Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 05:39:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things for next patch.  (Read 15978 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 12:32:45 am »

Please implement doctrines, resource bonuses, and newb advantages before implementing any more unit balance fixes, please...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 12:39:37 am »

Please implement doctrines, resource bonuses, and newb advantages before implementing any more unit balance fixes, please...

agreed. Me want doctrines!!!

and the ability to change my reinforcements pweeze

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
BigDick
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 02:25:21 am »

None of this - Akranadas

i was thinking about a thread about the calliope some days ago....because in right hands it is impossible to loose them and low enough in pop to have much more on the field, and shoots quiet often and extremely powerful

the best way to balance this thing, would be to make it as slow as a hummel and to give it m10 armor

but that would be a little bit strange so make it as slow as a hummel and raise the cooldown
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:26:41 am by Akranadas » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 02:31:31 am »

Different team members do the unit balances than the former requests.

And, unit balance is the whole POINT to this stage - until its closer to a correct balance, you wont see the other bits implemented (even if they are in the launcher, just disabled)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 02:37:05 am »

the best way to balance this thing, would be to make it as slow as a hummel and to give it m10 armor

Calliopes are as slow as KTs, actually.
No, really.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 02:44:28 am »

Off Map abilities completely change the balance of the game though. So much so that units that are nearly impossible to kill will die quite often when they are in.

Balancing pre-OffMap seems like a waste of time.

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 03:21:12 am »

Off Map abilities completely change the balance of the game though. So much so that units that are nearly impossible to kill will die quite often when they are in.

Balancing pre-OffMap seems like a waste of time.

Truth, the best players of EiR stated that calliopes are impossible to kill when good players use them and generally you lose more than the calliopes cost when you pursue one.

Calliopes died to two things generally in the old EiR.

MI + Rocket Arty/V1

Once luftwaffe air strikes are in you will see more dead calliopes also.

Not sure if MI is going to make a resurgence, if it does I bet you will see more dead calliopes too. I imagine that MI may have been motivated to counter artillery camping. I have no problem with artillery as a supportive measure, I do however hate artillery camping.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:04 am »

callies are a lil slower than shermans (sherman 5.2, callie 4) and have a 3 minute cooldown, how is that firing too fast?
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 03:45:41 am »

callies are a lil slower than shermans (sherman 5.2, callie 4) and have a 3 minute cooldown, how is that firing too fast?

Not sure if that was aimed at me, I didn't really say they fire too fast, 3 minutes seems to be about the norm for long range artillery?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 03:58:56 am »

Not sure if that was aimed at me, I didn't really say they fire too fast, 3 minutes seems to be about the norm for long range artillery?

just about. i think so. Actually the callie may be about 3:30 - 4 minutes i forget, haven't used one in forever.

I know for sure the howie is 3 minutes. priest is about 4, hummel 3 brit howie about 3 or so. i have to check on that.

ok found it.

Allies
Callie = 160 seconds (2 minutes 40 seconds)
Priest = 160 seconds (2 minutes 40 seconds)
Howitzer = 180 seconds (3 minutes)
25 Pounder = 180 seconds (3 minutes)

Axis
Nebel = 90 seconds (1 minute 30 seconds)
Stuka 120 seconds (2 minutes)
Hummel = 140 seconds (2 minutes 20 seconds)

so i was a little off onthe priest but i was dead on about the howie and 25 lbr. didn't realize hummel fired that fast.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:15:43 am by Tymathee » Logged
RaptorEIRBrit Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 06:08:37 am »

Pios that can build for PE.
BigDick
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 06:17:39 am »

Calliopes are as slow as KTs, actually.
No, really.

not really

Calliope:
Max Speed    4    Acceleration    1.6

Hummel:
Max Speed    3    Acceleration    1

KingTiger:
Max Speed    3    Acceleration    1.2

Sherman:
Max Speed    5.2   Acceleration    1.6

give the calliope the same speed and acceleration as the hummel and weak its armor that it is killable (like every other artillery) when not protected
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 06:37:36 am »

give the calliope the same speed and acceleration as the hummel and weak its armor that it is killable (like every other artillery) when not protected

Slowing it down should be enough. No need to nerf its armor, it's on a sherman tank mounted, on purpose.

Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 07:00:01 am »

You do realise that with a speed of "4", the calliope can not outrun a shrek squad - and it takes just a mere few seconds time to forget microing a cali for it to start taking shots from a KT?
EliteGrens Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 07:03:59 am »

No.
BigDick
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 07:06:49 am »

You do realise that with a speed of "4", the calliope can not outrun a shrek squad -

i hope you added the time the shrek squad needs to stand still before it can fire....

and it takes just a mere few seconds time to forget microing a cali for it to start taking shots from a KT?

lol the calliope actually has one of the best acceleration for armor in the game...

and acceleration is it that makes escapes pretty easy

you don't need to defend it just drive away in your killing area
eliw00d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 07:35:31 am »

Can you guys please keep on topic about things you'd like to see in the next patch? It's getting a bit cluttered in here with debate. Thanks!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 08:09:48 am »

I don't think people would complian about the calliope as much with a choice of Offmaps to choose from. We're trying to balance units around essentially half a game. Calliopes are a bitch but their not invincible. I've killed plenty of calliopes you just need to be mindfull of the fact that Allied mobile artillery may be present in a fight and design a call in specifically for that. Or work with your team to remove it. Alot of players sit in a barrage area(maybe not during a barrage) but they tend to occupy the same spot on a map, sometimes for no reason but the fact that the enemy is shooting there. I've seen it many times as Axis, and I've laughed at it many times as allies.

Having said that back on topic. Anymore news on RB's? can we expect that update anytime soon?

And implementation of the balance playtest Wirblewind
how about implementation of the Fallschirmjaegers(FSJ) ambush change?(or at least modifiers more then what it is now?) the ambush numbers only really affect vanilla FSJ's and their already made of paper so it might give smart players more of that shock troop feel.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:18:57 am by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 10:00:07 am »

something to make regular commandos and commando PIAT's either more viable (ie. cheaper) or more useful (ie better =P - they just seem to be lacking something from vCoH). HMG and mortar seem to be doing OK (although thats probably because of the fact they are making up for serious gaps elsewhere in the brit armoury, rather than any exceptional performance)
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 10:07:13 am »

Maybe, something about the 10 draws out of 20 games because one of the players involved drop before the game ends.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc