Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:00:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M8 & M3 Prices  (Read 5804 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: February 22, 2009, 08:19:09 pm »

I'm wondering why the change to 350 for the Quad and 310 for the m8? They're rarely seen and unspammable with availability.

comapred usefulness wise vs puma (300) flammenwerfer (240) and stuka (280) i think they're overpriced.

I also think that both infantry halftracks for american and wehr should be lowered from 200 & 195 to maybe 50 or so off their price because no one really uses them and it'd encourage use.

helll, even the stuart is cheaper (295) which has a higher survivability than the m8 and m3. Also, i think the skirts are too high at 100 compared with axis skirts at 60, 80 and 90 munitions.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:24:12 pm »

Greyhound skirts double Health, Axis skirts reduce damage (from Infantry AT only) by 25%.
Other than that I agree with the rest you've stated.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »

Greyhound skirts double Health, Axis skirts reduce damage (from Infantry AT only) by 25%.
Other than that I agree with the rest you've stated.

meh ok, i can live with that i guess but thanks.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:31:06 pm »

Flammenwerfer isn't that useful.

Quad is far superior to the Puma, it supresses infantry hella fast and has a very long range. Quad is epic and I see them constantly still, just not as much as before, players have 1-2 quads, instead of 4.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:34:52 pm »

i've never seen anyone use more than 2 quads, maybe its the guys i play with. and werfers are very useful, you just have to use them with say a tank or anti tank infantry and rush them in when your opponent isn't ready for them. they absolutely rape things in building and support weapons out in the open.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 08:41:56 pm »

I think given availability, more than 2 of any vehicle is unusual. Infantry granted you get 12 for mainline infantry and generally speaking 4 for the 'optional' infantry. But all in all you also rarely see more than 2 of any vehicle in any axis arsenal. Given just how powerful the quad can be, I'm not altogether sure if that's a bad thing.
MrBilly506 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:22 pm »

Flammenwerfer isn't that useful.

Quad is far superior to the Puma, it supresses infantry hella fast and has a very long range. Quad is epic and I see them constantly still, just not as much as before, players have 1-2 quads, instead of 4.

quads own eir r good for scouting for mortar hts

No babies were harmed in the making of this film.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 08:46:12 pm »

I think given availability, more than 2 of any vehicle is unusual. Infantry granted you get 12 for mainline infantry and generally speaking 4 for the 'optional' infantry. But all in all you also rarely see more than 2 of any vehicle in any axis arsenal. Given just how powerful the quad can be, I'm not altogether sure if that's a bad thing.

I have 3 pumas and 3 flammewerfers in my wehr company.

Light vehicles are godly right now.  Quads, pumas, flammes, ACs, are all extremely good.  You just have to be good at microing them.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 08:51:25 pm »

Light vehicles are godly right now.  Quads, pumas, flammes, ACs, are all extremely good.  You just have to be good at microing them.

I didn't say never, just unusual Wink.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 08:56:17 pm »

I didn't say never, just unusual Wink.

If you had 3 ACs in your PE company and learned how to micro them you'd whine a lot less about American infantry blobs.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 09:14:23 pm »

Don't forget the standard Bren Carrier, which has the weakest transport vehicle weapon and lowest transport capacity.  Trying to shoehorn it into the scouting/anti-sniper role hasn't worked. 

If it was cheaper and maybe took up less pop, or failing that gained back it's bren button ability I might be inclined to use it.  A buttoning Bren Carrier could improve the viability of PIATs too since it would have synergy with transported Sappers/PIAT Commandos. 
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 09:31:01 pm »

I agree...the bren carrier without a bren is crap...

allied halftrack 200mp 20 fu
wehr halftrack 195mp 20 fu
bren carrier 220 35fu
pe inf ht 210mp 25 fu

yeah...somethings off.

inf ht gun is more useful than all the other halftrack guns carries more than bren carrier. Hmm...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:33:26 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Hasiula Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 03:36:03 am »

m8 without skirt is crap... but if I have to spend 100 mun to make it usefuly(not pownage riding around machin) I thing it stinks(i know that duble it hp but with out its on one shoot only...)
When craps put they skirts on tanks its grate defence nad change they tank to only back rear armour... and thats stinks to for me Tongue
I thing m8 skirt have to be less expensiwe, much less than 100
by;)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 03:52:01 am »

i've never seen anyone use more than 2 quads, maybe its the guys i play with. and werfers are very useful, you just have to use them with say a tank or anti tank infantry and rush them in when your opponent isn't ready for them. they absolutely rape things in building and support weapons out in the open.

ive never seen anyone use more than 2 pumas, quads are epic srsly because u can only kill them with paks..

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 04:57:57 am »

Every skilled vcoh players knows that the strength of an m8 is that it can repair very fast due to low healt and can use it to snipe grenadiers, it also comes out rather quickly nearly 6-7 minutes in the game. The only use of the m8 in old EiR was with On Borad Mechanichs which basically mimic what you do in a vcoh game = constantly repair your m8 which kite and harras the enemy. Now a m8 is rather useless and overpriced considering it will die in 3 schrek shots, 3 pak shots and such, you are always going to meet a schrek in the first call in and take some damage, you simply cannot use it to harras because either you get killed by schrek range or by hiding paks (while a puma for example can kite from long range and knows the location of a 57mm, the only problem is against rangers). The biggest weakness of an m8 is the long repairs rate, which according to me makes this unit -while extremely great in retail game- awful in EiRR. A possible reasone to the price increase could be the presence of many pe light vehicles which the m8 generally rapes, however they didn't take into consideration that pe too always start with a at counter, be it schrek, be it marder, be it atht (which is the counter to the m8 in vcoh game). With this change you are forced to use infantry to deal with these things while back in time you used light vehicles.
Basically an m8 is ineffective because it's going to kill couple of grenadiers then it gets heavily damaged, if you don't have engineers you can say you have wasted 8 pop and resources, if you have longer repair rates leave you with only 14 pop to counter a barely damage 25 pop platoon.

In discordance with that, the quad (which might or might not be overpriced) is still useful due to its range which can kite enemy infantry rather quickly, however its weakness is the very low healt, nearly two shot by a pak and takes damage from small arms.

In my opinion we can say nebelwerfer : quad = crocodyle : ostwind
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:02:03 am by Bubz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 05:18:12 am »

Every skilled vcoh players knows that the strength of an m8 is that it can repair very fast due to low healt and can use it to snipe grenadiers, it also comes out rather quickly nearly 6-7 minutes in the game. The only use of the m8 in old EiR was with On Borad Mechanichs which basically mimic what you do in a vcoh game = constantly repair your m8 which kite and harras the enemy. Now a m8 is rather useless and overpriced considering it will die in 3 schrek shots, 3 pak shots and such, you are always going to meet a schrek in the first call in and take some damage, you simply cannot use it to harras because either you get killed by schrek range or by hiding paks

m8 are awesome, considering the small axis squads (mainly 3-4 men) and the high chance to snipe a men with every shoot and the possibility to fight light vehicles (all PE including their AT guns - the marderIII) and their high dodging chance against panzerschrecks or tank shoots or at guns...they are one of the most useful "light" vehicle in the whole game

only the tetrach is better

(while a puma for example can kite from long range and knows the location of a 57mm, the only problem is against rangers).

a puma has one main usage for me: that is to take out AT guns

The biggest weakness of an m8 is the long repairs rate, which according to me makes this unit -while extremely great in retail game- awful in EiRR.

at least a m8 is immune against small arms fire

all PE vehicles (except panzerIV-E or Panther) even the marder get huge damage by small arms fire
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:39 am »

The M8 doesnt magically dodge shreks here in EiRR which is a big factor in vanilla. At least not to the same degree.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:21:22 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 05:21:06 am »

BigDick I am starting to think you have never played this game...
At least never used an m8...
BigDick
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 05:26:01 am »

BigDick I am starting to think you have never played this game...
At least never used an m8...

i had an armour company with 26 M8 with obm and 25% damage m8 buff

and yea i play this game since sept. 2006
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 05:28:46 am »

So I am starting to think you are retarded because I wrote:
The only use of the m8 in old EiR was with On Borad Mechanichs which basically mimic what you do in a vcoh game = constantly repair your m8 which kite and harras the enemy.
It's logical m8 is great with obm...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc