Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:43:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rangers and Tommies and Fireflies Oh My...  (Read 4703 times)
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 01, 2009, 09:33:21 pm »

2v2 on RTC with Mukip/Smokaz vs Gamesguy/Malevolence.   Features some extremely well microed mortars, an unlucky vet 3 mortar that gets insta-gibbed by a shrek.   And valiant volksgrenadiers pushing back hordes and hordes of rangers and tommies.  Very good game with lots of back and forth action!

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=488374

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=488375

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 01:04:04 am »

It's a shame that the entire squad dies if the mortar is destroyed instead of the last guy retreating.  Mortars are easy to vet up though.  I wasn't prepared for the vehicle spam of 3-4 Flammenwerfer halftracks overhwelming my AT at the beginning and then endless StuGs and assorted tanks.  I wouldn't say it was hordes of allied inf (I had 10 Tommies and Smokaz didn't have that many rifles it seems).

Volks with assault are so much value for money it's unbelievable.   They are cheaper than riflemen and get assault ability for not much more than a regular grenade, and they fucking chase you to the ends of the earth if you try to micro away and have incredible range.  It was more like the Allies got overwhelmed by hordes and hordes of Volksgrendiers with assault, Grenadiers with shrecks and loads of tanks.  Wehrmacht companies can certainly make good use of their fuel if they skip taking the heavy tanks. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:23:09 am by Mukip » Logged
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:35:17 am »

Well, the way smokaz has his company he has no rifles and just pays a ton of PP for like 10+ squads of rangers.

Assault is very good, but you can get away if you can figure out which squad its target(which can be difficult at times) and run that squad away while the rest focus fire.   Volks out of cover dies in seconds against pretty much anything. Alternatively, toss a nade back.  One pineapple will pretty much cripple a volk squad.

I don't really have that many assault in my company btw, only like 10 squads total.  This compared to my old EIR company which had 25 squads of volks with assault and some with faust.

And ya, it feels so liberating having more than just two tanks.  The ace is very good, but can be countered by good players and the whole doctrine atm is basically the ace and nothing else, kinda boring tbh.

About the mortar, thats just odd.  Because when AT guns and howitzers get blown up one guy auto-retreats and gets away.  Maybe the aoe from the shrek hit actually gibbed all the guys on the mortar or something? 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:37:10 am by gamesguy1 » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 02:00:37 am »

It was definitely hordes of axis units, not allied.

50 munitions for assault nades with volks being cheaper than rifles to begin with is extremely flawed Imo. Volks are better than vanilla rifles at long range but now they are cheaper and come with 50 munition assault nades as well? Price for volk asssault nades needs to go up to around 70/80 based on whether or not they increase the price of volks to match riflemen price or whether or not riflemen price goes down. Just another spike in the coffin for my liking of riflemen, nearly unusable against PE infantry and now Blitz players can actually outspam my rifles/rangers. I am all for buffing blitz but I dont think it should be a one-dimensional buff like this. Look at the stormtrooper mp44 pricing or the normal blitz tiger instead.

If I was running a blitz company with the PP, I would easily sink 1/3 of my munitions into assault nade volks to put it on about 15 volks. That would cost me 750 munitions and around 2300~ manpower. That is nothing for such a force. Even if you are playing on a map where you can pop in and out of buildings, the random nade can still cause you damage as well as most volks having a ex-career in baseball throwing the nade from half a map away.

I think the game was interesting because I havent lost a lot of games with my rangerspam company and mal/gamesguy took the allied approach to the game against an allied opponent spamming "few" but high quality troops by just sending in endless waves of cheap and dispensable infantry with no regards for their veterancy or company just to cause enough damage on my guys to outattrition me. They also took my advice earlier about dropping the supertanks (which I have found to be complete and utter junk in 90% of the games) and bringing out lots of cheap tanks to just swarm the fireflies. Coupled with the fact that RTC supports the paks they always pull out so well, it was GG right there.

Also, if it was me who started you guys would never have been allowed to set up shop in the church like that. If we ever 2v2 on RTC again Im not gonna allow you to sit in that church from early game on. These buildings in EIRR which you cannot use nades, small arms or mortars against effectively against are very annoying for me as a former retail player. Even flamers kill the MG inside so slow that you can just pull it out. Its extremely annoying as it gives you guys free time to set up mortar shots or your own flanks while we are trying to flush out ONE little mg.

These chateaus & churches seem to have a good standing with the community, but I personally hate them cause they break all the rules of building cover.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:22:26 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 02:09:01 am »

About the mortar, thats just odd.  Because when AT guns and howitzers get blown up one guy auto-retreats and gets away.  Maybe the aoe from the shrek hit actually gibbed all the guys on the mortar or something? 

I dont know for sure, but I lost a vet 2 mortar the same way last week.  They had enough health to surive a mortar halftrack shot, but it destroyed the mortar and therefore kild all the crew.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:10:33 am by Mukip » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:22 am »

Also I wish I could afford a 2nd jeep, because when I skim the map with a jeep its like im putting on some kind of high-tech goggles and seeing some kind of matrix representation of his units and mine. I've upped the amount of rifles in my company (without reducing the amount of rangers) for the purpose of sending in cheap and crappy rifles if someone should try doing this to my company again.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 03:45:25 am »

Volks Assault is 60 munitions, Grens and storms are 50 and KCH are 45. My company is built the same way as theirs it seems though. I have Assault on every infantry call in at least once. The fact that Assault deals suppression is killer. 3 nades go off in a brit blob and the next thing you know sappers are falling over in every direction.

I would agree some of those buildings take forever to clear. It also irks me to no end when i see people jumping out of buildings to avoid assault(namely MG's) avoiding the nades doesn't bother me but it canceling the ability does. Sounds like good reply I'll give it a watch when i have some time. interested to see how many StuG's were needed for a Firefly, or if it was just sloppy firefly micro.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:09:00 am »

There was some sloppy firefly micro, but the thing cannot function without a infantry screen or MGs covering its retreat. It doesnt matter if you can perfectly kite them to spawn unless you have the power to push up in front of the firefly to clear out the Paks. And we ran out of infantry facing axis companies with tons of cheap volks.
BigDick
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:06:05 am »

50 munitions for assault nades with volks being cheaper than rifles to begin with is extremely flawed Imo.
 Volks are better than vanilla rifles at long range but now they are cheaper and come with 50 munition assault nades as well?

it is 60 munition on volks and the other upgrades for volks are just crap
volks are better at long ranges yes...but not when rifles charge...even with moving accuracy penalty rifles will beat volks...
and they can get the BAR upgrade what is supperior to almost every other upgrades (i would like to change assault nades vs. bar...one BAR volks squad is supressing 360° a big brit blob....)

assault nades only work against blobbers and even then you can outmicro them

If I was running a blitz company with the PP, I would easily sink 1/3 of my munitions into assault nade volks to put it on about 15 volks. That would cost me 750 munitions and around 2300~ manpower. That is nothing for such a force.

and 8PP and this is not good because for first volks squad you loose 2pp for all other 1pp each up to 8PP

especially when you are using them like

by just sending in endless waves of cheap and dispensable infantry with no regards for their veterancy or company just to cause enough damage on my guys to outattrition me.

this

Volks with assault are so much value for money it's unbelievable.   They are cheaper than riflemen and get assault ability for not much more than a regular grenade, and they fucking chase you to the ends of the earth if you try to micro away and have incredible range.

a bunch of nades hurts your clumped up brit blob hum?
that doesnt mean that assault nades are overpowered....it means that you need to avoid blobbing
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:08:47 am by BigDick » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 06:31:29 am »

And some of you forget, that not every Axis player has the Assault nades on Volks available.

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:55:34 am »

Aha good old assault spam company, putting all your munitions in schreks and assault eheh. Cheap volks and cheap AI assault, I hope they will someday increase assault cost, it's unbeliveable what it can do. very good micro anyway, but lol Road to Carentan? Better map next time with more flanks and less camping. I lol'd when I saw a grenade thrown from 35 range.
Great Sinergy too, with one company supporting the other.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:02:10 am by Bubz » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:07:46 am »

50 munitions for assault nades with volks being cheaper than rifles to begin with is extremely flawed Imo. Volks are better than vanilla rifles at long range but now they are cheaper and come with 50 munition assault nades as well? Price for volk asssault nades needs to go up to around 70/80 based on whether or not they increase the price of volks to match riflemen price or whether or not riflemen price goes down. Just another spike in the coffin for my liking of riflemen, nearly unusable against PE infantry and now Blitz players can actually outspam my rifles/rangers. I am all for buffing blitz but I dont think it should be a one-dimensional buff like this. Look at the stormtrooper mp44 pricing or the normal blitz tiger instead.

If I was running a blitz company with the PP, I would easily sink 1/3 of my munitions into assault nade volks to put it on about 15 volks. That would cost me 750 munitions and around 2300~ manpower. That is nothing for such a force. Even if you are playing on a map where you can pop in and out of buildings, the random nade can still cause you damage as well as most volks having a ex-career in baseball throwing the nade from half a map away.

I think the game was interesting because I havent lost a lot of games with my rangerspam company and mal/gamesguy took the allied approach to the game against an allied opponent spamming "few" but high quality troops by just sending in endless waves of cheap and dispensable infantry with no regards for their veterancy or company just to cause enough damage on my guys to outattrition me. They also took my advice earlier about dropping the supertanks (which I have found to be complete and utter junk in 90% of the games) and bringing out lots of cheap tanks to just swarm the fireflies. Coupled with the fact that RTC supports the paks they always pull out so well, it was GG right there.

Also, if it was me who started you guys would never have been allowed to set up shop in the church like that. If we ever 2v2 on RTC again Im not gonna allow you to sit in that church from early game on. These buildings in EIRR which you cannot use nades, small arms or mortars against effectively against are very annoying for me as a former retail player. Even flamers kill the MG inside so slow that you can just pull it out. Its extremely annoying as it gives you guys free time to set up mortar shots or your own flanks while we are trying to flush out ONE little mg.

These chateaus & churches seem to have a good standing with the community, but I personally hate them cause they break all the rules of building cover.

if u dont blob, they are useless, srsly because u can easily escape from the nades

in EiR i exploited the assault bug because of all these huge AB blobs Tongue

DUDES its a doctrine ability! which cost 10 PP!
only blitz players can get it, thats 1/3 of all WM players!

i'd rather complain about brint infantry and its vet (they even get double vet: LTs, captains and tommies themselves) if u wanna balance

so its just a nice blob killer
dont complain about it, allies will have much arty and straaafes :S
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:14:55 am by aloha622 » Logged

TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 08:29:57 am »

Assault's pretty damn good for taking out single squads and weapons teams. You can trade Volks+Assault for HMGs and 57mms all day and easily come out ahead.  It's far from limited to anti-blobbing.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 09:21:28 am »

You should be on the bench when it comes to discussing assault nades, aloha. Didnt you argue that assault nades worth tons of munitions was balanced to get for free when you faced specific playstyles or builds?

I mean come on.. all input and discussion on this site is appreciated by everyone but thats just bad taste.

Its like coming to a rave party you just called the police to shut down with a jug of orange juice and some muffins saying "you can still party, just quietly".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:26:47 am by Smokaz » Logged
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 10:10:30 am »

I don't think the fact that if something is doctrinal has to be cheap (or highly overpowered) There are so many things that are doctrinal (airbornes/stormies... etc.) but it doesn't mean they have to be cheap, it unlock an ability that others don't have and you should be grateful just for that. According to me volks should cost the same as rifles and assault nades definetly need a price increase. If it was one volley of nades ok, you might be able to dodge them or not but if you manage to then you're ok, the problem is that it's infinite breaks suppression and has a huge range and for 60 munitions or less it's really overpowered even if you have to buy it with pp's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc