Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:25:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BotB mod Hotfix out now!!  (Read 15795 times)
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:44 pm »

yeah its a known issue that infantry co is under powered
and again i believe that issue will be addressed in the next patch
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 07:59:32 pm »

I've cleaned up this thread and removed the blatant trolling posts.

Good Luck tskross with the Mod of the Year award, it's great to see a actual playable Company of Heroes mod going for the award. Halftrack and the rest of you guys deserve it the most.
SnarksTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 09:00:50 pm »

Heh, that's pretty cool. Didn't know EiR had that much influence. Did by any chance, members of the BotB team, happen to play on EiR? I've cast my vote as well.
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 09:42:41 pm »

@arkanandas thanks, that means a lot coming from you

@snark Of course EiR was an influence! And I'm sure many of the members have played, myself, although I've always wanted to try it (I loved the close combat series and persistant combat) do not have a sufficient internet connection  Cry
Wildfire
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 10:45:58 pm »

hey tskross...what do you think of omg and do u mind them having some of the same units that botb have? i.e. 105 sherman, easy eight, jumbo sherman
Dr.Nick2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 10:48:23 pm »

Your brave for posting here tskross lol, mainly because I believe the EiR/OMG community is the most knowledgeable community when it comes to balance, even if we chew people out for it. I think it's just natural that people are going to bring up their complaints here heh. After all. We're used to it because if we talk enough and make a good enough argument then things are fixed here in EiR and OMG unliked most mods or games
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 12:11:57 am »

hey tskross...what do you think of omg and do u mind them having some of the same units that botb have? i.e. 105 sherman, easy eight, jumbo sherman

Well, those are historical units so one can't really complain there.  If you mean using BotB models, that is a different story and you should go to their forums to ask.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 12:15:53 am »

Your brave for posting here tskross lol, mainly because I believe the EiR/OMG community is the most knowledgeable community when it comes to balance, even if we chew people out for it. I think it's just natural that people are going to bring up their complaints here heh. After all. We're used to it because if we talk enough and make a good enough argument then things are fixed here in EiR and OMG unliked most mods or games

I'd have to disagree with you on saying this community knows the most when it comes to balance. Where as We (EIR) aim to maintain all of the original Company of Heroes unit balance, Mods such as BotB aim to introduce new game play elements and units into the mix; thwoinga spanner into the works in terms of balance with a CoH view point. I honestly can say, that no one in this community has an idea on how to balance a mod such as BotB or any mod which aims to add newer units and elements into the mixture, mainly due to their idea and view points being tainted by a more vCOH world.

As far as I am concern, BotB and CoH are nearly two completely different game play experiences; even though they share much in common. If the BotB team were to apply a vCoH ideal to Balance which this community seems to want to continuously, they would end up losing what makes their mod so unique and stand out from the rest of the mods in the community.

BotB team has shown that, while they care about what their fans think, they won't sacrifice their vision to make people happy, which I commend and respect them for.  Even with people who ''hate'' BotB, you can not deny that it is possibly the most popular COH mod there is, probably second only to the Advanced AI mod; there is a reason for this and it goes beyond simple skins.
Dr.Nick2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 12:36:23 am »

I disagree
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 01:26:58 am »

I disagree

Why do you disagree?
Wildfire
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 01:50:23 am »

EIR people are more dedicated to balancing out EIR not vcoh in  generel. Even though it uses the same stats, the modifiers that are are used for doctrines are different than what was intended for the game. Therefore...who the fuck cares about balance, as long as its fun and botb is fun.
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 07:17:37 am »

Wow!
ok I go to bed and now there is a whole debate going on!!
OK one at a time hee....
Of course I don't mind, if you are planning on using the actual models ask halftrack either at relic news or at our forums (see the first post)

We also take seriously the considerations of our community and many new elements have come from community suggestions, mgs in trenches, at from buildings, improved tank combat...I like coming to these forums for exactly that reason, there seems to be a higher ratio of 'intelligent' discussions going on here than on many others

As far as I am concern, BotB and CoH are nearly two completely different game play experiences; even though they share much in common. If the BotB team were to apply a vCoH ideal to Balance which this community seems to want to continuously, they would end up losing what makes their mod so unique and stand out from the rest of the mods in the community.

Thanks Arkanandas, and I should also point out that botb is designed to be able to be played equally well in skirmish and multiplayer (although this means a constant ironing out of kinks) so some of the balance issues that are important to EiR players may not be entirely possible with Botb because the Ai needs to be able to understand and use the units, doctrines and abilities

EIR people are more dedicated to balancing out EIR not vcoh in  generel. Even though it uses the same stats, the modifiers that are are used for doctrines are different than what was intended for the game. Therefore...who the fuck cares about balance, as long as its fun and botb is fun.

And of course that is the bottom line...fun!!

What is the whole point of modding? To me it isn't simply to tweak things in a game to make it fit one's personal preference (there is nothing wrong with that, its just not the be-all end-all of modding) It is to take an existing game or engine and do something creative and enjoyable with it. To make something that exists outside of the original game on its own concept and execution, that hopefully, people will enjoy playing!
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 08:36:39 am »

The whole point of modding is to make you're own dreams come alive, like a Calliope that has been turned into a rapid fire flame thrower.  Grin

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 09:18:18 am »

Not if you're modding for a big public that comes from vCOH and generally wants to stay close to vCOH. (Like EIR.)
UnLimiTeDTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 10:53:53 am »

Botb was fun for a week for me....
7 dead volks created a new volks squad....
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 11:25:46 am »

When infantry are worthless and tank spam is set against you, I would not call that fun.

Voting for Botb? Nope.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
UnLimiTeDTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 11:47:51 am »

hey, get that bunker, get some volks, let them die, they will spread like rabbits  Grin
I have to admit , the only thing I ever liked about the mod was i could get that sturmtiger to blow away the bobs of teammates blocking brigdes....
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:10 pm »

hey, get that bunker, get some volks, let them die, they will spread like rabbits
In the new version? Hasn't happened to me...
I know I'm not going to convince anyone who has already made up their mind, and thats fine, you can't make everyone happy all the time.
But we feel we have done a good job of listening to our community and coming up with a good balance between armor and infantry. One needs the other, unsupported infantry will be easy fodder for heavy weapons, but armor alone, with its highly limited sight range can be easily knocked out by any number of AT options...

We take a careful look at the feedback we get and it has been overwhelmingly positive since the V.2 release
But don't take my word for it, download (see firast post) it if you haven't played and try it
 Grin
UnLimiTeDTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 12:43:29 pm »

I think I might give it a try, but my vote belongs to the competition. Cheesy
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 02:08:17 pm »

You can vote for more than one!!
I did!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print