Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 04:17:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Board Mechanics.  (Read 35541 times)
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 09:27:38 am »

it's called luck, killer.
And seriously, I couldn't care less about Dual Rocket Rack calliopes - you need skill to use one properly, just randomly artying = congrats on having to wait 4 minutes with a unit that costs 9 popcap and costs 1,3rd of your fuel totale to kill 2 volks.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:09 am »

You are still wrong about the healing rates Cheesy

Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:43 am »

You are still wrong about the rates Cheesy
You're best off just telling us them, rather than pretending to know them Tongue.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 02:24:34 pm »

You are still wrong about the healing rates

Well you could tell us that instead of having us work off of incorrect values.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:18 pm »

onboard cinda suck all alone o.O
 its when engineers are whit them and repairing, v1 gives 50 rep /i maybe remember someones bum/
This yust give godlike repairs.

Eir customer support staff.
BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 05:00:10 pm »

If OB gets nerffed, then I want GS/HEAT to get nerffed as well.

I think that HEAT Rounds is fine. It is only a minor buff in the end. It makes Axis tanks infantry killers where they lack at. P4 is the only tank so far that works as a ALL AROUND unit for Axis due to its decent inf status. With HEAT rounds it blows infantry to pieces. NO MORE INF RUSHING ON TANKS!
It is ridiciles when allies rangers just runs to P4 and one shots it with a ranger or AB blob. With HEAT rounds that P4 can at least fight back and blow that blob to hell. Besides its not a huge buff...only 25% more dmg and 15% more penetration. Makes a Panther a killer but panther isn't anti infantry tank unlike lovely Tiger and Ostwind...mhmm...HEAT rounded Ostwind is one son of a bitch when it gets to vet 2.

Anyway. For Repair bunkers they COST and even if you can share them its no biggy...

-Armor. CALLIOPE THEM!
-Airborne. SATCHEL THEM!
-Infantry. HOWY or OFFMAP THEM!

Onboard Mechanics= Free and non-stop and Constant. It repairs quite fast for my taste...I mean c'mon you hurt a Sherman and in no time it comes back and one shots a Gren squad w00t!
I think Repair Bunkers and HEAT rounds are fine...

For German Steel, now its pretty biggy and makes tanks God like in health and penetration. No more Ranger blob or AB Blob one shotting a tank...is German Steel made just to counter Tank Reapers? I don't know...
German Steel is bad ass and could use 5% nerf on health, penetration I think it is fine

....Heat rounds is ridiculous and it affects every tank (ostwind included) and doesn't make them just better against infantry but the bonus's carry over to armored targets as well. What I'm saying here is that OB is fine, there are ways to counter it, the tanks aren't any stronger, they just have slightly more staying power in the hands of a smart player. I guarantee that all of these threads are based off of a single game against a really fucking good player. I have no problem with HEAT rounds, in the hands of HV, I do because he is fucking good and HEAT makes him that much stronger.

You kill onboard mechanics by chasing down retreating armor, killing it with stormie shreks, or just straight up ambushing them and killing the units before they can leave. If you get attacked, damage the sherman, let it get away, don't do anything for 5 mins while it heals, then let it come back yeah it looks overpowered, because you're not fucking doing anything progressive to kill the tanks. With OB the game changes, you can't let armor get away you need to kill it. Just like with a HEAT round tank, you are going to take more casualties then usual to kill it. Or like with any game with a RB, if they have a rb and there is a 1/4 health P4, you do everything in your power to kill the fucking thing because it will get repaired and come back.

I also find it humerous then when there is a auto heal ability tied to a specific type of unit, a specific doctrine and a specific T4, but when there is universal self vet 1 healing to all axis infantry that is useless because there is not enough time to heal a unit do to non stop action, yet the non stop action does not appear in a game with a player with OB...paradox no?

MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 05:50:26 am »

A tank damaged to half health loses no combat effectiveness and OBM heals it all back. Even if it loses some combat effectiveness(Main gun destroyed), it is healed back with OBM as well.
Universal infantry healing at vet 1 does not bring back dead people.
Incomparable things.

You do realise that with OBM + a vet 2 engineer a Pershing heals at 3,3-3,5 HP/s? If you can still argue that healing faster than 4 repair bunkers and a pioneer isn't OP... especially since 2 HP/s of that is constant(even mid-battle), and requires absolutely no pop, as well as heals several units at the same time...
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 06:07:45 am »

If OB gets nerffed, then I want GS/HEAT to get nerffed as well.

I think that HEAT Rounds is fine. It is only a minor buff in the end. It makes Axis tanks infantry killers where they lack at. P4 is the only tank so far that works as a ALL AROUND unit for Axis due to its decent inf status. With HEAT rounds it blows infantry to pieces. NO MORE INF RUSHING ON TANKS!
It is ridiciles when allies rangers just runs to P4 and one shots it with a ranger or AB blob. With HEAT rounds that P4 can at least fight back and blow that blob to hell. Besides its not a huge buff...only 25% more dmg and 15% more penetration. Makes a Panther a killer but panther isn't anti infantry tank unlike lovely Tiger and Ostwind...mhmm...HEAT rounded Ostwind is one son of a bitch when it gets to vet 2.

Anyway. For Repair bunkers they COST and even if you can share them its no biggy...

-Armor. CALLIOPE THEM!
-Airborne. SATCHEL THEM!
-Infantry. HOWY or OFFMAP THEM!

Onboard Mechanics= Free and non-stop and Constant. It repairs quite fast for my taste...I mean c'mon you hurt a Sherman and in no time it comes back and one shots a Gren squad w00t!
I think Repair Bunkers and HEAT rounds are fine...

For German Steel, now its pretty biggy and makes tanks God like in health and penetration. No more Ranger blob or AB Blob one shotting a tank...is German Steel made just to counter Tank Reapers? I don't know...
German Steel is bad ass and could use 5% nerf on health, penetration I think it is fine

....Heat rounds is ridiculous and it affects every tank (ostwind included) and doesn't make them just better against infantry but the bonus's carry over to armored targets as well. What I'm saying here is that OB is fine, there are ways to counter it, the tanks aren't any stronger, they just have slightly more staying power in the hands of a smart player. I guarantee that all of these threads are based off of a single game against a really fucking good player. I have no problem with HEAT rounds, in the hands of HV, I do because he is fucking good and HEAT makes him that much stronger.

You kill onboard mechanics by chasing down retreating armor, killing it with stormie shreks, or just straight up ambushing them and killing the units before they can leave. If you get attacked, damage the sherman, let it get away, don't do anything for 5 mins while it heals, then let it come back yeah it looks overpowered, because you're not fucking doing anything progressive to kill the tanks. With OB the game changes, you can't let armor get away you need to kill it. Just like with a HEAT round tank, you are going to take more casualties then usual to kill it. Or like with any game with a RB, if they have a rb and there is a 1/4 health P4, you do everything in your power to kill the fucking thing because it will get repaired and come back.

I also find it humerous then when there is a auto heal ability tied to a specific type of unit, a specific doctrine and a specific T4, but when there is universal self vet 1 healing to all axis infantry that is useless because there is not enough time to heal a unit do to non stop action, yet the non stop action does not appear in a game with a player with OB...paradox no?

Yes chasing down retreatng tanks is really easy when stickies are actually useful in this game.  Not to mention charging your tank blindly into the fog of war chasing a retreating tank is a good way to get owned by an AT gun, god knows how many times I've beaten two shermans with a single P4 by retreating into a pak.

Heat rounds is 25% more damage on tanks and 15% more penetration, compared to NGV which is 25% faster rof and 50% faster turret rotation.   Not exactly overpowered.

Repair bunkers repair much slower than onboard mechanics, and can only repair one vehicle at a time, plus there are numerous ways to kill them.   Offmap howie, calliope, satchel, etc.  In addition they take up pop cap, where as onboard does not.

As the previous poster already stated, regen doesn't bring back dead infantry.   In addition, infantry has a much harder time retreating compared to tanks.  Tanks can easilly pursue infantry, the vice versa is not true.  And you cannot suppress tanks with a MG, suppressive fire, strafe, the list goes on and on.

Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 06:15:45 am »

I think the primary problem is that OBM repairs crits first. This makes it nearly impossible to just hunt it down, because the damn engine insta-repairs all the time.

And the repair rate is wack. Killing a sherman using OBM using a PIV, damn near impossible, heals as much as you hurt it (almost)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 06:30:59 am »

And the repair rate is wack. Killing a sherman using OBM using a PIV, damn near impossible, heals as much as you hurt it (almost)

kthxbye

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 06:32:07 am »

I still don't believe OBM repairs at 1.33 HP/S at all. That would definitely be a bug tbh.

Let's not exaggerate, if the sherman doesn't get to escape in time it will die just as easy as it always does. The effects of OBM are pretty insignificant during combat.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:34:36 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 06:42:53 am »

it doesn't heal as much as you hurt.
And unkn0wn, make an OBM company, I'll be glad to test it with you.
Shrek dmg - 120/shot. You let me rear armor you at point blank, then count the seconds needed.
If it's a bug - it needs to be fixed. If the fix can come in a nerf, I'm alright with that.
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 06:45:56 am »

We have entered the longestpostwins stage of the debate have we? I have been reading all day, keep it short.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blriot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 06:46:16 am »

Lol, I have had tons of OBM companies. I'm pointing out that it was never intended to repair at such rate if it does.
And Lai also confirmed that  1.33HP/S is not the real repair rate.
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 06:49:05 am »

have you ever bothered to count?
I have.
Lai only said "you all suck, I knowz best!"
If it's not intended to be like that - FIX!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 06:50:47 am »

Stop whining about it, I'm sure it'll be adressed eventually. I doubt it'll be adressed before EIRR comes out however.  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:59:38 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 06:54:47 am »

I never said you sucked. I'm willing to share my thoughts under the right circumstances.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 06:59:57 am »

Lai told me.  Cheesy
Wildfire
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 07:30:26 am »

this thread fails. it will all get changes soon so y bother
MysthalinBlitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 08:02:37 am »

I never said you sucked. I'm willing to share my thoughts under the right circumstances.
I know, still stop keeping us in suspense or telling us to PM you.
Tell us.
I'm sure what rates I said is not borked.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc