Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:21:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More thoughts on balance  (Read 13281 times)
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 11:48:49 am »

invisible PAks are quite effective against it, and any sensible player will start reversing the second they see a shrek mob coming
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 11:56:01 am »

It kills infantry too fast to be available to every american from start on! You should make it so people have to unlock it, or even make it a doctrine unit!

I hope you're not offended that I hope you're joking!  Grin

I'm not, as i was, in fact, using sarcasm. But that's the same for the panther actually. It doesn't matter if he is the strongest unit that's available to anyone, there's enough counters to it.

All Brits having the 25 pounder artillery - that will turn out badly.

Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 12:00:21 pm »

have you noticed it making any difference in game? most players i've seen don't bother taking them as they are too expensive for what they do. hopefully they should be more useful when RCA get extra range, but that will only be 1 doctrine anyway

and what about wehr having non-doc arty? admittedly you still have to pay PP to get some of them but it's an similar setup
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 12:28:57 pm »

If you in fact dissed someone for their imperfect English when they aren't from a country with English as a first language you're either a jerk or American Tongue. Try and be a bit more courteous and not be a racists jerk to people.

Actually I dissed him because I highly suspected English WAS his primary language, therefore making his grammar and spelling consistent with what I view his level of reasoning to be.  His attempts at arguing his point smelled of a 14 year old boy who learned to communicate on the internet.  There I speak of substance as well as structure.

I applaud his effort at communicating in a language other than his native tongue.  Yes, its far better than my German would be, although right about where my Russian would be.

But his reasoning is still absolute shit.  In any language.

And PS, Americans have crocs, Wehrmacht has flammenwerfers.  I'll call that a wash, even though the Wehrmacht can field 3 flammenwerfers to 1 croc.  At marginally more pop , MU & MP, but less fuel.  Not to mention that all 3 at the same time will do far more damage, and probably take about the same amount of time to kill as 1 croc.

Sorry if some of you don't get it, there are enough intelligent and / or unbiased people here who do get the point that I was making.  The rest of you can cling like grim death to your selfish fear of Axis nerfs to crutch your ability and keep you warm when the sun goes down.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:39:42 pm by scrapking » Logged
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 01:17:55 pm »

If you in fact dissed someone for their imperfect English when they aren't from a country with English as a first language you're either a jerk or American Tongue. Try and be a bit more courteous and not be a racists jerk to people.

that guy is a dick nothing more. he carries himself like some pompus high on himself dick. nothing more. further shows how much of a bitch he is.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2009, 01:51:43 pm »

this is so silly...anywho.

mg42 vs .30 cal 

mg42 suppresses faster than .30 but if mg42 and .30 cal has same suppression numbers, they'd do just about the same damage. mg42 has more range and a wider gun arc, .30 cal has like 5% more acc at long range i think. The reason the .30 cal does more dmg is cuz it doens't suppresss the target fast, therefore, you dont get the suppression modifiers which gives the target more defense against the mg42. But...if you're a smarat player, you'll have some units nearby ur mg42 and when the use gets suppressed, you fire on them and hurt them, this is what they're used for.

as for .30 cals, you know how many times i've seen units run into the line of fire, get fired at and then are able to retreat with no damage and not get suppressed? U can't do that with the mg42, you'll get suppressed if you get shot at almost everytime.

some of you here that are arguing for each side, if you haven't played the opposite team, then your views here are moot and bias. yes i've played axis, and i'm a defensive player, at least in the old eire. I love nebels, pepole under utilize them, t hey're great at taking out infantry in the open, taking out support weapons and infantry in houses. Yes you gotta be a lil close to use it but so what, fire and move it, it can moooove, howitzers can't. You usally only get 2-3 shots off a howitzer before the other side decides "no more!"

grens vs rifle? i'll take lmgs and schecks vs bars and stickies anyday, please. If u had a vanilla unit on the field and saw a baar and lmg on the ground, which do u pick up? bazooka vs scheck? hell, if you could pick up a sticky bomb, sticky vs schreck? Allies win in numbers, axis in power, thats just the way it is.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2009, 01:58:25 pm »

And lately all these "discussion" Threads lead to nowhere. Let's just give the americans paks, tigers and panthers, because those things are so op. Or wait, to balance the shit, let's just take these things out, they are gamebreaking and allies don't have anything to beat it. KCH? Oh no, i can't beat them with my assault rangers!
A pak? Oh noes, can't find it, so overpowered! Panther? Oh noes, the badass unit with 16 popcap that kills like all my shermans and rifles!
Argh my PIATS can't hit shit, and my 17pdr take too long to build and are useless anyways because they are static!
Oh noes an ATHT, nerf, phew. Kill that thing now! Oh noes, wehrmacht infantry in general is so much better, give us rangers for free plx!
OMG I can only haz 12 rifles!11 And every axis has like 2000 Volks and grens, so op! Gief us Rifle blob back! 
Oh noez, my Mg doesn't suppress it only kills units and penetrates, BUT I WANTS SUPPRESSIONZ NOW!!11 GIEF MG42!1

So now as Uber Axis Fanboi I'm leaving this one-sided-"discussions". And yes it's not out of anger but i don't have any arguments left, you are right, whatever you say. Leave the balance to the allies.

Felt that it fits better in here.
BigDick
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2009, 03:41:47 pm »

that guy is a dick nothing more. he carries himself like some pompus high on himself dick. nothing more. further shows how much of a bitch he is.

at least i had to say something to the topic
and now zurück in deinen stall kellerkind
BigDick
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2009, 03:47:35 pm »

this is so silly...anywho.

mg42 vs .30 cal 

mg42 suppresses faster than .30 but if mg42 and .30 cal has same suppression numbers, they'd do just about the same damage. mg42 has more range and a wider gun arc, .30 cal has like 5% more acc at long range i think. The reason the .30 cal does more dmg is cuz it doens't suppresss the target fast, therefore, you dont get the suppression modifiers which gives the target more defense against the mg42. But...if you're a smarat player, you'll have some units nearby ur mg42 and when the use gets suppressed, you fire on them and hurt them, this is what they're used for.

as for .30 cals, you know how many times i've seen units run into the line of fire, get fired at and then are able to retreat with no damage and not get suppressed? U can't do that with the mg42, you'll get suppressed if you get shot at almost everytime.

they have different burst length and reload times and how often i saw a squad getting supresst and crawling away without any casulties
when 2 men of a gren squad died they had 50% casulaties and can stay on the field for 1 more casualty before you had to retreat them

but why i should talking with people that suiciding tanks and blobs of infantry to cry after that how bad allies units are
there are no mirror matches and no mirror units so get over it

I love nebels, pepole under utilize them, t hey're great at taking out infantry in the open, taking out support weapons and infantry in houses. Yes you gotta be a lil close to use it but so what, fire and move it, it can moooove, howitzers can't. You usally only get 2-3 shots off a howitzer before the other side decides "no more!"

the lifetime of nebelwerfer since all that allies superior arty is unlocked is not available

they did good before but now they are just an other slow crawling target
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2009, 04:36:25 pm »

They move faster than howitzers
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2009, 05:05:44 pm »

You're just bitter that your feeble attempt to label me an exploiter got you laughed at.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 06:37:34 pm »

You're just bitter that your feeble attempt to label me an exploiter got you laughed at.

...> And you posting about it makes you a veyr very big man and well srespected Amung all.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 06:39:02 pm »

Will you guys drop it? Take your little feuds to PMS.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2009, 06:53:43 pm »

is there anyway to post balance issues here where they don't get massively sidetracked?
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2009, 07:17:10 pm »

...> And you posting about it makes you a veyr very big man and well srespected Amung all.

Yet here you are, cowboy.  Here you are.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2009, 09:34:05 pm »

Did anyone else find that funny "take your fued to PMS

Gold, fucking gold ahha

31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 09:51:16 pm »

You should take your own advice.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 09:54:02 pm »

Locked.  If you guys can't keep name-calling out of it, don't expect threads to stay open.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc