Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:44:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moddb.com Top 100 of 2008  (Read 12608 times)
fldash Offline
Founder

« on: January 18, 2009, 07:38:52 pm »

As many of you know we were selected in 2007 for the Editor's Choice award at Moddb.com.  The time has come once again to cast your votes.  The task is a simple one, register for Moddb.com (registration is quick and easy, requiring only a valid email address), then visit this link: http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100

Once there, simply expand the Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts link, and click 'Vote' beside Europe In Ruins.

As you vote, I ask you to remember the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into Europe In Ruins since January of 2007 by fldash and the team he assembled.  We were the first to offer a battle launcher, persistency, trucks capable of building weapons on the battlefield, auto-territory capture , MCP victory conditions, and maps designed specifically for the unique style of gameplay offered by a persistent mod.

We are the innovators not the imitators.

Continuing the innovation, we'd like to let you know that Europe In Ruins: Reinforcements is getting closer.  EIR:R will continue to march along the path of innovation and press forward by creating new ways to battle, build, and play our wonderful game. The future holds many great and powerful additions to our established modification, so continue to check for updates in the coming months for a whole host of exciting new prospects.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:42:21 pm by fldash » Logged
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 08:07:37 pm »

*Akranadas raises a glass.

Here, Here.

Without Fldash and his team, the whole Company of Heroes persistancy mod thing probably wouldn't exist, lets show him our support and thank him and his team for opening up a newer version of Company of Heroes that we still enjoy so much.
Crono Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:37:59 pm »

While FL- should be commended for his work creating EIR, it should also be noted that he did walk away and never look back.  Its also unfortunate that when players stood up and asked to continue work on something we all enjoy, they were met with suspicion and criticism.  This of course led to a splitting of the community, and when others go on to make a mod that is complete in respects to vCoH, they are attacked for doing this.  I am sorry, but when the proprietor of this mod leaves and doesnt look back, and then to come back after others replicate the mod for the community and say things are being stolen, is just downright wrong, immoral, and plainly very childish. 

I have no ill will toward anyone here.  I am just saying what alot of us feel.  FL- and team should have put things aside and worked with the OMG devs.  It would have been a greater benefit for everyone had that happened.  I hope EIR goes on to be great, but as for me, you have a lost a player because of the stagnation of EIR being the same for so long. 

Cya guys.
Crono

I will hide this........giant gun.

Pak-38 commander when going into cloak
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:07 pm »

Crono summarised some of my thoughts too.

Also, who wrote your post fl-? It is not exactly written in first person.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 11:18:12 pm »

100% fldash post  Grin

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:22:22 pm »

While FL- should be commended for his work creating EIR, it should also be noted that he did walk away and never look back.  Its also unfortunate that when players stood up and asked to continue work on something we all enjoy, they were met with suspicion and criticism.  This of course led to a splitting of the community, and when others go on to make a mod that is complete in respects to vCoH, they are attacked for doing this.  I am sorry, but when the proprietor of this mod leaves and doesnt look back, and then to come back after others replicate the mod for the community and say things are being stolen, is just downright wrong, immoral, and plainly very childish. 

I have no ill will toward anyone here.  I am just saying what alot of us feel.  FL- and team should have put things aside and worked with the OMG devs.  It would have been a greater benefit for everyone had that happened.  I hope EIR goes on to be great, but as for me, you have a lost a player because of the stagnation of EIR being the same for so long. 

Cya guys.
Crono

Crono, while I understand where you are coming from, you seem to be somewhat uninformed on some of the details regarding a lot of what happened over the past year.

I was actually the first one that approached fldash about taking over the mod work long before the OMG developers did, even longer before Salan got his chance, I had a plan, told him where I wanted to take the mod and what have you; but ultimately this modification is fldash's project and it is he who picks who he thinks is best for the growth of the modification, not who puts their hand up first. It just so happened that it took a couple of months before he found that right individual to lead the charge and continue the development of EIR (what your seeing now).

Sure, you could feel scorned or betrayed because fldash decided not to follow with you, but in the end; it's what best for the mod and that is what matters the most.

This ModDB competition isn't about what mod has the best history or what have you. It's about which mod is the most innovative and which mod brings something new to the game its based upon.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 11:27:29 pm »

Personally, Its all done for free.  FL and every Dev/ tester has done more than anyone else here who just plays it and cares only about how their company builds work.  

I enjoy the people who have made EIR, and even played some games with Fl outside EIR.  Personally, everyone here works hard to see its done, and they do it for fun, for free, and with no one to answer to but themselves.  So until people learn coding, Texures, mapping, or anything else, Stop, Pause, And throw the negitives out.

Edited for the love of speligning
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:30:01 pm by EIRRMod » Logged

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
DerangedGerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 11:28:34 pm »

I stand corrected. Dasnoob is right. If I could edit my post, and I can't for some reason, I would remove my comment.

Mod action: You should be able to edit your post... but since you asked, I deleted it for you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:10:30 am by Kolath » Logged

Proud mapper for both OMG and EIR.
Nasdaq Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 11:33:02 pm »

I'm gonna agree wholeheartedly with Crono here. There seems to be alot of things flying around and comments like "imitators not innovators" is just childish. OMG has innovated in many things. And to deny what you're saying is essentially that OMG is just imitating is a low and untrue blow.

I'm done with EiR too, I think. I was already getting fed up with many of the balance problems and whatnot, but the attitude of the staff is what drove me away.
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 12:35:05 am »

100% fldash post  Grin
Seriously, it sounds like someone is throwing credit around here.

We were the first
our wonderful game
My respects go to fl- as the community happens to be playing EiR, not EiR:R yet. And no information has been released to excite those who give a shit.  Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 03:02:27 am »

Have no idea what you mean *shrug*

And no information has been released to excite those who give a shit.   Wink
The quiet time is for a reason.  There have been so many core changes that getting the community excited about something that may or may not be in, is not good PR.

However, there will be an update very soon, and we're confident you will be impressed.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 03:11:08 am »

I'm gonna agree wholeheartedly with Crono here. There seems to be alot of things flying around and comments like "imitators not innovators" is just childish. OMG has innovated in many things. And to deny what you're saying is essentially that OMG is just imitating is a low and untrue blow.

I'm done with EiR too, I think. I was already getting fed up with many of the balance problems and whatnot, but the attitude of the staff is what drove me away.
Wasn't the point of OMG to imitate EIR because it wasn't going anywhere? I don't think the OMG devs have ever denied that. Of course there are differences.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 03:53:21 am »

i still feel that eir will be the more popular mod because of stability and name recognition. Also being connected with corsix on his page doesn't hurt. That being said, I love eir and i know nothing about the rift between the omg devs and eir so i wont say anything but i have my suspicions about certain things and i dont like how it all went, but in the end, i support both mods but the majority of my support will always go to eir. YOu've done a good work fl and i think i've voted at least 5 times Wink

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 04:26:28 am »

EiR was active in 2008. OMG was just officially released to the public in 2009. EiR:R is supposed to be released in 2009. Hence I'm voting for EiR in 2008.

What I'll vote for in 2009 will depend on my experience, but I'll definitely be trying out both mods.

The "split" does seem unfortunate due to some duplication of efforts, and the extended time it took before any progress was made, but well, I've eagerly anticipated a lot of games and mods before that promised a lot but never appeared.

So being made into a fan of persistent RTS, having both OMG and EiR:R to try out is great. But in 2008, there was EiR.
gungunx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:48 am »

Have no idea what you mean *shrug*

And no information has been released to excite those who give a shit.   Wink
The quiet time is for a reason.  There have been so many core changes that getting the community excited about something that may or may not be in, is not good PR.

However, there will be an update very soon, and we're confident you will be impressed.

we are awaiting on that update from february 2008 Wink
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 04:42:09 am »

Well thats part an update the real one is coming soon, somtimes great work takes time  Grin

MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 05:02:41 am »

we are awaiting on that update from february 2008 Wink
MistenTH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 05:03:41 am »

OMG stupid IE8 can't post properly without it posting prematurely. And my modify button disappeared. Yea, what gungun said Smiley

Well thats part an update the real one is coming soon, somtimes great work takes time  Grin

Yea, feels like it might happen this time :p
doink9731 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:47:49 am »

Thank god someone set that straight in such a concise and magnanimous statement.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 07:57:54 am »

Hi guys.  I did write that first post.  I wrote it in third person because while I'm helping development as I can these days, I'm still not taking the lead developer role, that is LuciferNZs.  I have taken the role of project owner.

Furthermore, what Akranadas said is true.  He was the first to approach me.  However, I wanted to hand select who I wanted to continue the project.  I'm sorry some feelings got hurt in that process.  That said, after seeing the development on both sides (well, what's public from the other one), I'm happy with my choice and I think the community will be as well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:02:59 am by fldash » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc