 11:57:22 am »

You've given up on the franchise, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to bash it cuz you don't like it.

You sir, are chatting on a United States based forums. Akranadas can bash whatever he damn well pleases.

And the only time you ever bash things is when you don't like them, therefore not liking it automatically gives him the right to bash it.

BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 12:00:13 pm »

established universe...right. ok. ra 1 - soviets invade europe, ra 2 soviets invade america ok, tell me what's so established about kirov's and mind control? Dude...like I said chill out, it's not that serious. And you can't tell how good a game is by "seeing it" sheesh.

You've given up on the franchise, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to bash it cuz you don't like it. The way the game is going has nothing to do with EA as a company but with the people who design the games. They hire people who make up their own ideas. Unfortunately there's no one around except one guy who made the 1st two red alert games so of course they're going to go away from what we all know but there's still a lot that is retained from the original two games.

and as for you saying that the game is "DESIGNED TO APPEAL TO POPULAR CULTURE AND INTERNET FADS OF TODAY'S GENERATION" you are so wrong. Japan wasn't even their 1st choice of a 3rd side. They were going to go with South America, a Junk Faction, a sort of Yuri-type Mercenary side, but Japan fits well with the Fiction of red alert more than Yuri dude. Cmon a Kane look alike? Japan is a cultural enemy of Russia and a recent enemy of America in WW2, i think that fits well within the universe. but anyway. you have some serious anger issue. oooh caps and bold i'm so intimidated...

Damn it the word "mod" was only used once....

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 12:09:04 pm »

You've given up on the franchise, fine, but that doesn't give you the right to bash it cuz you don't like it.

You sir, are chatting on a United States based forums. Akranadas can bash whatever he damn well pleases.

And the only time you ever bash things is when you don't like them, therefore not liking it automatically gives him the right to bash it.

I know...but he's really going all out in a total angry rant like somehow his words will reach the ears of EA and they'll return Red alert to its former glory.

Damn it the word "mod" was only used once....

Haha...
CatinHatTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 07:31:18 pm »

Akranadas  remember the best of the C&C games were made by Westwood was killed off by EA in March of 2003.

Now EA is Like "FUCK" we need more money so pay someone to make it for us. Little do they know the makers of RA3 are the toy makers of the Tickle Me Elmo toy.

CatinHatTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 07:54:30 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrROooDg44
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 08:17:23 pm »

I know...but he's really going all out in a total angry rant like somehow his words will reach the ears of EA and they'll return Red alert to its former glory.

EA won't change anything. Look; the game looks interesting I just have issues with the way it's designed. Units look typically fuggly (even generals had better designed and looking units) and to me it seems that both the Soviets and Allies were hashed designs in far of a Wapanses appealing Japan side.

To me, it seems that the 'creators' of this new Red Alert trolled the internet a looked for what was popular (bear cavalry) and decided to make a game out of it.  It couldn't have been a great game if they stayed true to the universe and didn't play on silly clichés, but because the decided to rush a game out which is nothing more than a C&C3 mod (developers even said they knew the fans didn't want it to be similar to C&C3) they destroyed the universe.

Many of the design aspects just ooze rushed and lost potential (Ore Nodes?), some don't even feel well thought out (land water stalemates)

Oh, and I don't win by default because I'm a mod. I win by default because I'm awesome.
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 08:32:45 pm »

Failsome?

Your not even Canadian!
Dalron Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 08:48:34 pm »

Akranadas was in one of Badman's comics...so if I can I second what he said about winning.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 08:55:59 pm »

Failsome?

Your not even Canadian!

That means I win more.  Tongue
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 10:05:35 am »

Red Alert is going to be awesome...

www.cncgames.com

check out the new actress for the game she's freaking hot! if anything, the eye candy will be sweet...

Go Die, NOW!

That isn't Red Alert. That is a kid playing in his sand pit/box with a collection shitty Happy meal cheapo toys pretending he's commanding an army.

Red Alert was about things that could have existed, existing. Not what some dick head thought would be cool, or what some idiot thought would make a game sell to the Anime Generation (fucking japan). Even Red Alert 2's units were based on some real world units/concepts. RA3 just took what it thought was LOLFUNNY and decided to shit all over what had become before it, and to try and make up for the obivous lack of innovation and shit unit design, they're trying to lure in the frat boys who go LOLBOOBIES! even when it makes no fucking sense (Natasha? WTF!), It's people like you that pay for shit and ensure that companies like EA continue to ruin peoples childhood memories. 

The one only true Red Alert Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85tMFIA6Dy0&feature=related

10 times better story than what we're getting,

LMFAO. qft.  I literally could not stop laughing after reading that. It's not RA, it's a kid playing in his sandbox with happy meal toys pretending to command an army........priceless ownage right there Akr.

By the way, that original RA intro is absolutely classic, it remains one of the best game intros ever.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:12:09 am by Skunker » Logged

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 11:13:25 am »

i agree. i love red alert and i love tiberian sun, in fact i'm working on my tib sun mod as we speak (had some ai issues i never fixed).

but i think people hold onto ra too much. its hard to capture the original feeling of a game thru its sequals, especially after acquired from another company and having a bunch of new developers, People blame EA but i blame Westwood for leaving EALA cuz they didn't get what they wanted. They still had design control and everything but i'm guessing they wanted more money and ea worked 'em hard, and for a reason lol if u look at the time between ra 1 and ra2 and c&c 1 and c&c 2 you could understand how EA feels about that, 6 yrs between games is not good but anyway. a lot of them left petroglyph as well after a new developer entered the picture lol i dont know who to blame on that one but it's like wtf anyway....

Ra3 as a game is still a good game but vs the original it's hard to compare...Ea is trying to reach casual gamers, not hard-core like us so you're goign to get games like ra3, the tib universe is it's hardcore universe anyway, the FPS Tiberium looks so much like you're playing Tiberian Sun it's creepy, if they can capture the feeling of moving through a tiberium wasteland correclty they'll get lots of fans followign that but anyway...here comes the flames
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc