Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 10:50:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Policy Shift - Forum Smurfs  (Read 7143 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 05, 2009, 02:26:58 am »

Now that we have a self contained Launcher; there is next to no reason (beyond enabling you to have multiple Launcher accounts) to post with your second/third/forth/twenty-ninth forum accounts. Users are expected to use their main profile account when using our forums, using another name/account will from now one be considered smurfing on the forums.

We've sighted instances where users are using second/third/forth/twenty-ninth forum accounts to break forum rules, then never use those accounts again. This is just not on any more; users caught using smurf accounts on the forums will find them selves facing harsh penalties (such as bans, removal of access to areas of the forums, ect). This behaviour is anti-community and generally disruptive to the flow of these forums, and the only reason we can see the use of smuf accounts is to hide behind it. As such, you should be held accountable for all posts within this forum; that is why we are changing our policy on this.

For example, I have 4 different accounts I used previously for the website to play different doctrines in EIR, and to use different Doctrines in EIRR now, So they are:

- Akranadas
 - AkranadasAxis
 - Krandy
 - KrandyAxis

As of now, I am only allow to post under the Akranadas name, as it is my primary user name. If I were to post under the other 3, I will be warned first, and if I continue to ignore what the staff say, I will be punished. I can continue to use those in games of EIRR (as long as I am not breaking in game rules) like normal, just not to post on the forums.

If you are not using smurf accounts, then continue about your business; your not the ones doing the wrong thing, in fact; your doing the right thing and those users will be rewarded for their continual good behaviour on these forums. This is all apart of our crack down on the trouble makers in the community and apart of our efforts to promote a strong friendly community to newer players.

We hope our have your full understanding in this matter.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:07:32 am »

(Original post removed by me for allegedly being racist comment although intended to be understood in the context of this replay: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=8426.0)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:15:38 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:10:16 am »

What about people with multiple accounts who have their other user name contained in their signature, is this just as frowned upon as actual smurf accounts?

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:19:12 am »

Yes, because why do you need to log into another account on the forums anymore?
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:20:05 am »

So if I will make account "SmokazPRO", and say how I like mods on this forum you will ban him?

This system is not perfect ;-).
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 03:23:10 am »

So if I will make account "SmokazPRO", and say how I like mods on this forum you will ban him?

They will know the difference.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 03:24:24 am »

No, We'll just do an IP search and ban you, Draken
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:28:26 am »

Forums show your IP under each post to moderators/admins, so you can't smurf. If you have a rotating IP it would complicate matters though.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 03:38:30 am »

oh just follow the rules... how hard is it to use one account? at least this'll get rid of the trollers and idiots who like to hide behind different names

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:12 am »

Forums show your IP under each post to moderators/admins, so you can't smurf. If you have a rotating IP it would complicate matters though.

Not entirely true.  

In general this isn't hard to figure out.  We don't maintain our companies on the board any more so it should be easy for everyone to click the "stay logged in as" button and be done with it.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:00 am »

oh just follow the rules... how hard is it to use one account? at least this'll get rid of the trollers and idiots who like to hide behind different names

I think the truth is that the only people who will have a problem with this are those who have done just that.

Staying logged in with your main is very easy with the new launcher based company setup.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 03:43:39 am »

Not entirely true.  

In general this isn't hard to figure out.  We don't maintain our companies on the board any more so it should be easy for everyone to click the "stay logged in as" button and be done with it.

I didn't say that I will intentionally do this, but for example when I registered a new name to have a new account in the launcher I forgot and posted under an alias a couple of times.

All of the forums I have done admin on show IP's under posts, just assumed this would be the same.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 03:48:35 am »

You will always be warned first, so if it's a general mistake; we'll accept that (dependant on the context of your post). It's those that ignore staff, or blatantly troll someone that will be reprimanded.

We're not here to stop you from having fun on the forums; we just want the bitching and flaming to stop. This is just one more step that needs to be taken for that to happen.

Again, users doing the right thing won't be effected.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:13 am »

I like this system, I like this system due i like 1935s Germany, and this system supports 1935 Germany. Yay.

Any way. So make it clear, its ok to have smurf accounts just play under, but not post on

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 04:11:41 am »

Any way. So make it clear, its ok to have smurf accounts just play under, but not post on

Yes, that is fine. Unless you break our gameplay rules that is; which I doubt any of you will
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:59 am »

Haha looks like I'm going to be a testament to "The Last Stand"  to the end of time!

Escforreality TLS!

Pwanawan baby!
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 08:42:09 am »

Haha escape, you should ditch TLS, break free from the confines of the past Tongue

Btw someone can log in from 3-4 different computers (work, home, friends, net cafe). You really think you can stop it?
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 07:04:14 pm »

Shultz its not about stopping it, its about outlining the consequences when you get caught, and further hope that the community in general would like to see such things not happen and thus report it.

Its your gaming experiance we are concerned about, there have been countless words written on the subject and we are responding to it.

How about working with it rather than pushing against it for once ?

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 07:11:08 pm »

Haha escape, you should ditch TLS, break free from the confines of the past Tongue

Btw someone can log in from 3-4 different computers (work, home, friends, net cafe). You really think you can stop it?

BlackNightt, Dalton, BradockThe, Effenberg, DerangedCobra, Armandillo, ThePhantom, valter007, Schreder, SilverHawk, BuggsBunny, ArmandilloTLS, ChevalierNoir, EagleHasLanded, Unprovoked, SCHRREDER

Wink
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 07:16:16 pm »

Haha looks like I'm going to be a testament to "The Last Stand"  to the end of time!

Escforreality TLS!

Go ahead and drop the TLS if you want.  No big deal.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc