Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:20:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reserves / Supply / PP / Vet  (Read 1904 times)
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« on: February 25, 2009, 07:12:16 pm »

The value of a Prestige point is a bit too universal, and at the same time too limited.  It shouldn't cost the same amount to up the veterancy of a Jeep and to up the veterancy of a FSJ, as I believe AMPM pointed out on vent. 

I like the reserve/supply system, but I feel there are too many Reserve units. So players are not really encouraged to use PPs to buy units. 

A good example is the Sherman Firefly, which has 2 reserve and 2 supply. Buying 4 Fireflies exhausts a companies fuel and there is no prospect of them ever going over supply for a British player. Conversely 2 Fireflies is very common but never costs the Brits PP. 1 Reserve and 1 Supply would present Brits with a choice.  If they really want to go Firefly heavy they could take a reinforcement battalion or go Over Supply.

Regarding both these concerns I think it might be a good idea to re-scale the # of PPs received upwards and adjust the PP value of unit veterancy accordingly, as well as adjusting Reserve amounts to encourage PP use for purchasing units.

The principle difficulty I see is sensitivity to losses. Lose just one of your units and you lose PPs.  Brainstorming here, but is it possible to make it so that In Supply and Over Supply units are distinct from Reserve units? That way if I - for example - lost 1 of my 6 FSJ (4 reserve 2 in supply) I only have a 1 in 3 chance of losing a PP.

If people have other examples of units that might need their Reserves adjusted please do post.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:17:58 pm »

I like where you are going with this;  I wanted lower Reserves, but atm it made sense because it is there to prevent spam, rather than be a PP sink.

The '1 in 3' example sounds nice - however you have already spent Prestige to get the unit - it doesnt make thematic sense to award you PP *back* for losing a precious unit.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:21:31 pm »

Adding a 10's place to PP gain would help everything really.

Just add a 0 to the end of all values, then adjust some down into the "fractions" of an old PP.

scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:25:35 pm »

All good ideas, Shoe's, and AMPM's.

Making PPs inflate by a factor of 10 would really make the system and pricing more flexible.

I have an additional concern that it is becoming obvious to me that vetting up support units is an utter waste.  That is more a reflection on those units' survivability, although costing a full third of a winning game's PP gain is also harsh for such units.

The flipside, is that losing a special unit, like a Tiger Ace or Calliope, should punish the player as a net loss in PP against the PP gained from playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc