Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:36:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My SGA file says INVALID MAP???  (Read 7268 times)
J-Ro Offline
EIR Regular

« on: September 23, 2008, 12:17:16 pm »

Hi all im new to the site and this is my first post.

Ok basically what I want to do is create a map with some ideas Ive always wanted to do...

Ive used the 4 part tutorials on YouTube which were helpful - to a point.

However after a lot of reading on forums it seems that most people are not using Vista - and therefore not having headache after headache with issues..

I have created a huge map after a few hours of learning and mapping. I have saved my scenario file and imported and exported sga file using the ModStudio.exe.  to my knowledge everything has been text book so far.

However when I add the map into my launcher im getting INVALID MAP SGA?? As you can see from my image below other SGA files that i have downloaded have imported and played fine.

can anyone help??
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:27:34 pm by J-Ro » Logged
Waffen 17th.SS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:29:15 pm »

Are you sure you saved it correctly? as in paths?

"War is the hardest on those with morals."
J-Ro Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:20 pm »

How do I know if my paths are ok?

I save the scene out using WorldBuilder using the save as option.

Then I can link all my directory files using the ModStudio and export an sga file.

The sga file should then be 'moveable' to any folder location I like. Then I can add a new map using the launcher and provide the sgas location folder.

the downloaded ones work fine however mine do not seem to export right? are there particular options i need to make sure that are ticked or unticked??
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:35:30 pm »

Just compile it with worldbuilder instead of modstudio

For you, Rocksitter!
http://urltea.com/38uh
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:39:59 pm »

How do I know if my paths are ok?

I save the scene out using WorldBuilder using the save as option.

Then I can link all my directory files using the ModStudio and export an sga file.

The sga file should then be 'moveable' to any folder location I like. Then I can add a new map using the launcher and provide the sgas location folder.

the downloaded ones work fine however mine do not seem to export right? are there particular options i need to make sure that are ticked or unticked??

If you want to compile it using mod studio to include any fancy features to your map, then make sure you are doing it right, its probably something you are missing in the process.

I have a tutorial which shows you step by step how I packed a SGA using the mod studio, it might help you out.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,4594.0.html second one.

Life or Lack There Of
J-Ro Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »

Ive tried that too GamerAndy I use the 'ExportPackage' option in WorldBuilder' and get the same result in my launcher 'INVALID MAP SGA'.

thanks for the feedback though Andy
GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 08:46:30 pm »

I'm actually a coding moron, was just relaying the answer from one of our coders
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 08:48:34 pm »

I'm actually a coding moron, was just relaying the answer from one of our coders

I wanna learn code damnit!

GamerAndy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 08:52:51 pm »

Does a black dialog box (the archiver.exe) appear when you export the package? If not does your vista UAC prevent it from running? Other than that or a corrupted file...i cant think of anything, ask the guys at http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »

Also keep in mind J-Ro if you want your map to show up in EIR, you have to get it added to the .module file, I have long forgotten how to get it to show up doing it any other way. lol Tongue
DerangedGerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:15:26 pm »

I use vista, and have no problems with WB whatsoever, aside from a few minor bugs (MAYBE vista. Who knows?) it works fine. I use corsix's mod tools to pack my .sgas and I can get custom loading screen, and map preview screen.

Proud mapper for both OMG and EIR.
J-Ro Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 12:32:35 am »

I use vista, and have no problems with WB whatsoever, aside from a few minor bugs (MAYBE vista. Who knows?) it works fine. I use corsix's mod tools to pack my .sgas and I can get custom loading screen, and map preview screen.

ok a Vista user.. that's handy. Do you use the launcher to run your SGAs? Do I need to do something else? All of the tutorials I have found thus far use the -dev version via XP...
J-Ro Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 12:49:02 am »

If you want to compile it using mod studio to include any fancy features to your map, then make sure you are doing it right, its probably something you are missing in the process.

I have a tutorial which shows you step by step how I packed a SGA using the mod studio, it might help you out.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php/topic,4594.0.html second one.

thanks for the link Lolto. I noticed that you do not use a launcher to run your SGAs, which seems to be the problem I am having. at the moment I am not trying to have a loading screen, audio files etc as i would simply like to get it working first.

Like your tutorial I have tried using another maps files - using the correct directory links and folders, however just like my file I end up with invalid map sga in the launcher...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:58:15 am by J-Ro » Logged
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 06:55:22 am »

Do this for me.

Post the .sga you are having problems with.  See if you can attach it to a post.  If not, upload it to www.filefront.com and put the link here.

I suspect something is going wrong in the packing phase.  But I can take a look at it.

Finally, welcome to the community, especially the mapping forum! Cheesy

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc