Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:24:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I do better?  (Read 4087 times)
KolathTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« on: August 03, 2008, 08:43:52 pm »

Every game today felt like this one.  An overwhelming number of snipers, paks, and support teams.  This particular one had tons of shreks and less mortars, but the result was the same.  I'm open to any ideas.  I thought calliopes would be the right counter, but they didn't really do a whole lot here.

Battle 16687

Kolath and Stumpster

vs

Pak88 and SykoFanT

[attachment deleted by admin]
SnarksTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:39:22 pm »

Hm, poor usuage of Quads. You gotta keep those at longe range and hide them behind stuff, I don't use Quads personally, but I would use them as rearguards to prevent them from flanking you. I'd keep them with a ATG or other vulnerable units.

You guys had a solid chance of winning there. Learn to countersnipe better and keep 2 Snipers in your company. I personally have 3 to deal with the Axis support weapon spam. If that was Heavy Support though, it would have been a different story.

The Calliope performed decently, but the Airborne drops were next to useless. Personally, I don't use Airborne aside from RR and unless I have Aerial Brothers or Drop Readiness. Otherwise, they take way too long to drop and thus are not very useful in an intense 2v2, especially if it's RTC.

I've got a game to attend to, so I'll post more later.
Unkn0wn2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:02:42 am »

* Not a good idea to start off with an upgunned sherman, it's not a good idea to have upgunned shermans to begin with. The most likely armour you'll face early on is a StuG. That can easily be held off with an AT gun.

* Very little coordindation and teamwork, Stumpster was attacking while you were just sitting at the church, you have to plan out attacks, not just rush things (quads) into the enemy. When your teammate is holding the city, don't sit at the church, you have to move up on the field so that you can form a solid defensive line and switch units back and forth if needed. Most RTC offenses from the bottom go like this Start -> Double on Town -> Secure -> Church -> Win.

* Poor use of Quads, quads are amazing but only if you use them as mobile/fast HMGs on their max range ONLY. Use them in conjunction with jeep/riflemen/at. Pulling flank manouvers with them turned out to be a complete distaster, schrecks & warned paks will just have a field day.

* Lack of support weapons, you took out their mortars early on but rarely took advantage out of that. I also don't see why you should bring on more mortars when you have a calliope on the field. You needed to rely on HMGs and AT guns a lot more. HMgs aren't as bad as you think and do a good job in locking down an area, so

* Rifleblobs of doom don't work, especially when they don't even come with stickies and don't get supported.

* M10s fail, I don't even understand why they were brought on at the time (2 of them!), to deal with the flammenwerfer/ostwind so it seems even though you knew they had paks & schreks around. M10s are only really good for flanking/swarming already damaged tanks.

Just my 2 cents. It seems like you never really got a grasp on the game to begin with and just ran 1 step behind them every time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:43:51 am by Unkn0wn2 » Logged
ThtbTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:33:47 am »

Copy paste Lai.

Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:36:42 am »

Thanks for the detailed reply, Unkn0wn.  I think you hit all the highlights of what we did wrong.

Though I would be curious to hear how you would combat heavy support players who can out range everything and are covered by overlapping fire arcs.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
SnarksTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:47:04 pm »

Thanks for the detailed reply, Unkn0wn.  I think you hit all the highlights of what we did wrong.

Though I would be curious to hear how you would combat heavy support players who can out range everything and are covered by overlapping fire arcs.

I've begun to ask myself that same question. You'll have to rely on heavy and accurate artillery. If not, Snipers are your best bet. Allied Mortars are simply outclassed when fighting a Heavy Support Axis Mortar.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:41:31 pm »

An Axis Heavy Support Mortar actually shoots farther than a Flak88, which is just mind boggling.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 01:48:22 pm »

An Axis Heavy Support Mortar actually shoots farther than a Flak88, which is just mind boggling.

Really?  I knew their vet 2 heavy support paks did.  Wow!  Shocked
Pengu3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 01:59:27 pm »

heavy support paks do not shoot as far as an 88. A vet3 pak shoots almost as far (3 less range or so) However the accuracy and damage is far below a actual 88. Also while technically a heavy support mortar should shoot farther than a 88, I'm virtually convinced axis mortars receive no benefit from heavy support. I have never tested it to be sure, but from just in game observation their range actually feels unchanged or slightly shorter.
|-|Cozmo|-| Offline
Lieutenant General of all Ninja's.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 02:06:32 pm »

^ that is possible, some EIR buff have not worked before now (RR's and fatherland defence).

But see if you can test that.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 02:42:29 pm »

no, the mortar's do shoot farther, trust me on that i've experienced it lol mikehalo luvz his heavy support mortar's.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pengu4 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 03:34:28 pm »

I just tested it. Heavy support has NO effect what so ever on the range of mortars of any kind. Exactly the same range as a normal mortar.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 03:39:43 pm »

Oh...well. I still get pwned by axis mortars....maybe i just sux
Walter9731 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 04:25:40 pm »

I have a vet 3 mortar with nearly 200 xp  Grin

It killed a Mg in a building with a single shell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc