Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:41:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goliath Support = Win  (Read 13734 times)
COH-Commandos Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 09:33:37 pm »

EPIC FAIL 4 US  Cry
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 09:35:09 pm »

god some people complain alot...
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 09:47:37 pm »

ARRRRGH,

You know what for a little comedy it was funny, but unknown is right it proves a valid point without some type of restrcition the game is bound to create these scenarios.

Pz i think mate you position on noob bashing is fair but you have very little sympathy from me and some others based on the "list". Where you deemed it approapiate to somehow attempt to alienate people by suggesting they are off limts or should be avoided is where you corssed the line.

The 1st part of your original post was actaully very good its ashame you didn't quit while you where ahead.  

Noob bashing is wrong i agree, i do it but then i like to play with people i know, much the same way probability and mono do as well as countless others. I played with AMPM a long time in this mod and with dasnoob salan and stumpster and continue to do so, we know each others plays styles to the most part, its part of the mod.

The new players are aware or at least should be that this mod is a complete deviation from other games as well as it does not have the same care-bear setups as other MMO's/RTS games and as such they are exposed to the whole community. It happens and for the most part those who tough it out become very good at the game.  

They all don't have the ability as you and others did of getting it right off, i was noob stomped no end for the 1st 6 months it was very very hard, but salan and others taught me how to play.

I would suggest that if your seriously passionate about helping the new player out then, rather than direct your energy on creating arguments about peoples characters you devote your voulumous energy on eductating and genuinely helping the lessers of this community out.  

so rather than build a doom fortress and accept the loss and not help, play with them and teach them, seeing you have allot to say.    

That way since you talk to allot these supposed "noob"  you should then have the highest amount of opportunity in which to help them.  And of course as ive suggested in the past if they lose they should watch the reply and see what happened and where they went wrong, replays are underused in this mod for learning.  Maybe you should put some up of classic games youve played with commentary on what to do in certain situations.

Of course if you prefer to just wail at the rest of us thats your choice as well.

Nevyen

(thank-you lai )
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:19:22 am by Nevyen » Logged

Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 04:18:10 am »

You forgot to add "Nevyen" at the end of the post. Wink

A long time ago I actually planned to start a mentor program for new players. However, I never got the time (nor patience) for it. Perhaps you could do it PzGren. Coin the expression "PzGren's kids don't die, they multiply!"

Osprey2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 04:23:48 am »

How to epic win as axis defending. Very enjoyable, for us at least. :p
Definately worth a watch because its CRAZY CRAZY.

Brad, Duvka, Unkn0wn
vs
Osprey, DonnieDark, COHCommando

Battle 5170

Sad
Osprey2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 04:27:32 am »

Dunno, wasn't really smurfing in the end because I'm under the impression they knew who we were anyway.
(And that's duvka's main account)

We did. In fact I specifically played the game because Brad had been waiting for ages. Last time I help a Scotsman. Tongue
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 11:28:58 am »

Also, the main purpose of this replay was ultimately to show that gimmick/spam companies CAN be very succesful hence why there's a need for availability systems. People like pzgren claim that people can do whatever they want if it can make them win. Well guess what? This is clearly not enjoyable for the opponents.

Do it against the top players to prove it rather than against newbies.

It is clearly not enjoyable for newbies as well to get stomped as you can find in a recent thread.

And for your clarification, the army I designed is in no way a "Grieving" company. It is a well balanced army which relies on ambushing, mining, diversions and guerilla warfare. Is a person to be penalised simply because the units picked are cost effective? Go read up on the 36 Stratagems and see if you can learn anything from them.

Simply because you do not understand the fundamentals of unconventional warfare doesn't mean its grieving. Anyone who watched that replay will see well balanced call-ins and effective troop killers as well as constantly shifting the troops around to prevent you from guess the position of my troops. Towards the middle of the game, you and brad started to lose your cool and started suiciding troops into our lines.

I only had 4 pioneers with flames in the initial call in, 4 mines and 4 goliaths. I have nowhere near your 12 pio start.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 11:53:42 am »

Where you deemed it approapiate to somehow attempt to alienate people by suggesting they are off limts or should be avoided is where you corssed the line.

Noob bashing is wrong i agree, i do it but then i like to play with people i know.

so rather than build a doom fortress and accept the loss and not help, play with them and teach them, seeing you have allot to say.

The only people I've suggested as anywhere near the definition of "off-limits", are the people whom I have played with before and have done those actions of taunting, as well as cursing and swearing at you. In fact, I added that if you don't like people to do those things to you, you should avoid them. If you don't mind the chance of them taunting you, then by all means go ahead.

Is it wrong to tell new players an estimate of what is the skill level of the players they are facing? Its a natural thing of competition that the better you are, lesser opponents are willing to match up against you because losing is unpleasant.

I don't dispute that people like to play with people whom they know and for doing that, what you get in return is no one will want to play with you. I've merely provided a system of "rating" for which they can choose to "use my list" or as someone else has pointed out, generate their "own list".

Everyone here has their "own list" in their minds, its simply whether they post it publicly for everyone to read or not.

As for the "doom fortress" part, I was giving them advice throughout the early part of the game, informing them on threats etc etc etc. If you were in the channel, you will know that I was giving out advice and warning to them constantly. A replay does not record the voice conversations which was going on and neither does it show the pings given by the "enemy" as well as their text conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc