Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:19:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bren button > treadbraking treadbraker  (Read 16366 times)
perfil02 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 02:18:25 pm »

why not use a tank and mg 42 a g43 and a mortar?

stop trying to fight 40 pop with 10

if ur tank is ur only AT it will surely get killed by his second call in.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 02:21:51 pm »

What sort of blobs are we talking about here anyway?  Leuitenant and 2 Tommy squads?  Lt and 4 Tommies? 
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2009, 02:24:54 pm »

You can use your tanks.  Kite with them, stay at long range.  Bait and draw the bren Tommies forwards into a kill zone.  You can use your mg42, heroic charge doesn't last forever and the blob gets exhausted afterwards.  Riflesnade/piats are pretty random so you just need to go with the rolls.  If I can hit an axis blob with a 25 pounder, you should be able to hit a blob with a more accurate Hummel.

Let's come back to the topic then. You can easily lure the ATHT into a trap(mostly consisting of just one ATG).
In comparison with the Brens you can kill the ATHT easier, because it's not consisting of 5 men, but takes only 2/3 shots with an ATG. Don't push with your tanks unsupported. That's how axis have to roll with anyways.

Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2009, 02:29:12 pm »

Lieut + 3 tommies + ATG. How does "Mortar" sound to you? I find it to be rather good to kill blobs.
Tanks can still fire while buttoned, you can drive out of button. Use a scout car to push the bren squad - will break button too. Try and use TWO TANKS(ZOMG IMPOSIBL) - one to take on the bren and get buttoned(then start moving back) as the other one flanks and kills the single ATG that can't protect itself anymore. Blob turns to button the flanking tank - your other tank comes back in for extra rape.
Treadbreaker is NOT the equvilent of bren buttoning, so stfu for crying out loud. It's been nerfed for a reason, now go die in a fire.
Believe me - a buttoning bren squad is one of the easiest targets you'll ever kill, seeing as it becomes defenseless. Just that it seems OP when it's in a blob, doesn't mean it is - it's more likely that the blob is what's OP, not the bren button that comes in it. And even then, it's not that - it's PE being a tad bit underpowered.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 02:44:12 pm »

Yeah why are we comparing Bren Tommies to ATHTs, because Aloha said so?
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2009, 03:23:42 pm »

You know what I hate; "Imaginational Theory Crafting" . This happens when someone posts a logical Counter to your problem, then the person 'counter' counter posts yours with a counter to your counter which wasn't in the first area of discussion.

This in tern creates a cycle of nothing by more and more theroy crafting around a problem. Where posters come up with even more and more complex 'counter' counters to more logical answers.

Man you can just forget your application to Disney after saying that.  Forget your dreams of running the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride now.

And PS to everyone else, there's nothing wrong with button unless you completely fuck up as Axis. 
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 03:28:36 pm »

yeah, i know. i find it best to just ignore aloha, but other players are expressing concerns too.

a skirted infantry P4 has nothing to fear from PIATs, so should be your primary anti-blob mechanic. saying i'm a brit player is pretty pointless argument, as i know what is effective against these tactics, and what i will avoid at all costs. the deterrent power of a weberlwind is pretty effective too, as most players won't take the risk of trying to button it.

also, i have found players using mass (there always seem to be an abundance) mortar HT's with incendiary at least serve to make the blob disperse, if not severely crippling it.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 03:28:56 pm »

Lieut + 3 tommies + ATG. How does "Mortar" sound to you? I find it to be rather good to kill blobs.
Tanks can still fire while buttoned, you can drive out of button. Use a scout car to push the bren squad - will break button too. Try and use TWO TANKS(ZOMG IMPOSIBL) - one to take on the bren and get buttoned(then start moving back) as the other one flanks and kills the single ATG that can't protect itself anymore. Blob turns to button the flanking tank - your other tank comes back in for extra rape.
Treadbreaker is NOT the equvilent of bren buttoning, so stfu for crying out loud. It's been nerfed for a reason, now go die in a fire.
Believe me - a buttoning bren squad is one of the easiest targets you'll ever kill, seeing as it becomes defenseless. Just that it seems OP when it's in a blob, doesn't mean it is - it's more likely that the blob is what's OP, not the bren button that comes in it. And even then, it's not that - it's PE being a tad bit underpowered.

This post is right on...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »

Yeah why are we comparing Bren Tommies to ATHTs, because Aloha said so?

Because he is desperately grasping at straws in an attempt to get Treadbreaker back to its previous state, and is throwing any arguments out that might help him.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 04:43:25 pm »

I am totally against tommy blobs/bren blobs/buttoning vehicles but i know better to keep my mouth shut about this to stay away from flamewarz.

all im saying, the problem is no matter how much support your tank has, the other 4 blobs of tommies kill all your support while buttoning your tank and if you have a mortar half track firing on their asses, well chances are before the squad buttoning you is dead by mortar they have already killed your tank and are pushing for your mortar squad or halftrack.

moral of story: don't attack when british are in the game. just mortar and artillery them and send your tanks where their brens arent.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:18 pm »

I am totally against tommy blobs/bren blobs/buttoning vehicles but i know better to keep my mouth shut about this to stay away from flamewarz.

all im saying, the problem is no matter how much support your tank has, the other 4 blobs of tommies kill all your support while buttoning your tank and if you have a mortar half track firing on their asses, well chances are before the squad buttoning you is dead by mortar they have already killed your tank and are pushing for your mortar squad or halftrack.

moral of story: don't attack when british are in the game. just mortar and artillery them and send your tanks where their brens arent.

Uh, how many pop is this imaginary Brit force?
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2009, 04:51:19 pm »

Uh, how many pop is this imaginary Brit force?

1 million thousand hundred thousand!! Shocked
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2009, 05:08:27 pm »

Button is only ever a problem when you send your tank out in some kind of a Rambo mission by its self just in front of or behind enemy lines. Tip of the day, support! I am the whole time doing stupid things with my tanks and I deserve to loose them for it, so do you.

Stop whining people.

Pwanawan baby!
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2009, 06:19:29 pm »

Every faction need something to fear and hate...in this case brens.

I dont think they are op at all. But just one thing...wow look who is trying to defend the brens? can it be those who play as brits at the moment?

Guys get your shit together.

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2009, 06:23:04 pm »

No I only play Wehr, ever.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 07:51:38 am »

Every faction need something to fear and hate...in this case brens.

I dont think they are op at all. But just one thing...wow look who is trying to defend the brens? can it be those who play as brits at the moment?

Guys get your shit together.
I play brits, yes, but I have just a single (1) bren gun upgrade in my entire company. I don't even find them useful.
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2009, 11:03:40 am »

i find massed brens more effect than 'nade spam in my experience, they cut infantry to shreds when they are setup, whereas nades are alot more temperamental
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2009, 11:45:28 am »

i find massed brens more effect than 'nade spam in my experience, they cut infantry to shreds when they are setup, whereas nades are alot more temperamental
I just prefer being able to counter HMGs tbh ^^.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009, 08:40:59 pm »

Ok ,as a brit player, I can tell you with a light heart WHAT counter tommy bren blobs: (hint: I use tommy bren blobs)

1) Wehr mortar or PE mortar halftrack

Why: Since the buttoning squad has to remain stationary, and the other squads have to remain in close proximity to provide blob cover/benefit from lt bonuses, unleashing one of these babies on the buttoning squad will not only kill/suppress it, it will do significant damage to the rest of the blob, especially with incendiary ammunition (PE).

2) AT-HT with focus fire/ Sniper

Why: 5 shots and the squad is dead.

3)Grenadier grenades/Assault grenades/Incendiary grenades

Why: Again, the buttoning squad must remain stationary, and is surrounded by a blob. Using assault grenades or incendiary grenades devastates the buttoning squad, grenadier grenades are meant to be used as a support to any of the above counters.

4)Tank crush

Why: Again, a buttoning squad is an immobile target. Trow enough stugs at it and it becomes thread grease. Its not recommended if the blob consists of 3 or more brens

5)Hummel/Nebel/Stuka

Why: Absolutely RAPES any blob it hits, especially at close range.

There you go, all of those strategies are reasonable cost effective counters that were used against me to great effect.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2009, 03:25:15 pm »

Dual LMG Grens in an Infantry HT seem to do the trick rather nicely as well. 2 Squads, 2 HTs, epic infantry running over power.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc