Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:37:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tetrarch Light Tank ( Vs Tanks)  (Read 12947 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 05:43:44 am »

how much is it?

it is insane cheap it costs just 80fuel that is half a stug or less then 33% of a sherman

i would allways prefer buying tetrachs over stugs or shermans compared to their costs
and on top of this you can drop them behind enemy lines

tetrach is imho totally unbalanced for this price and the ability to drop it behind enemy lines...

it has a huge dodging bonus snipes infantry and is ridicules fast and has a good damage and penetration to tanks
especially PE units are totally fucked when there are tetrachs on the field
marders are laughable...grens are to slow to hunt it (without inf halftrack).. halftracks die in notime and are mostly to slow to escape

in first release the AT Halftrack with imobilization was most overpowered unit (through slow eir repairrates and wasted popcap) now the most overpowered unit are the tetrachs

they should cost at least double fuel (means as much as a stug)

considering they cost almost as much as sherman before upgrades.

lol show me the sherman for 80 fuel in vCOH maybe...
a sherman is 250fuel
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:43 am »

i was really reffering to MP, and getting the little john adapter means less upgrades for your tommies, so it is expensive in different ways.

but, they are a necessicity for mobile AT which the brits are lacking, and are easily counterable by any AT infantry, which are almost always in abundance in the games i have played.

it will rarely kill a tank on full health before being annihilated, and thus serves much better as a harassment tool, which is probably what has inspired so much rage in axis players. if we're talking about annoying toys, the brits is the last faction we should be going after =P
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 06:27:16 am »

I have yet to see someone use tetrarches impressively. So long it has just been drop behind lines, shoot the hummel and then die.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 06:32:09 am »

Poor hummels always getting pummelled by them tetrarchs
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 06:49:44 am »

a tanks that can easily kill the only axis arty (hummels and stukas) for just 80 fuel...
i guess a hummel is 450 or more fuel, a stuka 220 and only good against emplacements

UnderpoweredAll Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:30 am »

And lets not forget that prior to that Wittman's Tiger destroyed an entire British Armor company and its attendant motorized infantry and anti tank guns.

Basically, at the starting ranges in game, no allied tank would make it out of the spawn.

Also if based on reality, we wouldn't have PAK38's, they are only 5cm. At this point in the war we would have PAK40 7.5cm and PAK43 8.8cm ATG's instead.

That and infantry would die rather quick.

Reality only has a place in this game as a basis of inspiration, nothing more.

yep, and if we have reality, we allies would have hundrends of heavy bombers carpet bombing the germans before we attacked, then we would have hundreds of P51s, P47s, P38s buzzing your dudes too.. yum yum!

Funny fact, American bombers killed more friendly tanks than enemy tanks, partly due to the fact that the German tanks were numerically inferior and also due to poor communications.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 08:19:52 am »

Funny fact, American bombers killed more friendly tanks than enemy tanks, partly due to the fact that the German tanks were numerically inferior and also due to poor communications.

I've never heard that before, but the idea is intriguing. I think that it's very unlikely, though, if not completely incorrect. But I need more info...

Do you have a source I could peruse?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:27:56 am by acker » Logged
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 08:41:27 am »

Just use paks. Rape tets rather effectively. Or ostwinds, even moar rape.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:25 am »

You want almost reality? Play Combat Mission, it also has an extremely easy to use map maker.  Cool

But with the Tetrarch, maybe it should be one shotted by doctrine heavy tanks. Definently because it can circle around them all day long and not even get hit. A Panther hit should really cripple it, but not kill it instantly or have a chance that it does. With any other armor two shots is fine.

Remember, Tetrarch is doctrine and expensive.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 09:02:27 am »

Good luck circling anyone's doctrinal heavy tank - whoever got enough PPs to buy one must have enough brains to actually have a shrek or a pak in support, at the very least.
Tiger Ace turret rotation and speed makes sure you cant circle it with tets, unless the user is a douchebag.
If you're getting killed by superior micro(I.E getting circled) - it's your own fault. I mean, it is possible to circle a sherman with a P4(not joking), if the sherman is absolutely not attended.
UnderpoweredAll Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 09:07:47 am »

Support and defend your artillery then, you shouldn't espect to sit back with impunity risk free.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 09:09:25 am »

I think this has gone off-topic. It was ment to be about how Tetrarch's can stand upto a Tiger/Tiger Ace with 2-4 hits. Cheesy

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 09:29:26 am »

Good luck circling anyone's doctrinal heavy tank - whoever got enough PPs to buy one must have enough brains to actually have a shrek or a pak in support, at the very least.
Tiger Ace turret rotation and speed makes sure you cant circle it with tets, unless the user is a douchebag.
If you're getting killed by superior micro(I.E getting circled) - it's your own fault. I mean, it is possible to circle a sherman with a P4(not joking), if the sherman is absolutely not attended.

It just makes sense though. Its not like its going to make anything imba. Tongue And even if you do micro your heavy tank, that thing is fast enough to keep circling it as it backs up or moves forward or whatever. Change its facing? That thing is already circling faster than the turret you think changing the facing is really going to do anything? And yes it will be supported, but most likely the tet will be too and the heavies tie up pop and tets barely so what? I hate comparing units 1 vs 1 because thats not what balance is about, but do you think it that bad that if you charge a heavy tank head on with a tet and it gets 1 shotted? Come in where the turret isn't facing, but that requires not charging head on and an extra click. Oh noes... not an extra click! That means more micro.... OMFG!!!

Current:
Tet charges head on at a KT, KT hits it once but tet is still alive and proceeds to circle.

Proposed:
If the tet charges head on, it gets hit by the KT and splodes. So, what do we do? Come in from a different angle than the turret so you don't get one shotted and proceed to circle.

So now you probably ask, "Why ask for this change then?" So I answer, "So the game takes a little more skill, young grasshopper."

It won't be changed because it doesn't make much of a difference, so what am I saying?
iherduliekmudkips Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 09:35:03 am »

This is just a fucking realism arguement dressed up a little, isn't it?

Why shouldn't Tigers explode in one hit from a Firefly rear shot, if the axis player is dumb enough to turn his tank on it's ass? 

etc

etc

etc
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:36:36 am by iherduliekmudkips » Logged
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 09:36:50 am »

Maybe.  Wink

Maybe I should tell myself to play Combat Mission when I get home.
skyblazer Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 09:44:11 am »

The Tetrarach is generally only good at harassment missions using it speed to get around quickly to hit different flanks repeatedly. It relies on hit and run because it wont take much to kill it.

If you wanna look at its strong points though it is perfect for hit and run, suprise attacks on Mortar HT's, Hummels, Light vehicle hunting, and ganging up on bigger tanks.

Tetrarach will tend to run if pretty much any form of AT gets a bead on it and any hit leaves it hurting badly. Most players will opt to run it in, take a shot, and run it out and than repair it quickly because of its low health. When using it to go after bigger tanks its shells will rarely bounce assuming u've upgraded it(which is a must) however the amount of damage it does per shot means u gotta fire about 10 or so shots to kill something like a P4 which would only need 4 or less. This is generally where u need another Tetrarach or another tank to support it.

In the end you got a fast little bugger with a good gun on it but low health so needs to be used in support of something or hit and run attacks which is its strong point. If u wanna counter a tetrarach simply use paks or streks and u'll keep it away or destroy it rather quickly. It is a flower but with thones Tongue
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 02:08:37 am »

Maybe.  Wink

LOL Combat Mission...

In Combat mission 3 I had 2 Tigers take out a whole british armored colony without getting more but scratches on the front armor. I think the AI Spammed some other tank than Cromwell...I don't remember the tank model but it looked pretty much like a cromwell however it wasn't the same model xD You can do that in Combat Mission, it was pretty cool... just 2 Tigers vs around 80 tanks in a open desert...it was quite lol imo.

Tetrarch is a annoying tank when you spam it to the limits, in VcoH Tet spams are common...
in EiR that thing is like a bugger however its gun is very good...it can beat a panther if given time

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36:04 am »

So now you probably ask, "Why ask for this change then?" So I answer, "So the game takes a little more skill, young grasshopper."

Nerf the shrek so it cannot hit anything at any range if used in numbers of more than 2.
So now you probably ask
"Why ask for this change, then?"
So I answer,
"So that using grenadiers would take more skill(than just blob), young grasshoper."

The tetrarch actually rarely has support due to the pure fact it's a harrasing unit, it drops in behind enemy lines and it has epic speed. Epic speed means no support can keep up without the tet standin still for a few minutes to let the "support" catch up.
UnderpoweredAll Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 03:15:40 am »

It just makes sense though. Its not like its going to make anything imba. Tongue And even if you do micro your heavy tank, that thing is fast enough to keep circling it as it backs up or moves forward or whatever. Change its facing? That thing is already circling faster than the turret you think changing the facing is really going to do anything? And yes it will be supported, but most likely the tet will be too and the heavies tie up pop and tets barely so what? I hate comparing units 1 vs 1 because thats not what balance is about, but do you think it that bad that if you charge a heavy tank head on with a tet and it gets 1 shotted? Come in where the turret isn't facing, but that requires not charging head on and an extra click. Oh noes... not an extra click! That means more micro.... OMFG!!!

Current:
Tet charges head on at a KT, KT hits it once but tet is still alive and proceeds to circle.

Proposed:
If the tet charges head on, it gets hit by the KT and splodes. So, what do we do? Come in from a different angle than the turret so you don't get one shotted and proceed to circle.

It won't be changed because it doesn't make much of a difference, so what am I saying?

Single Pak38 with your tiger and the tet dies.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 09:56:52 am »

Nerf the shrek so it cannot hit anything at any range if used in numbers of more than 2.
So now you probably ask
"Why ask for this change, then?"
So I answer,
"So that using grenadiers would take more skill(than just blob), young grasshoper."

The tetrarch actually rarely has support due to the pure fact it's a harrasing unit, it drops in behind enemy lines and it has epic speed. Epic speed means no support can keep up without the tet standin still for a few minutes to let the "support" catch up.

Wouldn't bother me, I don't blob. The closet thing to a blob that I do is British, but thats just like 2 tommies, a LT, and possibly sappers and/or Kaptain. Even then they aren't all together, just in command range atleast.

Maybe.  Wink

LOL Combat Mission...

In Combat mission 3 I had 2 Tigers take out a whole british armored colony without getting more but scratches on the front armor. I think the AI Spammed some other tank than Cromwell...I don't remember the tank model but it looked pretty much like a cromwell however it wasn't the same model xD You can do that in Combat Mission, it was pretty cool... just 2 Tigers vs around 80 tanks in a open desert...it was quite lol imo.

Tetrarch is a annoying tank when you spam it to the limits, in VcoH Tet spams are common...
in EiR that thing is like a bugger however its gun is very good...it can beat a panther if given time

Yes, Combat Mission is awesomeness. I usually have 1 Tiger and the rest infantry, the AI doesn't know how to deal with a Tiger, lol. Also, the Hetzer is actually good in CM. I play CM:BO and CM:AK.  Cool

Tets and commandos are the reason I have a Brit company. Tets are the best thing in the game, imo. Lol, you know what would be funny? If you could get commando doctrine reinforcements for Axis. Make it like Axis commandos and give them a Lynx instead of Tet. Lynx would be incredibly fun in this game. Or make it a new doctrine, which would sound better.

Info on the Lynx.

I guess the one shot by a heavy tank would be a little overkill in this game. But maybe still have the chance of a one shot? that would be kool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc