Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:27:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BotB mod Hotfix out now!!  (Read 15772 times)
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 02, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »

Happy New Year to all the EiR fans out there!

First off I'd like to say that EiR really set the benchmark for modding in CoH and we with BotB are grateful for what EiR achieved and the possibilities it opened up for the community!
EiR was rightfully ranked one of the top mods of 2007 on ModDB. And now we are asking your help for BotB to reach that goal in 2008

BotB is now ranked 364 out of more than 8,000 mods with over 2,000 downloads from ModDB only (our estimates including our own server and filefront are over 10,000)!!
We need your help to get into that top 100, please tell your friends, family, pets, nemisis, anyone who likes a good, accurate RTS and might enjoy our mod. Tell them to take advantage of all the great deals on CoH and CoH:OF (its even free with some GPUs!) and give it a try. Installation is simple with our new installer version and it won't interfere with your orginal CoH or EiR in any way whatsoever. Get onboard now and you will be ready for some of the things we have planned for 2009:
-A patch (coming soon) to fix the known bugs, some balance issues and add new maps
-A new version eliminating Base buildings (ala EiR), using company commanders to call in all units, based on historically accurate unit formations.
-Small single player scripted missions
-and more....

Learn more about Battle of the Bulge for CoH here:
http://botb.rtscentral.net

You can download BotB v2 here:
http://botb.rtscentral.net/download.html

Hotfix 2.0.1 out now (fixes many gameplay bugs including ubershrecks) Download it here!

And don't forget to vote for us as one of your favorite ModDB mods of the year!!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-of-the-bulge

Cheers!
TSkross BotB team member
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:29:06 pm by tskross » Logged
BradTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:36 pm »

-A new version eliminating Base buildings (ala EiR), using company commanders to call in all units, based on historically accurate unit formations.
Might have to give it another go.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »

Of al you said, you said nothing about the game

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
BradTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:03:25 pm »

Of al you said, you said nothing about the game
Because if you havn't played or heard of Botb you've probably been living in a cave for like 2 years.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 01:08:56 pm »

And if you dont shut the fuck up i make you live in a cave for 2 years Wink
I know about the mod... Thats dose not mean eavry one dose
I am Loayal to EiR

"tell your friends about this game!!!"

Ok, what the fuck is the game then? what shall we tell, what is so new in BotB?
Jesus man, get a grip, nice pic tho, still it dose not say any more what the games dose,
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 01:15:01 pm »

Awesome picture =)!
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:19:26 pm »

My bad I forgot,
For those of you who would like to know more about this mod please visit our website
http://botb.rtscentral.net/
and our forums
http://botb.fiffa.net/index.php

Grin

(p.s. thanks unkn0wn!)
Wildfire
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 03:09:48 pm »

you mean the mod that was just linked by Killer Shocked

i <3 botb personally. some things need to be toned down, like having to use so many munitions on things but other than that, it's fun.

imho, grenades should be free but have a use limit.
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 03:55:28 pm »

@Wildfire,
There has been much discussion about both of these issues on our forums, all I can say is keep your eyes open for the next release...
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 03:58:46 pm »

tskross,  nice picture!  With the elimination of base-building I'll definitely have to check it out.

Good luck on your ModDB goal.

And as to Akranadas' "No pimping your mods", I moved this thread to the "Other Games" forum.

Cheers.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 04:02:51 pm »

Thanks Kolath
MysthalinTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 04:35:22 pm »

BoTB...
Would be a decent mod, if not for the uber-pro realism thing. Just becomes unfun with borked balance, really.
Infantry is pretty much obsolete in the game, with HMGs being so raping, and it's tankspam all the way. Actually, it's allied tank spam ftw, axis tanks can't live up to the M36, which is way out of whack. 2 shooting a KT with it having no time to react is just not cool. You get 2-3 M36s and 2 Shermans for some "woah shit" support and it's gg....
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 04:47:09 pm »

have you played much as US?
because I hear just as many complaints from allied players saying that early axis armor is OP
the KT thing is old hat, if you have scouts (or infantry out in front of) your armor you can win.
Yes it strives to be accurate, you just have to adjust your playing style to fit, you can't just roll your armor down the middle expecting to take out everything that comes your way. You have to take into account terrain, cover and line of fire, especially with the KT since its so slow and has a low turret rotation rate. Plus AT guns all have the ambush ability and can go into camo, which can devastate armor with first hit kills (if you place them well)
The same thing with infantry, you have to use cover, plus now being able to use special abilities (including at) while garrisoned makes them way more effective, especially in urban situations. Of course infantry will get mowed down by mgs in the open, but put them in a trench, a building, or better yet keep them out of the line of fire by using scouts with their binoculars (which are very important in BotB) to counter this...
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 04:55:34 pm »

One little problem - allies get scouts just like the axis, so if both of the tank blobs see each other at the same time - allied tank blob wins due to better turret rotation. Pretty much the only cost effective tank is the Pz4. StuGs have become plain useless. Plus, I believe the M36 outranges any axis tank, correct me if I'm wrong.
AT guns are "decent", but arty in BoTB is buffed... a lot.
Infantry are obsolete on the whole. Maybe without basebuilding it has become different, but the way to win in the previous BOTB was to get armor ASAP. Any kind of armor - early infantry just to cap, who gets the first tank wins. The building system is a bit borked - cloaking in buildings only works as far as not showign the actual unit inside the building, but still shows the building as "occupied". That's pretty.. unfinished.
So... all in all, the previous versions of BotB and their epic balance issues are what is keeping me from trying this one. Sure, it's a fun toy for half a week... but is it worth downloading?
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 05:22:49 pm »

Like I said before, it simply takes an adjustment in play (for instance the way armor works now, stugs are not as effective offensively against armor, but in an ambush role, with good scouting and lines of sight they can be very effective)
I'm not saying you don't have valid arguments (some of which are being addressed in the upcoming patch)
But a couple of points,
*the M36 is powerful (it had a high velocity 90mm gun) but it has weak armor
*arty is buffed (it is the ardennes campaign after all), but it costs muni to use it at all, so it becomes a tactical decision of when and where to use it.
*I agree that early allied infantry (esp infantry doctrine) is UP against axis armor, but other doctrines and axis have access to AT early game, plus you have to have infantry to keep territory sectors, armor can't capture or hold territory with ATC
*yes there are still some kinks to be ironed out in the building system, but we're working on them, this was the first time this was attempted

Having said that, I would encourage you to go to our forums and post your opinions there, they will be considered for future patches, we need to know what people think about the mod, good and bad. Plus this isn't really the place to get into a balance discussion as its the EiR forum

as for being worth downloading, well obviously you can predict what my answer is...of course yes  Wink
but really, if you enjoy CoH and want to try something different (which chances are you do if your on these forums) then why not? The modding community needs to support each other, the modders and the people who play mods, because that's what keeps it going.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 06:11:09 pm »

Ah so the no base building is not out yet?
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »

Unfortunately not
I know I can't wait for it either!!
but its pretty much just halftrack doing the coding right now so it may take awhile  Undecided
Mysthalin_Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 06:53:45 pm »

Well... to be honest the M36 is the only thing really putting me off the most. I love arty personaly, so it's not a problem there (was) much of it. But the M36 just threw balance out the window. Sure, it dies to one tank shell... but so does any other tank out there. And with superior range and turning speeds... Also the fact it costs 360 MP 60 FU just made no sence it was so effective. You just overdid it with the realism, is all :S.
BTW, you forget one thing about the realism part - calliopes. There were aparently none in the Ardenes Offensive, and only 1 in the whole war... Or so I've heard?
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 07:20:58 pm »

hmmm...you raise an interesting point
There were actually a few different variants on the calliope, from 44 on, and they were part of the 1st and 2nd armored divisions throughout the rest of the war. There isn't much documentation of how well they performed but the launchers would ( allegedly) deteriorate after just a few uses...But there were quite a few of them and records show that they saw action in "europe" and the pacific
I believe the M36 will be getting a nerf in the next update (you're not the only one who has brought this up) I know that 57mm ATs will definitely be getting nerfed, as they currently can one shot frontal armor on KTs (it was originally done this way to give the AI a fighting chance because the AI doesn't understand flanking shots and always places AT directly in front of armor)
Wildfire
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 07:31:10 pm »

another issue i have is that the infantry company has no real good infantry anti tank. armor gets the mech inf which can upgrade to zooks and the Ab get zook team and all axis docts get scheck team but infantry get pretty much raped by armor, i know ther's rangers and combat engineers, but combat engineers only have one and it's not very good and rangers, well they're better off tackling armor. I'd like to see Riflemen be able to upgrade with zooks maybe, which imo wouldn't be imba cuz zooks suck vs front armor and would be a good counter to early axis armor for infantry side since stickies being 35 mp aren't a really effective solution.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc