Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 03:28:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This community is too small for players to be dodging each other.  (Read 3152 times)
FingerTrapped2
« on: January 24, 2009, 03:30:02 pm »

Read topic title.

We cant avoid each other and sit in each our game with 1 noob on the opposing team and a superstacked team on the other side. We simply arent enough players for this. If you are worried about a player on your team for any reason, just voice your concern in a honest way and its easier for everyone to work something out by either trading/exchanging players or reducing the team sizes. Currently a lot of players (myself included sometimes, I will be the first to admit) act in a socially dishonest way when setting up their teams, arguing etc.

If everyone would be more honest about why they are (obviously) dodging a game when there are enough total active players in launcher/site to play a game yet it is not setup even when prompted by other curious players.

It should be 100% okay to voice that you have a problem with a player, but arranging games wouldnt have to be so annoying as it is now if everyone just said it out loud that "I dont wanna play with X because he drophacked me, Y is no good on this team he is only a griefer". These are examples of legitimate reasons to not player with other players. However it is hurting the whole play environment when people are refusing to play each other for unspoken reasons and just ignore prompts to get a game going. Mainly because it gives other players the the impression, to put it in laymen terms, that you are a little bitch that would rather sit alone and pet your precious than accomodating other player's desire for a game when they most assuredely will return the favor at a later time, given that you keep playing EiR.

Show a little love, get a little love.

I agree with you, but if teams are stacked horribly, don't expect people to play, Where's the fun in fighting if you are really likely to lose?

And part of what I'm saying that if people just honestly admit that this is the problem keeping them from joining and participating in game they need to state this with instead of pulling passive shenanigans as if other players at least know what it is the problem they have an actual chance of accomodating this type of concern.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:38:01 pm by FingerTrapped2 » Logged
Viv Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »

I agree with you, but if teams are stacked horribly, don't expect people to play, Where's the fun in fighting if you are really likely to lose?
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:06:23 pm »

I disagree almost entirely. If theres a game not filling up its usually pretty obvious why and I don't see why talking about it would change anything. If you're in a game and you genuinely have no idea why its not filling up then ask but I doubt thats the case.

For example, I like playing with schultzz but I know that unless there a enough good opposing players online the game either won't fill up or will fill with newbs. Don't be naive about it.

No one is obliged to make other people's EIR time more enjoyable at the expense of their own.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:10:27 pm »

We tried to solve this with hidden players until everyone was 'Readied' up and the community complained so the feature was removed.  You could get around it by colluding in Ventrilo anyway, but it was still better than the current system.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 05:19:15 pm »

I enjoyed that feature myself,  I liked that you didnt know who you were playing, and sometimes - if I knew it was a stacked team, Id collude to get a power-ranger-awesome-team-alpha together to try to beat them.

Lead to more games, a little more sourness, but a lot more fun too!

Quote from me during that time - 'Awww f**k, Im playing against APEX and the 2nd top axis?  Ah well...'

And in that game, managed to isolate APEX's KT, but not destroy it.  We almost won =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »

We almost won =)
Almost is not good enough.

You must now kiss me.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
aloha625 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »

most of the time people think a game is stacked because of the vetted units of the players..all we need is a reset
i hav so much vet myself....OP Tongue

2 examples of avoiding other players

1. im currently on apollos 'blacklist' because i left a game about 4 minutes after it started because my m8 left it...

2. templar: "i dont play with completely noob players who hav no AT in their first call in" 
Malevolence2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 05:47:59 am »

I'm on a lot of people's hatelist as well because I build companies that excel at a particular task on offense or defense. I'm sure Puddin' feels that way, too, but at least I don't spam snipers :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc