Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:31:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WiP] 6p TrÜbPl (Truppenübungsplatz)  (Read 7478 times)
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 06, 2008, 03:34:23 am »

Hey Ladies,

Allthough I dont find time to play much atm, I put some more into another map project, TrÜbPl (Truppenübungsplatz). Basically its a large army training ground for fire exercises with hot ammunition. Thought I give you a look to get some feedback and ideas.

Also, as a sidenote, ill be finally finalizing Westfalen soon. If I find time for some games ill also take up the work on Overlord again.

1st shot is from the old quarry over the map with the training village to the right, 2nd shot is excactly the opposite view. So far players are intended to join the fight from the roads in the opposite edges on the map. Map will be OCP (so no supply lines, only a couple of sectors spread over the map).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:31:34 am by Steinmarder » Logged

Klagt nicht, kämpft!
Warbirds Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:35:42 am »

Moar bloom.

Also, more detail.  And etc.

Good so far though.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:07:23 am »

Hmm looks nice stein. Perhaps just add in some debris for cover and perhaps some hills or something just to spice things up. Just looks a little bit too flat and open. I do like the potential it has though, wish I could get into mapping, I have ideas it is the motor skills that are lacking Wink.

Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:26:03 am »

No more bloom spam.  Angry

Looking good so far Stein!  Though you'll have to remove the umlauts in the name (at least for the filename).

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 04:05:54 pm »

2 lower angle shots for bodybag on the central hill-line  Wink

But of course you are right, its far from finished and still kinda empty here and there.
Ill think about the sector layout and how to fill the last 'empty' areas next. I would like to have the armies at least fight about something that looks somewhat special, not plane fields as sectors.

So that part goes hand in hand and is whats missing to get it into Alpha. I hope I can get it done over the weekend.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:32:20 am by Steinmarder » Logged
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 04:18:32 pm »

Rofl, THERE ARE HILLS lol

Sorry for missing that part the first time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »

Yeah you didn't notice, n00b...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:20 am »

General design is nearly finished, testing with computer atm.

First sector layout below (the connections will of course be removed for the EiR version, need the supply lines for vCoH testing)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:20:00 am »

Design regarding stuff influencing the gameplay is finished now, new screenshots below.
Layout seems fine with 6 players and the 5 OCP areas.

Ill start working on eyecandy now and release a beta version in the next couple of days.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:41:17 am »

Sektoren sind vielleicht etwas zu klein. Ich würde mittig mehr Sektoren an den Seiten hinzufügen, weil das Zentrum sonst zu sehr der Fokuspunkt wird. Noch einen Sektor an den nordweslichen Häusern, und einen östlich am See. Die Strassenkreuzung würde passen, vielleicht willst du da noch ne Sandsackstellung hinbaun. Ansonsten siehts gut aus. Zu viele P4 Wracks für meinen Geschmack. Wie wärs mit nem Schießplatz mit Shermans?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 09:54:37 am »

lmao...gotta love translators.

"Sectors are perhaps somewhat too small. I would add centrically more sectors at the sides, because the center becomes the point of focus otherwise too much. Still another sector at the nordweslichen houses, and one east at the lake. The road crossing would fit, perhaps wants you there still ne sand bag position hinbaun. Otherwise siehts well out. Too many P4 wrecks for my taste. How wärs with nem range with Shermans?"

i'm even more confused now but i get it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:57:10 am by Tymathee » Logged
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 11:31:40 am »

I run out of time Sad

Will finish it asap but it may take 2 or 3 weeks.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 06:44:57 pm »

"Sectors are perhaps somewhat too small. I would add centrically more sectors at the sides, because the center becomes the point of focus too much otherwise. Another sector at the northwest houses, and one east at the lake. The road crossing would fit, perhaps you might want to build a sandbag position there. Otherwise it looks well. Too many P4 wrecks for my taste. How about a fireing range with Shermans?"

relic 53.jpg looks bad in my oppinion, the pineclusters, what were they called, I dunno, some more eyecandy...
Hope you can finish it this year!

Hey, it's not going to happen
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:54 am »

Im sorry but I guess I wont be releasing anything for EiR anymore.

I started work on all maps I ever tried to bring out with 2.0 in mind allready, giving them some kind of story so they can be used better in a more dynamic campaign.

But since that is now half a year away that anything 'new' has been heared about EiR Im putting my spare time into other projects now.

Ill still check the homepage from time to time, and if anyone wants to do something with one of my maps, regarding changing them, he can send me a PM and we can talk about it.

But I wont put any more time into this, if Westfalen will never be played 'in germany (on a campaign map)' and so on.. Maybe ill have a change of mind, and ill come back to play and map again in a year or too. And of course probably sooner if development will be taken up again. But for now im just sad that something that could have become really amazing and great seems to break down JUST before it really went to become more than 'just a mod'.

I know for a fact that in 5 years, there will still be people around, playing EiR, even if no more work will be done here. But most of my energy for mapping in EiR came from what I saw this mod possible to grow into. And that doesnt seem to be the case any more.

Sorry.

Cheers, Steinmarder

(if any artist or coder wants to join an ambitous spaceflight mmorpg project, give me a PM)
UnLimiTeDTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 04:30:41 am »

You know, TLS (The Last Stand, laststandmod.com)
is actually a comunity campaign for TLS, witha warmap, and ...
premade companies...
Well, as players fight for Objectives there your maps would quite fit into this.
I would volunteer to finish this map, but I really need to finish my first project and gather more experience, maybe next year, yeah Cheesy
Steinmarder Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 04:41:22 am »

Well, if I get a PM from salan that TLS is really the top secret pre-2.0 campaign, flashmap and so on testing ground in the fl- command bunker.. things are different.

Else, like I said, yeah there will probably be a 'custom campaign' in 5 years too. But my motivation comes from being part of something 'alive'.

So, again, cheers and see you around one day

(thread locked)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc