Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:33:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Reality .856  (Read 5712 times)
Wildfire
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:13:09 pm »

The Project Reality Mod and Black Sand Studios are proud to announce the official release of Project Reality v0.85!

Following the last release of Project Reality ( v0.8 ), we have been continuously working to improve multiple aspects of game-play, resolve bugs with also create new weapons and vehicles for you to play with. Thanks to the continued support from you, the community and our dedicated team of testers, we have successfully corrected many of the bugs and game-play issues in v0.8 with also adding several new features, tweaks and assets. Please note that due to the size of the mod, we have split the download into two parts: Core and Levels. You will need to download and install both to run the mod. To download Project Reality Reality v0.85, click the banner image below.

Click Here to Download Project Reality v0.85

New Weapons
What first person shooter release would be complete without an array of new handheld toys and weapons to play with. Along with the overhaul of the weapon deviation system and weapon animations, the Insurgents, Chechen Rebels the new Taliban faction have recieved a large package from an unknown source of Kalashnikov rifles and other new toys to help them fight their guerilla war!

The new Russian Forces have also not been short changed with bringing in there new arsenal of weapons including there AK-74M Assault Rifles with underbarrel grenade launches and scopes attached!

Some USMC Soldiers are now equipped with the M68 aimpoint fitted onto there M16A4 assault rifles though they will not be as common as they are in the US Army, this should be a big help to the USMC when they get close up and personal with the enemy.

The Chinese Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) has also received a long awaited new Heavy Anti-Tank weapon, the PF-98 120mm Rocket Launcher. Unlike most other Heavy Anti-Tank weapons currently in-game, this weapon fires an unguided round. However, the PF-98 is lightweight and very easy to operate, as such it can be setup and fired in a much shorter time compared to its counterparts, giving it an unique edge.

* AK-47 (Insurgent, Taliban, Chechen Rebels)
    * AK-47 Bayonet (Chechen Rebels)
    * AK-74 Scoped, Ironsight, UGL (Insurgents, Taliban, Chechen Rebels)
    * AK-74M Scoped, Ironsight and UGL (Russians)
    * AKS-74U (Russians, Insurgents, Chechen, Taliban)
    * Al-Quds RPK (Iraqi Insurgent, Taliban)
    * Artillery IED (Iraqi Insurgent)
    * Grenade Trap (Iraqi Insurgent, Taliban)
    * Incendiary Grenades (All Conventional Factions)
    * M16A4 with M68 (USMC)
    * PF-98 Heavy Anti-Tank (PLA)
    * RPG-7 Tandem Warhead (Russians)
    * SA80 Bayonet (British)
    * Trip Flare (All factions)

New Vehicles
With the addition of a new faction, comes new vehicles to compliment their infantry arsenal. We therefore bring to you the heavy assets of the Russian Forces, as well as a few other pieces of mobile equipment to bolster the other factions.

* BTR-60 APC (Russia and MEC)
    * Gaskin Anti-Air Vehicle (MEC)
    * Humvee Avenger Anti-Air Vehicle (USA)
    * Logistic Trucks (All Conventional Factions)
    * Lynx AH-7 Transport Helicopter (British)
    * New HUD's for all Attack Helicopters
    * New HUD's for all Russian vehicles
    * T-72 MBT (MEC)

Logistics
Logistics will be a much bigger aspect of Project Reality in v0.85, with the new logistics system a good supply line will be a vital part for winning the battle. The new Logistics Trucks will be the main back bone to this system, as they are the only vehicle currently in v0.85 that can carry two supply crates, which are needed to crate a Forward Outpost. These Logistics trucks can be distinguished by the canvas on the back of them where normal transport trucks are open top. These also deploy some new Supply Crates which we have created are now faction specific so you can only can get ammo, supplies and kits from them if they are your own.

Vehicle Resupply & Repair
We have made drastic changes to the vehicle resupply and repair system in Project Reality v0.85. Land Vehicles can now only resupply at the Vehicle Depot located in or near your team's main base. You will need to drive your vehicle into the little parking space to replenish your ammunition. You can also repair at the Vehicle Depo, but if your vehicle becomes immobilized, then you will no longer be able to have a one man engineer team with only a adjustable spanner/wrench fix it, now you will be required to call in a logistics truck to help you with your repairs, which can then drop off a "repair station" that will then be able to repair the damages in the field at a very slow rate. This is to simulate a vehicle recovery system which is what would happen in real life if a vehicle got immobilized.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very good mod. If you have time to play it, make sure you join my clans server, we have an AAS and Insurgency. IMO, we have the 2 best servers on PR.

Insurgency - IP: 69.12.91.35:16567
AAS -  IP: 69.12.91.33:16567

Im a mod on both servers, just to let u know, the changes they've made and its really fun.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:44:32 am »

We? Who is we USA? lol.
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:53:25 am »

BTW If I'm good thinking at war in Afganistan USSR fought against Mudzachedins, not talibs

Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:01:30 am »

God that Lynx looks shit.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
TymTest
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:17:55 am »

We? Who is we USA? lol.

what do u mean? WE is =}HARDCORE{= Clan.

http://www.hoggamingclan.com/

Just now got off Insurgency server was nearly full at 3am Pst.

oh yeah...in case no one knows, wildfire = tymathee = krazytym = tym, = tymtest etc...anything with Tym iz me.
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:01:49 am »

oh yeah...in case no one knows, wildfire = tymathee = krazytym = tym, = tymtest etc...anything with Tym iz me.
Is this you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eardrum
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 08:09:15 am »

I like INS mod more, because there it feel like you are hunted by your team mates....
"Don't shoot I am at B!!"
What do you get next? 40 Grenades from the team your in throw in grenades... *Sight*

I don't like Project Reality due its looks awfull when you kill some one (if thew are crawling, they make some strange jump in the air)
Or if they stand and you shoot, it looks like there are no bones in the body, they become a sack of big rubber gum that bounces

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 08:15:01 am »

Blame BF2 for that.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 10:53:06 am »

Blame BF2 for that.

It's the part of the core game, I do'nt think you can even mod it. (I wouldn't be time-efficient anyway.)

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Saint Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 10:59:11 am »

Im loving the new version and the maps are excellent. the weapon models are excellent. we should def get some ppl to play this on vent
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:05:07 am »

Count me in, next week anyway. Going on vacation first Tongue.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 11:39:59 am »

Im loving the new version and the maps are excellent. the weapon models are excellent. we should def get some ppl to play this on vent

EIR vent doesn't really support other games being played on it, there are other places where that takes place though.

PrydainII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 11:47:18 am »

I play other games while EiR games are waiting for players, thats ok, right?

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 11:58:53 am »

I play other games while EiR games are waiting for players, thats ok, right?

absolutely.
PrydainII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 12:29:06 pm »

I just jizzed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc