Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 06:30:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of points (Brits)  (Read 14916 times)
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 13, 2009, 02:31:55 pm »

Commandos: not really worth it - unreliable landing (although can be avoided by choosing landing sites far away from any fight) - while useful against weaker infantry, still get steamrolled by axis assault units (esp. fallschirmjaegers, but assault grens and other things too) thus kind of defeating the point of them. the fact they come with no abilities for their cost makes their use questionable, as they are useless against tanks except if you get a PIAT team, which have crap performance themselves due to their small size and PIAT are rubbish without Lt's.
not suggesting a buff - but cost reduction is a must - at least air borne have fireup by default to get them out of tough spots - but the 180 mun cost makes it difficult to by upgrades to make them usefull without eating into the rest of your army.

PE mortar halftracks - incindery rounds need another look - make emplacements obsolete - and hard to counter with madar's etc... guarding them.

and some bugs:
17 pounders - cost 1 pop in addition to squad (so cannot deploy if full 25 is out).
if a 17 pounder (haven't tried others) is destroyed during setup without scuttling, you cannot deploy any for the rest of the game, even if you bring on different squads - this is debilitating.

hope some of you agree and that some changes are made to this
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:36:11 pm »

we'll look into the actual bugs and we are watching the balance of the mortar halftrack.

Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »

Brits are pretty fucking pathetic, I don't know if this is some kind of racialjokefaction but seriously, they are fucked.

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:49:28 pm »

brits cant do anything in this game without a US partner, as prydain said they are fucked. You need a priest to take out a mg, and even then its not guaranteed, cant use the mortar, for it to be in a good spot it will be in a enemy mortars range and 1 mortar hit bam wasted mortar

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Fingertrapped
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:58:23 pm »

edited because you can choose which side is attack (wtf, who would ever choose to attack over defend)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:01:38 pm by Fingertrapped » Logged
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 02:59:45 pm »

axis are defending?

you select what mode you want Shocked

Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 03:02:05 pm »

Fingertrapped... read please mate.

But your argument is a little strange, are you saying Brits are for defending ONLY?
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 03:04:17 pm »

Hence why Brits could use mobile support weps eh ?
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 03:15:45 pm »

we said multiple times pre-release that the brits and pe need a rethink on how you play them.  They are NOT the same as the other factions in how they function.

brits do do better with a american partner, as do PE's, but they are not completely useless or worthless on their own.  Far from it, once you learn the style.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 03:49:37 pm »

Im just saying that I think brits will be powerful on the defence, which might make up for some of their lack of versatility in attacking, in the same way that PE units (mp44s, schirms, ACs) arent that good at defending.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »

Im just saying that I think brits will be powerful on the defence, which might make up for some of their lack of versatility in attacking, in the same way that PE units (mp44s, schirms, ACs) arent that good at defending.
*CHARGE MY FAITHFUL 17 PDRS, INTO THE FRAY!!!*
*woah, right, srry*

*GET INTO COVER MY MP44s, KITE THOSE ASSES ACs, USE YOUR INVISIBILITY IN COVER SCHIRMS*
*YEAH THSI IS TEH SHIT!*

Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 04:34:10 pm »

mp44/shirms not good at defending?

Feel free to charge my fg42s in heavy cover....
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »

we said multiple times pre-release that the brits and pe need a rethink on how you play them.  They are NOT the same as the other factions in how they function.

brits do do better with a american partner, as do PE's, but they are not completely useless or worthless on their own.  Far from it, once you learn the style.

you must show some replays
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 04:39:31 pm »

that emplacement bug also happens on bofors.

commandos should come with smoke for their cost IMO
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 04:41:13 pm »

from reading the Doc and unit stuff, havent played yet, at work.. to me it looks like PE Flyboys will be fun as shit to play with, especially now you can get some reinforcements from a different doc!  woot!  

Even in Vcoh i have found Commandos kinda lame.  They really have no special features except have the smg and some demo charges, but are weaklings and the stupid glider kills them half the time anyways upon landing..

now Chruchhills with Fireflys i like doing.. or a bunch of crommys and stuarts.... but thats in vcoh, not sure how it would work here.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »

One MG in Church or in any building that is next to a open ground and a PAK somewhere protecting it. No way going through it without any sort of artillery...

Yep they are fucked...one mortar pit coming up, one hit from a incindiary mortar shell...dead mortar and crew...they hneed mobile weapons...and not darn three or four men squads to build them their crap =( it doesn't work in attacking, it simply doesnt

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 04:56:05 pm »

One MG in Church or in any building that is next to a open ground and a PAK somewhere protecting it. No way going through it without any sort of artillery...

Yep they are fucked...one mortar pit coming up, one hit from a incindiary mortar shell...dead mortar and crew...they hneed mobile weapons...and not darn three or four men squads to build them their crap =( it doesn't work in attacking, it simply doesnt

ya, 1 25pdr or priest would take care of that..

so whats the point?  they can move offensively, thats what churchs, stus, cormmys fireflys are for?  all this bitching that brits suck, but before hand everyone was having hissy fits they would be OP lol.
AmPmTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 04:59:44 pm »

Wait till you get the Churchill Croc with Tank Shock, it is the be all end all of infantry rape.

Flamethrower with same range as schreks, with heavy armor. It can also handle itself vs medium armor.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 05:02:10 pm »

Brits are a different style of play and it took me a while to get use to them wait till in engineers you have the avre or croc, there are some very special things you can do with those lads.

Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 05:08:53 pm »

Ok wtf. Why do I need to wait for a Crocodile before I can attack? Why do I need a US player? And why do I need a tank to attack, not that it works with AT-Halftracks running around?

Give me a reasonable answer and I will stop 'bitching'. I am sure you understand that I have been in the community a long time and I just hate imbalance ruining EiR.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc