Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:53:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 second artillery  (Read 14989 times)
BlackBanana Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 04:32:56 am »

But imagine how expensive they will be =)

You'll probably only get to buy 2 at the most for your PE company... and even if you did, you wouldn't have anything left for any other form of mechanized armor which is the whole point of PE.
Poor PE, they can't buy six hummels and have thousend of halftracks at the same time, plus p4 panthers and what else. Anyway do the devs read user balancing threads? Where is clearly logical that who plays axis does agree with certain positions and who plays allies does the opposite?

Strafing run might be slightly too powerful and fast but it also fails very easily vs enemy in orange cover, it's also up to the map and its length. it can be shot down

Bombing run gives you the red smoke so you know that you have to move your units, it throws 4 bombs which not always hit, it also depends on the map. it can be shot down

Howitzer and 88 both have an insane range, the former is deadly vs infantry, the latter monstruos vs tanks, you can decrew both easily using offmap-v1-firestorm-anyform of arty you have, howitzer offers no resistance but can be placed far behind enemy lines, 88 is harder too decrw with an assault but is nearer to enemy lines.

Offmap artillery is a t4 and you said it... (when I asked why assaults were so deadly they told me "well it's a t3 and you have to buy it on all your units" -only volks-)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 05:21:57 am »

Bombing run gives you the red smoke so you know that you have to move your units, it throws 4 bombs which not always hit, it also depends on the map. it can be shot down

Ever played against an AIR Superiority player on RTC/St.Lambert or any other narrow rectangular map? I take not else you would know that on these types of maps, which are pretty common, there is NO way in hell you will get away in time as it's red smoke + bombs instantly when the plane comes in horizontally.

You will also never get to shoot it down as it's approach path is way too short. (Shooting down only really works on long approaches with the AA gun being aligned directly facing the incoming airplane)

Strafing run might be slightly too powerful and fast but it also fails very easily vs enemy in orange cover
Good players know when to use their strafing run properly, plenty of moment in combat overall when the enemy is just advancing with a big or semi-blob.

Howitzer and 88 both have an insane range, the former is deadly vs infantry, the latter monstruos vs tanks, you can decrew both easily using offmap-v1-firestorm-anyform of arty you have, howitzer offers no resistance but can be placed far behind enemy lines, 88 is harder too decrw with an assault but is nearer to enemy lines.
Usually an issue as artillery is not as omnipresent on the axis side as it is on the allied side. Certainly not on-map artillery. Which leaves only the off-maps, spread across Terror (Firestorm and V1 - T3s) and Defensive (Rocket Artillery, T4 only)

Out of all that off-map artillery, rocket artillery is the only type of artillery you might effectively kill things with.
(But it's a T4 and therefore not that frequently seen)

Offmap artillery is a t4 and you said it
Comes with 2 uses at a T2 already (unlike rocket artillery for instance), then at T4 drops faster and gives 3 additional uses.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:23:33 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 05:55:57 am »

You dont eaven need to bring units out if Your Allies.

Think of this, 2 Inf with Howie and 2inf with air super duper pack....
Thats is INSANE

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
ssystem Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 05:57:49 am »

Time between shells also means time between the smoke and the first shell... so it's 1.5 seconds arty

No it doesn't.

Also, T4 arty is stacked on top of T2 arty which is probably the reason why there's 5 uses of it compared to the four uses of Rocket Artillery.
No it is, try it

ShockCoil
aloha628 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 06:46:49 am »

there much more OPed things than you think!
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 05:00:04 am »

I think t4 inf arty should lose the time reduction. 5 uses of regular arty is quite potent enough.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 12:33:01 pm »

nah.. the regular off map usually misses against any average micro´er..

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 12:37:58 pm »

Just like firestorm, rocket artillery and V1s then?
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 01:13:08 pm »

really i am tired of this 1 second arty, how come axis cant get something to co peat relay we have no major off map that can strike as fast as this and i am tired of losing my neble before i can move it not to mention my troops guarding it. i believe it ether needs a nerf in dmg or increase in time.

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 01:18:53 pm »

While our wont come down so fast, it has larger with, makes it more devistating to spread out pinned units.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 01:24:02 pm »

ya but ours takes 5 seconds an allied blob will almost always have moved before the arty can reach them. axis off map is only good versus fixed emplacements such as Howie's and is a waist if used on front line allied units.

but the allied off-map man that will stop an offensive in one shot as the Howie shots keep hitting the same area forcing you to break or die. with the 1 second arty your spear head should be all but gone.
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2008, 12:39:36 am »

I've used pretty much all the offmaps on both sides and yep, Allied Offmaps are pretty much superior. Rocket artillery comes close though, since it comes down pretty fast still.

Axis are more geared towards troop-buff abilities (ferocity, FTFL, Conviction) and Allies with more artillery capabilities (T4 arty, Air Sup, Howitzer buff, Calliope buff).

In absence of changes, just remember the golden rule folks:

Spread and Cover!
puddin7 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2008, 02:21:11 am »

Congatz donnieDark,
Still I bet 10$ or 5£  that you did not se the lvl T4 thing...

Yeas... He used T4 arty for 2 wars... but no.. A man that had used iit in over around 200-300 battles wouldn;t know much about it at all.  I am sure the ironey is not lost on your statement.... 

Ya know what tho Rocket artry, a t4, is absolutly amazing,.  1 Rocket Arty Player, completly nutralizes 1 callie player with 4 arty shots.  or any slow tank blob or infantry blobs, the suppression that stacks with the absolute destruction is the absolute best arty int he game.  Rocket arty might takw 1-2 extra seconds to hit, btu it finishes 10 secons earlier so if your in the blast radius when the 1rst shell hits, your already dead.
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 02:34:26 am »

Ya know what tho Rocket artry, a t4, is absolutly amazing,.  1 Rocket Arty Player, completly nutralizes 1 callie player with 4 arty shots. 

To expand on Puddin's point...

*See / Hear Calliope start firing*
*Use Defensive Tree Military Intelligence*
*Launch Rocket Artillery*
*GG Calliope*
GeneralSteve Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 12:31:01 pm »

I've used pretty much all the offmaps on both sides and yep, Allied Offmaps are pretty much superior. Rocket artillery comes close though, since it comes down pretty fast still.

Allied Offmap artillery seems to stack down the doctrine trees. Infantry T2 arty gets merged with Infantry T4 arty and the entire Airborne Air Superiority Tree just stacks to hell. So I would say it's only fair if the T4 ends up being superior merely based on the fact that the player has to give up a T2 or in the Airborne's case, the entire T1, T2, T3 abilities inexchange for some pretty ridiculous T4 options.

Axis artillery fire in very widespread patterns and typically with lower cooldown. This means a single artillery piece tends to not do so much versus its Allied counterpart but when you double the artillery pieces, you can reliably lay down several large AoE barrages in the span of a Howitzer's cooldown. What this essentially means is, a single Stuka will only be a minor annoynance but a pair of them can essentially dish out massive death whereas a single Howitzer can deal massive death but the margin of error is much higher.
Wildfire
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 02:45:18 pm »

Yes this is where the axis get a bonus over the allies. It takes 3-5 minutes (3 minutes t4, 5 t2 i think, i forget) for the allies offmap to cool down but it takes 60 seconds for rocket artillery and about the same for firestorm and v1s take a while but do a lot of damage and everyone is scared shitless of them.

callies and howitzers take a long time to reload even if they are devastating and axis artillery like the stuka take 60 seconds and nebels take like 2 miinute sor a minute half i forget but anywho. also, axis artillery gets building bonuses where a nebel or stuka shot can take a whole full health unit out in one shot, this happened to me one game in 2 straight barrages with a nebel but that rarely if every happens with allied artillery. in fact, ive seen sevearl times where ive gotten a full callie barrage on a church or chateau (i know how tough they are so shh) and the unit still has 1 or 2 people left in it.
Doce Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2008, 03:31:27 pm »

take a whole full health unit out in one shot...rarely if every happens with allied artillery.
Do you know what a Howitzer is?

"How many in a dozen, mofo?"
NAQOYQATSI Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2008, 06:08:03 pm »

I have lost count of how many times a howitzer has decimated my newly called in volks squad, leaving me with 1 or 0 guys
Wildfire
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 07:01:35 pm »

Howitzers rarely take out units in houses in one shot, maybe after its hit the house a few times but not just one random shot hitting the house and taking out a whole squad.

now, if you have a squad on the ground, yea duh, any artillery will decimate.
PPLA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 01:00:00 pm »

Howi's are easy to doge becasue once they open up there barrage is in a relatively small area where as nebels and stukas are harder to avoide becasue there shots are more random.  Howis are also alot eaiser to detroy becasue there stationary comapred to nebels and stukas which can move to avoid e off maps
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc