Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:37:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nijmegen release (Soon) Need suggestions!!!  (Read 5902 times)
tripisis Offline
EIR Regular

« on: February 25, 2009, 10:55:41 am »

I have been working on my largest project yet, a very huge urban map as realistic it get to real life. Ive been working with 4 maps taken from spitfires in 1944 september after bombing attacks on the city. I have got 3 battle maps with drop locations and attack locations with time and place on maps for both German counterattack and American and British Parachute drops and Glider landing zones. remaking this as realistic as posibble with out killing the gameplay, ive made alot of chokepoints in the city as its alot of ruble in it.

The idea was for the germans to defend as its build for that and Allies attack and hold the city and try to push em on over the bridges.
2 things for people who dont know but the germans are starting on the small part of the map the one on the other side og the bridges, while Allies starts on the city side, infact it was like this the attack happend german forces hold the city and allies attacks on the sound side while german forces falled back to the north after raging battles and conflicts in the streets.

I will update it and post some new pictures and update the post untill my map is done, and i am up for suggestions, pm me on the forum, or by mail at kong_willy@hotmail.com all ideas would be appricated  Grin

Early stage pictures (Sorry dont want to ruin the suprise)
Its gonna be a 4v4/3v3 as it is huge and to much for 2 players. Iam also working now on to place alot of objects so it looks more realistic and i could need some sugestions for it ill post a beta map before i started working rough on the textures so dont worry the road aint even anything near this now Cheesy   

-Tripisis
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:27 am »

looks good but maps with bridges and impassable water dont work out very well in the eir environment.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:14:30 am »

You need to widen the streets and cut down on the amount of buildings imol, right now I don't see that working out in EIR gameplay I don't think. Keep it up though, great to see new people giving mapping a go!
tripisis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:32:35 am »

You need to widen the streets and cut down on the amount of buildings imol, right now I don't see that working out in EIR gameplay I don't think. Keep it up though, great to see new people giving mapping a go!
As i said i have done alot since this picture was taken alot in the streets and around have been fixed and remade several times to make gameplay as good as it can.

looks good but maps with bridges and impassable water dont work out very well in the eir environment.
I know, but this here bridges cant be destoryed so you dont need to start fixing the briges in the game in case of arty attack or such.

As i said people dont mind this pictures its only a basic look, alot have been changed since this pictures where takken so alot of changes have been made.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:34:40 am »

How big is the map over all, looks gigantic.

I love the idea of having a tight city street to fight in, ignore that as a complaint.

Not all maps need to be made the same way, something that is more detrimental to tanks yet offers enough road side cover to infantry would be refreshingly fun.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:36:28 am »

Still, makes it hard for whoever starts on the opposite site of the town. If you get pushed back, the bridge chokepoints will kill everything. These games will probably be over in the first 10 minutes.
You should maybe switch starting points from top /down to left/right.

tripisis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 11:42:23 am »

Still, makes it hard for whoever starts on the opposite site of the town. If you get pushed back, the bridge chokepoints will kill everything. These games will probably be over in the first 10 minutes.
You should maybe switch starting points from top /down to left/right.
Nice Tongue i never though about that =) I can make 1 ally start on the city side with 1 axis on the other side of the town while the same on the small part of the map Tongue if that was what you where wanting to say? Ill change that asap Cheesy thanks  Shocked
Solo Wing Pixy Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 11:44:48 am »

Nice idea but dont bring tanks, forget about MGS , screw half the map, bring all the rifles and volks you can, and also any1 have a motar or 4 and sniper only as a spotter,,

if i was any good with maps and i was you i would take a large chunk of builings out put a park or soemthing in it so tanks have a fighting chance,

make the river shorter and fordeable and also more bridges and nuts to hitorical accuracey

the 2 round abouts look nice and could be intersting if the were moved closer to the center of teh city,

but as it stands para droped units would simply own theis map, arty would be almost useless and i doubt any tank would last the battle,

make it a bit more sub-urban as you  lead to the city, make gardens, its always great to have a nice looking map but its a waste of time if no1 will play it, take a few ideas from 8p lengfield,, it has similar idea to yoursor even a map called pavilon square, its done in a way that you have urban/open and emplacement fights

Then again, you could tell me to stfu and do what you want
Also whoever has a strong motorized start,

PS.
dosent matter if the bridges cant be destroyed, HMG+sniper+morar+atgand (with 4players a side, youll have plenty of these) = walk over win
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:46:24 am by Solo Wing Pixy » Logged

Airborne Division
300th Paratrooper Battalion
Captain SoloWingPixy88
tripisis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:51:44 am »

Nice idea but dont bring tanks, forget about MGS , screw half the map, bring all the rifles and volks you can, and also any1 have a motar or 4 and sniper only as a spotter,,

if i was any good with maps and i was you i would take a large chunk of builings out put a park or soemthing in it so tanks have a fighting chance,

make the river shorter and fordeable and also more bridges and nuts to hitorical accuracey

the 2 round abouts look nice and could be intersting if the were moved closer to the center of teh city,

but as it stands para droped units would simply own theis map, arty would be almost useless and i doubt any tank would last the battle,

make it a bit more sub-urban as you  lead to the city, make gardens, its always great to have a nice looking map but its a waste of time if no1 will play it, take a few ideas from 8p lengfield,, it has similar idea to yoursor even a map called pavilon square, its done in a way that you have urban/open and emplacement fights

Then again, you could tell me to stfu and do what you want
Also whoever has a strong motorized start,

PS.
dosent matter if the bridges cant be destroyed, HMG+sniper+morar+atgand (with 4players a side, youll have plenty of these) = walk over win

i know but as i just said one post up the spawn positions would be equal divided so that every one has a good chance to counter and i will look closer to the maps i work with and ill see where i can find a place to park a open space for tanks and such.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 02:11:41 pm »

If you want Urban combat you could do a Dieppe setting, I've often contemplated the idea of making a Dieppe map(the taking of the city, not the failed amphib assault of 1942) Or if you don't mind stretching reality do an Ortona map(Italy) the 1st Canadian Inf div. fought against the German 1st Parachute div. That battle was all Urban combat and was a fierce fight that led to some creative tactics on both sides of the engagement.

The map looks decent, you say early screens, but ti seems theres alot of green space. Buildings are way to close together, and the bridges should probably only for aesthetic purposes. Their pretty deadly to attack across. But if you designed the map where the bridge was at the edge of the map it wouldn't be as bad. That way it's like one of the sides has already secured a foothold in the city and is advancing/the defenders are trying to repulse them back into the river.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:14:24 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:03 pm »

just out of interest Tripsis, you ever played EIR?

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
tripisis Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 03:10:49 pm »

just out of interest Tripsis, you ever played EIR?
Yes i have played it yes but only around 20 battles though =/  But cant you pm me for that? dont post it here ok? i just want comments on what could make it better, dont post whats been posted before couse that usless for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 03:12:38 pm by tripisis » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc