Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:59:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: v0.0.3 Changelog  (Read 18610 times)
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« on: February 21, 2009, 03:42:53 am »

If anyone is having issues with the AutoUpdater downloading files over and over again, you can patch manually using THIS installer.

Bug Fixes:

- Commando Smoke and Commando Grenades shouldn't be on the same timers
- FOO fixed (hopefully)
- Victor Target fixed (hopefully)
- When Pak is destroyed, third man will retreat instead of hang around as a cloaked single-man squad

Other Changes:

6p_Mcgechaens_War_EiR (added to FTP)

Following maps added to the Module:
6p_Saint_Lo_EiR (added to FTP)
6p_Linden_EiR (added to FTP)
6p_Arnhem_EiR (added to FTP)
4p_Authie_EiR
6p_Road_To_Cherbourg_EiR
6p_Oosterbeek_EiR
8p_Hill_192_EiR

Balance Changes:
To All:

- Repair Rates changed as follows:

Pioneers = .33 hps
Engineers = .5 hps
Sappers = .667 hps
Panzergrens = .45 hps
PG w/ Advanced Repair = .667 hps
Expert Engineers = 1 hps
Bergetiger = 1.5 hps

In addition to this, vehicles now have a repair rate modifier based upon how damaged they are.

Green HP - Repairs are 50% effective
Yellow HP - Repairs are 100% effective
Red HP - Repairs are 200% effective

British:

- 25 pounder now non-doctrinal (1,1,2 availablility)
- Emplacement Cover Table changed to tp_garrison_halftrack (should help vs. Mortars hopefully)
- Commando Smoke timer changed to match Fireup (300 seconds)
- Units survival rate from destroyed Bren Carriers now match US/Wehr HT

US:

- Sniper 540 MP, 200 Mun (From 540 MP, 250 Mun)
- Engineers should have improved resistance to suppression (no more getting suppressed from rifle fire)
- Quad .50 350 MP (From 150 MP, was still priced as if it were an upgrade)

Wehr:

- Sniper 500 MP, 200 Mun (From 500 MP, 250 Mun)
- StuG/H Armor Skirts - 60 Mun (From 90 Mun)
- Panzer IV Armor Skirts - 80 Mun (From 90 Mun)
- Stormtrooper suppression recovery changed to match Grenadiers

PE:

- ATHT 5 pop -> 3 pop
- Tankbusters 195MP (From 205MP)
- Panzer IV-IS Armor Skirts - 80 Mun (From 90 Mun)
- Munitions HT cost fixed (was 50 F, supposed to be 35 F)
- Marder III - 305 MP, 170 F, 8 pop (From 305 MP, 195 F, 8 pop)
- Marder III availability 4,2,1 (From 3, 2, 1)
- Units survival rate from destroyed Infantry HT's now match US/Wehr HT
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:30:03 am by stumpster » Logged

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:11:26 am »

Stug/H skirts too cheap, expecially for the stuh which is a highly underpriced unit now, it basically makes you immune to handled at for a cheap 60 munitions, skirts are too cheap, you don't realise that zooks, rr's, steakies (basically all the handled at americans have) are getting a huge indirect nerf? At least you should make them vet 2 if you intend to keep that price.
I also think sherman upgun is too expansive, 140 munitions for better penetration and less AI capability is useless.

Second I think pioneers repair rates are too low, True they can blob, but maybe you can implement a system where a single pio repair at 0.4 but if you blob them they repair at 0.3.

Then I am not sure if that % system is good, considering how easy is for a german tank to survive with a slice of healt (5% bug, frontal armor, skirts, heavy tanks) it basically buffs repairs even more. Example, retreat your pz IV to repair bunker and you quickly get your tank back while the other team lost shitload of ammunitions trying to destroy it. It's also a nerf for both steaky and treadbreaker which generally leave the tank with low healt. Anyway I hope it's not so broken in game.

ATHT 3 pop? it should at least be 4, surely not 5

Addition: the whole reinforcements thing is a great big b******t according to me.

That's my toughts, I hope you consider them. Great work so far anyway.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:37:23 am by Bubz » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:24:06 am »

quad too high. it's now the highest priced half track in the game and it only has an anti infantry capability. Even though they're good vs HT's, they still die easily to any type of at fire.

i also agree with bubz that the skirts are too cheap for stug/stuh, but we'll see in game.

interesting maps you've added...can't wait to test 'em

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
BigDick
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:32:10 am »

- Repair Rates changed as follows:

Pioneers = .33 hps
Engineers = .5 hps
Sappers = .667 hps
Panzergrens = .45 hps
PG w/ Advanced Repair = .667 hps
Expert Engineers = 1 hps
Bergetiger = 1.5 hps

omg PE engies get with 40 muni upgrade that repair rate of sappers without upgrade?
`
PE have worst armor of all factions, every hit penetrates they get huge damage from small arms, and get one of the lowest repair rates?

WTF that makes it much more senseless to use any light vehicles (it was hard to do before because u had to spend 200 fuel each for your fucking AT guns...)

British:

- 25 pounder now non-doctrinal (1,1,2 availablility)
- Emplacement Cover Table changed to tp_garrison_halftrack (should help vs. Mortars hopefully)

omg i will never play against defending brits...

US:

- Sniper 540 MP, 200 Mun (From 540 MP, 250 Mun)

omg snipers were even at 250 muni extreme effective for its price, no need to lower that

- Quad .50 350 MP (From 150 MP, was still priced as if it were an upgrade)

seriously that is to expensive...quads were to expensive before EiRR too thats why i never used them

maybe 250 would be ok

Wehr:

- Sniper 500 MP, 200 Mun (From 500 MP, 250 Mun)

same as allied sniper, no need to make it cheaper

- Stormtrooper suppression recovery changed to match Grenadiers

good change maybe i will use some stormies in my blitz company now

- ATHT 5 pop -> 3 pop

don't make it more usefull when its at 275MP 50 fuel and 95muni to act like a stickie

- Marder III - 305 MP, 170 F, 8 pop (From 305 MP, 195 F, 8 pop)
- Marder III availability 4,2,1 (From 3, 2, 1)

helps a little bit but probably not enough to face other "armor" until i get my defense reinforcements to get 2 pak38 that costs no fuel

- Units survival rate from destroyed Infantry HT's now match US/Wehr HT

means they will all die to small arms? because paper HTs?`why not giving the armor of M4 or sdkfz (us/wehr) HT to it? there is a reason why people in it have a higher surviveability...because it dies to fucking everything
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:34:33 am by BigDick » Logged
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 04:39:08 am »

Realize that when I say 'Helps versus Mortars' doesn't mean that the Emplacement itself has a better armor type, only that the crew inside of the emplacement won't keel over and die on the first or second mortar shell.

Then I am not sure if that % system is good, considering how easy is for a german tank to survive with a slice of healt (5% bug, frontal armor, skirts, heavy tanks) it basically buffs repairs even more. Example, retreat your pz IV to repair bunker and you quickly get your tank back while the other team lost shitload of ammunitions trying to destroy it. It's also a nerf for both steaky and treadbreaker which generally leave the tank with low healt. Anyway I hope it's not so broken in game.

Red health is a very, very low percentage of health (5% or less).  It's not going to change the repair rates much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:42:45 am by stumpster » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 04:39:49 am »

all halftracks die to everythign dude and the pe halftrack has the best gun, which can be used without infantry in it, and its the only one where infantry can fire out of it other than the bren carrier, which can only carry one squad.

the repair rates if you notice are based on a per-man basis, so that 1 man = 1 man on each side.

pio = 2
engie = 3
sapper = 4

even then, the per man pio is still better than engie. pzer grens are 3 man, and their repair rate is not bad but they can be upgraded if you want to truly use them to repair stuff. i think the repair changes are good and wont be that noticable really.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:40:14 am »

Realize that when I say 'Helps versus Mortars' doesn't mean that the Emplacement itself has a better armor type, only that the crew inside of the emplacement won't keel over and die on the first or second mortar shell.

Yeah, I got that. Mortar's basically rule vs trenches now and its sickening.
BigDick
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 04:42:33 am »

pio = 2
engie = 3
sapper = 4

yeah sappers the engiie with most men in squad gets the highest repair rate....thats fucking rediculess

PE need to constantly reapir their vehicles...because they die in seconds to riflefire
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 04:43:59 am »

pio = 2
engie = 3
sapper = 4

yeah sappers the engiie with most men in squad gets the highest repair rate....thats fucking rediculess

Uhm, okay.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 04:46:10 am »

stumpster, you're trying to see it logically, you'll never understand.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:29 am »

More men.   More pop on field.  More repair rate.

Speee.
Shull.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
BigDick
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 04:53:27 am »

stumpster, you're trying to see it logically, you'll never understand.

i forgot to add per men

that a 100 men unit with 0.1 hp/s per man get an even higher repair rate is obviously

sorry that i forgot to explain every detail without relying onto some logical conclusions of the people

More men.   More pop on field.  More repair rate.

Speee.
Shull.

3 men PE pio has 4 pop, 4 men sappers has 4 pop...so what?

4 man sappers get 4*0.667=2.668
the 3 men PE pio get 3*0.45=1.35 that is half repair rate for same pop
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:56:51 am by BigDick » Logged
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 04:57:31 am »

God damn it, officer artillery still doesn't work, btw to tank buster change I'm not sure is it good idea, axis have enough at stuff
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 05:02:58 am »

Which Officer artillery?
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 05:03:55 am »

Dick, you accept that the repair per pop ratio is fair for wehr, Brits and US right? Its just the PE you have a problem with?

I think the reasoning behind this is that the PE units are also combat units and you are more likely to have them on the field than sapper say.

For example a panther + 6 PE squads is more effective than a firefly + 6 sapper squads.

edit: oh i think i see your confusion Dick. Its repair rate per SQUAD not per man.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 05:05:36 am »

That would be correct.  If repairs were done on a per man basis.
Its not, its per squad.

That would be where the confusion lies Wink
BigDick
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 05:07:53 am »

That would be correct.  If repairs were done on a per man basis.
Its not, its per squad.

That would be where the confusion lies Wink

i 'm not sure about this because i feel that one men squads repair slower....

but anyway sappers still have a much higher repair rate...

0.667 (sapper) VS 0.45 (PE pio)
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:17:55 am »

sapper = equivilent to engineering unit for the brittish.
PG = equivilent to base infantry(volks/grens) for the PE.

If you were comparing PG repair speed to tommie repair speed(if it had any), your complaint would be valid.
Right now it is not.
Sappers, even though great, can get themselves insta-gibbed while repairing, by one mortar shell. Same with PGs. And you got a VERY mobile mortar as PE. Time to use it? I'm not gonna be able to mortar you with a sneaky emplacement and live to tell the tale with it, your mortar halftrack will.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 05:20:17 am »

i 'm not sure about this because i feel that one men squads repair slower....
I think they are saying that these are the repair rates for full squads. If people die I think the squad repairs slower still. Also I'm not sure why you are unhappy that some basic infantry don't repair as fast as specilaist repair units.
BigDick
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 05:28:02 am »

sapper = equivilent to engineering unit for the brittish.
PG = equivilent to base infantry(volks/grens) for the PE.

If you were comparing PG repair speed to tommie repair speed(if it had any), your complaint would be valid.

are you kidding me? shows you have no glue about the units you are playing with

do some labbing 3 men PE grens without upgrades against us engies without is a very even fight
and i bet the pe grens can loose against sappers to
i could say hey engies or pios with flamers are really kicking ass combat units especally against soldier armor because they take more damage from flames.....

Sappers, even though great, can get themselves insta-gibbed while repairing, by one mortar shell. Same with PGs.

every unit takes 3 times more damage while repairing so what?

And you got a VERY mobile mortar as PE. Time to use it? I'm not gonna be able to mortar you with a sneaky emplacement and live to tell the tale with it, your mortar halftrack will.

why u dont use your 25 pounder priest or commando mortar or mortar emplacement or whatever

its fucking useless to discuss with people like u

PE vehicles die by fucking everything, that is the faction that need to constantly repairing stuff
they are fucking hit hard because they have to rely on paper vehicles with the low EiR repairrates

it is fucking useless to repair more then 10 minutes on an infantry halftrack that gets shot down to 5% (if you got lucky) after an engagement of 3 seconds by fucking everything including infantry without at weapons 

and british can be sometimes glad that their emplacement crews are killed by mortars because recrewing it give free repair
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:36:01 am by BigDick » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc