Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:41:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sniper vs Hans  (Read 23218 times)
Absolution Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2009, 06:16:01 pm »

Stuka does not do damage over time.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2009, 10:41:30 am »

2/3 of the American doctrines have those.  Even my raid assault AB company has 2 strafes, and any armor player with a brain has scout.

Ok, that's wrong, wrong wrong.

If you are playing Raidborne, you need your 2 t3s to be Drop Readiness (so you dont have to wait 30+ seconds for your squads to arrive) and Raid (so you can get raid assault). That leaves you with 2 t2 options, which are a 30% discount or grenades, or a SINGLE STRAFING RUN. (you get 1 more strafing run and 1 bombing run at t3, and 2 more strafes and 2 more bombing runs at t4 of the air superiority tree) Any player with a brain will take the nade discount.

Stuka does not do damage over time.

I am pretty sure it does if it ignites the terrain, the same way an exploded flamethrower does.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:46:50 am by DuckOfDoom » Logged
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2009, 10:46:00 am »

2/3 of the American doctrines have those.  Even my raid assault AB company has 2 strafes, and any armor player with a brain has scout.

Ok, that's wrong, wrong wrong.

If you are playing Raidborne, you need your 2 t3s to be Drop Readiness (so you dont have to wait for 30+ seconds for your squads to arrive) and Raid (so you can get raid assault). That leaves you with 2 t2 options, which are a 30% discount or grenades, or a SINGLE STRAFING RUN. Any player with a brain will take the nade discount.

If you don't take drop readiness, your other T3 can be advanced strafing run, which gives 2 strafing and 1 bombing run.

Drop Readiness is nice to have, but players who can compensate for the time difference can do without it without major impact.

no, stuka does  trust me man. It damaged me i know for sure. i was standing in it.

Stuka = flame effect, but NO damage over time.
Nebel = flame effect, damage over time.
Firestorm = flame effect, damage over time.

ontopic: Isn't this about snipers? =x
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:54:22 am by MistenTH » Logged
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2009, 10:52:26 am »

Well, in regard of the above, I think that the whole point of raid assault is to exploit weak points in the enemy formation or to prevent them from setting up defenses, which would be considerably harder for the former with a huge time delay (10-20 seconds depending on the time of the call in) and nearly impossible for the latter. Since airborne are expensive specialized troops, I would rather focus on doctrines that enhance their specialty over the general support (unless its an air force battalion that specializes in support)
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2009, 10:56:02 am »

(unless its an air force battalion that specializes in support)

This secondary point you bring up can be a consideration for some airborne commanders. I've seen some airborne players go this route for the additional punch air support provides when their own weapons are insufficient.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 12:39:23 pm »

misten, i understand what u mean about stukas but it still damaged my sniper. How can u tell me that it doesn't do it when it happened to me in game? i wisih i had the replay so u can see it but im telling u. a stuka fired and there was a fire effect and as my sniper was running away, ran through the fire (after barrage was gone) and got damaged down to near death. I wouldn't lie about it to make a point.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Raddish Offline
The one who wasnt what was
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2009, 01:19:14 pm »

something else MUST have been there to damage him

BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2009, 01:22:10 pm »

misten, i understand what u mean about stukas but it still damaged my sniper. How can u tell me that it doesn't do it when it happened to me in game? i wisih i had the replay so u can see it but im telling u. a stuka fired and there was a fire effect and as my sniper was running away, ran through the fire (after barrage was gone) and got damaged down to near death. I wouldn't lie about it to make a point.
No offense but your digging your own grave, you are so wrong, IT DOES NO DAMAGE.
puddin4 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:20 pm »

look it does a very slight dmg.  Iff your abot to die you will as in 1/50th of ur health left u will die, anything beyond that u will live. 
Malevolence2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2009, 02:30:19 pm »

The actual fire itself does not damage, but the impact damage has a very large area of effect beyond the explosion and the damage from the rocket's explosion lasts longer than the explosion itself, if barely.

The fire did not damage your sniper.
Snarks Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04:19 am »

Hans misses more often his shots than Allied Sniper. He misses even units that aren't even vet.
Allied Sniper costs few MP more that is agreed.
Should it cost more or less?
Yes, and the Allied Sniper misses just as much as the Axis Sniper against units that aren't vet 1. Both weapons have exactly the same stats aside from Springfield being inferior in cooldown.
What I want is, Why Sniper Hans sucks?

It dies to a AT Gun.

It dies to 1 howy shot because 1 howy shot always lands on his feet etc

Yes, and Sniper Dave dies to a Pak Gun. It's just as not as common with vet.

Sniper Dave dies to a large rocket.

With Howitzer barrages, keep in mind when they'll be able to fire. Then decamo and run when a barrage starts firing. Artillery can kill your Sniper, but if you can effective avoid the barrages, then your opponents are wasting their barrages.

I'm not Minehold... I punctuate on my forum posts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc