Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:59:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Certain PE AT units Overpriced  (Read 19172 times)
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 12:44:23 pm »

PE has shreks, marders, panthers, and such. The problem with PE is the fact that you are forced to do things you don't want to do, such as get sweaty, basketball, touch football, retarded hockey, and etc... JK. The real problem is that PE are meant as fast cappers and fast tech-ers, to area denial by getting the points fast and racking up resources. You can see how that is a problem in EiRR because you don't base build, you can call in whatever you want if you have the pop, and sectors aren't so easy to deny as there isn't one small spot to cap.

Allies won because of massive spam of a million different things. If Hitler kept his treaty with the Russians then the war would most certainly be different. Hitler got over confident of his forces and pissed off the biggest spammer of all time, Russia. I'm not saying Germany would of won, though it would be highly likely if Russia was out of the picture, but it would of certainly turned out different.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:01 pm »

Seeing as KV-1s were fortresses, and everyone loves the T-34/85 as something that's equal to a Panther and can take on Tigers...

Well, Russians won not only because they spammed. They actually spammed something useful.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 01:02:58 pm »

Hitler was screwed from the beginner, his best officers knew that in 1939 when he invaded poland.  Stalin was never going to keep that treaty either, who knows when he would have invaded German land, but he would have.   Hitler could have made a game of it if he didnt leave Britan undefeated when actually they were running low on Pilots.  Its all a bunch of what ifs with that clown, he didnt even put his countrys economy or manufatoring on full tilt until what 1944?  

I have the utmost respect for german soldiers and germany etc.. i just come on here and start stuff balance and unit crap just because iam bored..

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 01:04:25 pm »

the PE still have good AT options. the Marder has an insane range, you just ned to make sure you have LoS to utilize it to it's full extent. And I don't see why your complaining about the ATHT getting nerfed. It's Treadbreaker ability in it's previous incarnation was not suitable for EiR. At least now you can't stop a tank flat out. 1 shot from a Marder and then tread breaker still gives 60/40 chance on destroyed engine or immobilize. which is essentially the same thing

ATHT is now virtually useless. It is incredibly expensive for a unit with no purpose other than to treadbreak.

The Marder has the same range as an ATG/Pak38. They're all 60 range units.

panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 01:05:27 pm »

Let's not forget the Marder's natural counter is the AT gun, with 60 range, while the AT gun's natural counter is Infantry, which have 35 range. While the Marder may ignore small-arms, the AT gun ignores Marders, and so the Marder's natural counter, having much more range, is much better than the AT gun's counters.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 01:21:06 pm »

On Topic:

Just wait for the double shrecks, everyone will start playing Tank Hunters...

And, well said Panzer-man

Off Topic, but on the topic of the off topic:

They didn't seem to care to much about their soldiers:

"MG42? CHARGE!!!!"

"We will out man them 10 to 1! Charge!!!"

"OMFG a tank! Charge!!!

"Oh look, a puppy! Awww, cute puppy. CHARGE!!!

You can give a man a fishing rod, but if he doesn't know how to use it then he is likely to get himself caught with the hook.

-Russians didn't know how to use strategy. So they just spammed and lost a hell of alot of men and equipment because of it. If it was just Germany vs Russia, Germany would of definently won and I have no doubts of that. But Hitler got all antsy in his pantsy and attacked Russia while he was duking it out with everyone else.

Off Topic of the topic and off topic of that topic that was off topic:

Any who, we are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic.... And its all good until the moderators get here so if we lay low we will be ok.  Wink
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 01:26:11 pm »

The Russians had enough tactics to beat the Germans, now, didn't they? Their strategy wasn't very flawed, even though their tactics on the small scale were not necessarily well thought out. They took what they had (massive industry and manpower advantage) and put it to use in large wars of maneuver and attrition rather than decisive engagements of equal force strength.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 01:43:42 pm »

They could of done sooooo much better if they didn't have the mentality that, "We outnumber them 10 to 1! Lets just throw ourselves at them." But its ok, I don't blame them, they're communists after all.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 01:48:52 pm »

The russians after the first (i wont say beatings but) devastating defeats learned their lesson well and apart from what you think it was their tactics that won them the battle.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 01:58:41 pm »

They didn't "throw themselves at the Germans" on very many occasions beyond what was normally expected of an attack maneuver. Getting your army killed on purpose is stupid.

Most of the Red Army's casualties came from the early period (1942 and earlier) of the war in Russia, this was a result of poor tactics from the new commanders (the old, competant commanders being purged by Stalin, thus making Hitler's timing almost perfect, coincidentally). By 1943 and 1944 they had learned their lesson and were making much more appropriate tactics and maneuvers the norm. The sieges of the primary cities of Russia were notable exceptions - if there weren't always men in them to attrition away at the Germans, then there would be no way to hold the city, and as long as the Germans kept fighting, the Russians had to as well. A defeat there would have spelled doom for their morale and probably the war (if any of the three cities had been lost), so they knew they had to fight with utmost ferocity and keep the fight going until their industrial advantage could be brought to bear, and reinforcements to arrive (for instance, Zhukov at Stalingrad).
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »

They did better after the massive rape from the Germans, but they still didn't quite have the right grasp on tactics. They still made a hell of a lot of dumb moves because they still had the mentality that they outnumbered the Germans 10 to 1. So they still basically "threw" themselves at the Germans. I'm not saying literally, but they didn't seem to think too much into it. Most of the footage from WWII, that shows the Russians, shows them basically travelling in big groups trying to overrun the Germans with numbers which caused lots of casualties. Doing stuff like that and losing alot of men is something I consider, bad tactics and strategy. Unless its a game, which then go ahead and get your men effed up cause it don't matter.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 03:32:47 pm »

Your post is incorrect on most levels, except the footage part.

I really don't want to say any more than that, unless you want to PM me.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 09:01:42 pm »

This isn't the point, point is PE have a lack of AT, I played against the devs twice and that had to have been blatantly apparent so you would think someone would take notice, but no, I just need to l2p.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 09:02:44 pm »

No, they seriously don't. Instant immobilization from the AT ht, plus marder RAPES Allied armor.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:19 pm »

dear skaevola, please read the latest update on treadbreakers.  Its no longer useful.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 11:22:00 pm »

But mind you, stickies are still useful  Roll Eyes

PE have plenty of AT.

509th Airborne
gamesguy3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 12:09:44 am »

This isn't the point, point is PE have a lack of AT, I played against the devs twice and that had to have been blatantly apparent so you would think someone would take notice, but no, I just need to l2p.

Yep, I particularly liked the part where you paradropped two FSJ and then charged a garrisoned HMG head on while whining about how your "MG counter sucks".

Hint, FSJ are not designed to kill MGs in buildings, their incendiary nade has far shorter range than the regular one on PGs.   And had a single one of crazy's FSJ had fausts, I wouldn't have been able to go carmageddon on their asses with a half health firefly,
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:04 am »

Yep, I particularly liked the part where you paradropped two FSJ and then charged a garrisoned HMG head on while whining about how your "MG counter sucks".

Hint, FSJ are not designed to kill MGs in buildings, their incendiary nade has far shorter range than the regular one on PGs.   And had a single one of crazy's FSJ had fausts, I wouldn't have been able to go carmageddon on their asses with a half health firefly,

I think it was quite clear I was joking and didn't care at that point, but you seem too stupid to realise that. Go watch the replay to see what I said before I charged FJ at the building. I didn't even have the incindairy grenade on them. I also said my MG counterS suck, plural, not singular, l2grammar.
gamesguy3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 12:15:34 am »

I think it was quite clear I was joking and didn't care at that point, but you seem too stupid to realise that. Go watch the replay to see what I said before I charged FJ at the building. I didn't even have the incindairy grenade on them. I also said my MG counterS suck, plural, not singular, l2grammar.

Yes because the Mortar HT is the worst HMG counter in the game.

I particularly like when you theorycraft about how a croc is so uber because you can throw it away to kill a single easilly remanned HMG.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:19 am »

Yes because the Mortar HT is the worst HMG counter in the game.

I particularly like when you theorycraft about how a croc is so uber because you can throw it away to kill a single easilly remanned HMG.

In EIR last ed, people constantly threw crocs away to take out a HMG, then they would garison the building with their OWN hmg and force the defender to attack. I doubt you even played if you aren't aware of that, it was one of the most common allied attacking strategies and often a highly successful one. Try doing a search "suicide croc" and see how many threads come up.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:33:29 am by MannfredvonRitter » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc