Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:32:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Certain PE AT units Overpriced  (Read 19190 times)
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 17, 2009, 07:23:25 pm »

Namely, two of them.

1. Tankbuster squad.   Why does a 4 man TB squad cost more than a 4 man grenadier squad with a shrek?   The PE shrek does 15 less damage and they aren't as tough as the grenadiers either.

2. Why does a hetzer cost so much more than a stug?   Both have the same weakness to AP rounds and RRs(stug less so with skirts), the hetzer will break even with the upgunned sherman in a frontal fight where as the stug will win.   Yet one costs so much more than the other?     Now I personally think the stug is too cheap, perhaps they can meet somewhere in the middle?

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:45:45 pm »

1. I think they are fine because they are meant to support awesome AT platforms like Treadbreakers and Marder III's. Not to mention with Teller Mines, Hetzers, Jagds, and 88's, PE have no lack of AT. I dunno, I play PE too and I think the price is just fine.

2. Hetzer can ambush and comes with a decent MG?

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
BigDick
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:45:25 am »

1. I think they are fine because they are meant to support awesome AT platforms like Treadbreakers and Marder III's. Not to mention with Teller Mines, Hetzers, Jagds, and 88's, PE have no lack of AT. I dunno, I play PE too and I think the price is just fine.

Treadbreakers are no AT units anymore because
they are a sticky only unit that costs 275MP 50 Fuel and 95 munition for something that does the same like a us basic infantry upgrade for less munitions

PE have some AT issues because they have no AT guns

as PE you can field 3 marders and max 8 shreks mostly less....that is your AT (no panther no panzerIV-G/H cause they have no)
you will have no fuel for a panther

in my wehrmacht companys i had 3-4 pak38 8 shrekss a panther and 2 panzerIV

that is much more AT....i can't get this with PE

2. Hetzer can ambush and comes with a decent MG?

it can't turn while cloaked it's firering cone is so small you need to praise to god that a unit drives straight to it

it is not worth the price
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:49:03 am »

so basically, TB's suffer from the same "omg wtf will happen" chance that stickies have and you have an issue with it?

also, i'm sorry, i'd rather have ur "crap" tank busters, than my ranger bazookas tyvm. and then basically, you have a long range sticky that can fire from out of the sight range of the tank? Oh noes...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:51:01 am »

Tym...our longrange never miss sticky only fires once every 3(4?) minutes, and the unit that gets this amazing ability(sarcasm) can do nothing worthwhile the remaining time except kill jeeps or brens if its feeling lucky enough to actually hit them.  Rifles can cap, shoot infantry with some reliability, and get to throw more stickies within what, 20 seconds?  Also, Rifles cost 0 fuel...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:02:41 am »

to put it in a nutshell

it is like paying for sticky upgrade 95 munitions + 275MP and 50 fuel

and 5 popcap

means a sticki rifle will cost 475 MP 95mun 50fuel and takes 10 pop

OrdobalticusTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:25:20 am »

People are funny when they say PE lacks AT or it is overpriced... you know who lacks AT and has it overpriced?

Yes you are right brits. They have only 4 non-doctrinal options: FF, crom, piats, 17 pounder. FF u can have only 2 almost like panther. Cromwell is not real AT, but brits are not picky. Piats are unreliable, they are more like area denial weapon same as our OP Smiley 17 pounder.

In the end brits only offensive AT is FF and in some cases crom.

Now look and count PE AT... and dare to say it is not enough or overpriced.

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:34:05 am »

wait X-X Days/months until Docs gets out and Tank busters get 1 extra free Panzhershrek with  a upgrade of Tank busters...

But for testing balance right now, I feel that its ok the docs are a bit weird but ok
Just one questions, Resource bonuses is totally removed?

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:40 am »

I don't think it is necessarily accurate to say "X faction has this similar unit to Y faction, but Y faction pays more for it".

Where pricing is concerned it is more about how many of that unit each of X and Y faction can field, and amongst what other type of units.

Pricing controls how purchasing a unit affects what other unit THAT faction can buy, how much resources THAT faction has left after purchasing the units, etc.

So a valid argument to AT Grens, or Hetzers being overpriced would have to start with explaining why you either don't purchase those units because they are not cost effective, or when you do purchase them that your company is left inadequate in general capabilities and performance compared to another factions' company.

Right now I would not say either of those cases are true for PE about AT Grens, or Hetzers.  However it would probably be fair to lower the MU cost for the treadbreaker upgrade, since it was nerfed (justifiably).

But this is not an open market where the same buyer has a choice of all possible units.  AT Grens and Grenadiers with shreks are not competing with each other for a market share.  They are only competing with other units in PE, and Wehrmacht, respectively, for your resources.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:23:54 am »

Kattenrad should have more of a purpose
Repair? Naaah to slow
Bodytrap? Don work
Cammo? YES
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:50:51 am »

This is what I find funny about some people who play german side. When there units r OP or something like that they won't complain but when their units get nerfed it like "OMFGWTF". Then start coming out with random things to make the axis still stronger than the allies or get more units on field. I could moan about 100 of things wrong with allies side but I don't cos I know it will be fixed eventually but its just a matter of time.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:53:32 am »

OMGWTF it is!
BigDick
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:56:47 am »

People are funny when they say PE lacks AT or it is overpriced... you know who lacks AT and has it overpriced?

Yes you are right brits. They have only 4 non-doctrinal options: FF, crom, piats, 17 pounder. FF u can have only 2 almost like panther. Cromwell is not real AT, but brits are not picky. Piats are unreliable, they are more like area denial weapon same as our OP Smiley 17 pounder.

i wish i could trade panzerIV-E (stummel) against cromwells
same effective against infantry (small squads and long range) and average effective against tanks

PE has single shreks, "at" nades (it is more anti emplacements nades), marder, panther

unfortunately you have to choose between 3 marders or a panther and maybe 1 marder or some halftracks
PE at is either heavy munitions dependent (shreks) or heavy fuel dependent (marder/panther) but something is very similar...they are all pretty fragile (3 men squads with single shrek, paper marder....)

its not like us or wher were you can get recrewable hardcounter at for low (compared to its effectiveness) munitions

and i will tell you something against PE you need no AT all paper units
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 07:49:48 am »

Defeat a Panther or a Stubby with no AT.
I dare you, charge tommie blobs at them.
BigDick
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:47:39 am »

1 firefly >> panther

all you need to defeat a "panther" PE player is a firefly

hell even 2 piat sappers + bren can manage it

and that was not the point

the point was that in games against PE players much lesser "hard" AT is needed
on the other side the PE need much AT against british+american tanks

i agree about brits vs wehr matchup that there could be not enough AT options on brits side

but PE without a wehr players struggles against us and brits as well and hast to get all of his AT hardcounteroptions to stay a life
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 09:26:53 am »

the PE still have good AT options. the Marder has an insane range, you just ned to make sure you have LoS to utilize it to it's full extent. And I don't see why your complaining about the ATHT getting nerfed. It's Treadbreaker ability in it's previous incarnation was not suitable for EiR. At least now you can't stop a tank flat out. 1 shot from a Marder and then tread breaker still gives 60/40 chance on destroyed engine or immobilize. which is essentially the same thing

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:15:16 pm »

meh, axis players should be happy the game is set to a "Balanced" state.. if we allieds had the main advantage we had in the real war, well, our sherms would cost 200mp and 100fuel, instead of 4, we could get 8 etc.. 

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 12:22:54 pm »

meh, axis players should be happy the game is set to a "Balanced" state.. if we allieds had the main advantage we had in the real war, well, our sherms would cost 200mp and 100fuel, instead of 4, we could get 8 etc.. 

And they would lose to a KT since it's stats were 1:11 in real war :p
As well PAK 50mm could destroy only light vehicles and 57mm wouldn't even penetrate Tiger's frontal armor not to mention panther.

I suppose that would make everyone wanting to play as Axis if things were like real war was. Then Allied should have unlimited supply of aircrafts and offmap artillery, and Wehrmacht massive rocket artillery behind their back <3

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 12:26:01 pm »

And then Nazi germans would lose to Russians... C'mon this is not real. It's a game and it's meant to be balanced (Hopefully)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:52 pm »

And then Nazi germans would lose to Russians... C'mon this is not real. It's a game and it's meant to be balanced (Hopefully)

By sheer numbers D:

Yesh I must agree that this whole thing gets balanced soon enough...I don't know if the AT Nades are even worth its cost...if they were like stickies that only do dmg I dunno but they are just things that hits on "Immobile" targets only D: or if you are lucky hits on a Sherman that got stuck in a building after colliding with it xD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc