Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:38:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIRR Tournament?  (Read 6169 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 05, 2009, 09:07:31 am »

Anyone thought about this? I think 3v3s or 2v2s would be a nice size to get everyone riled up and competitive with all the new stuff, maybe we can get a lot of good games and players going and start the work on establishing a new pecking order of EIRR. It could also give some insight on how the balance is currently by looking at win/losses for different factions/combos.

Id be willing to organize it or help organizing it as long as nobody thinks that interferes with parttaking in the tournament yourself.

The last 2v2 retail tournament I was in worked like this: Both teams got 1 game as allies or axis each on a predecided map, and the VP score decided who were allies/axis in the third game. Because of the lack of VP points here, we will need another way to determine but Im sure we can work something out.

What do you say gentlemen?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:10:48 am »

it wont show how balanced the mod actually is

2v2 tournament would be nice but first we need good maps..
we actually have pretty much maps but many of them are stupid..
but ok, organize it
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:13:19 am by aloha622 » Logged

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:28:29 am »

I like the idea, It'd be good to get it in when doctrines/Offmaps/RB's are in to showcase everything in the mod but i suppose it would be more balanced(bland) without those things. It would also give some good shoutcast material for those inclined because you could say shoutcast "2v2 EiR:R finals"

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:16 am »

Another "The Last Stand!" That would be epic, Salan! Divisional command with stringent rules on who plays where and when!

But a tournament would also be cool. I'd do it.

Pwanawan baby!
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 09:48:19 am »

What happened to the last tournament we were supposed to have?
I dont remember who i was teamed up with..Hmm was it you jack ?

Anyway, smoky organization is the key,  if you feel you can do it im sure there are people interested.
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:00:39 am »

how do you want to handle imbalances trough persistent companies?
`
make all play with vanilla companies? with companies without doctrine abilities? with companies without reinforcements?

wouldn't this be against the persistent character of EiR?
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:35 am »

Both teams got 1 game as allies or axis each on a predecided map, and the VP score decided who were allies/axis in the third game. Because of the lack of VP points here, we will need another way to determine but Im sure we can work something out.
  • All players start with a new account for the tournament. This account may only be played in the tournament.
  • Leveling and unlocking doctrines are allowed as the tournament progresses.
  • Each team plays 1 game with each fraction on a predetermined map.
  • In case of a draw, the team with the fastest win gets to decide fraction in the final round.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:13:18 am by SaintPauli » Logged
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 10:25:56 am »

I was organising EiR tournament before, I even had my mini subforum for it ;-). But when everything was done EiR had a "break" for a long time.

U should first set size of it, I recommend 32 teams, decide if u want make 16 places on allied side and 16 on axis, or players should play on both sizes. I got a prog to randomize teams if u need it gimme a call.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:28:24 am by Draken » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 11:14:53 am »

• All players start with a new account for the tournament. This account may only be played in the tournament.
  • Leveling and unlocking doctrines are allowed as the tournament progresses.

that suggestion is win, i love it
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 11:23:42 am »

we have had 2 different 2 v 2 tournies, and 1 full war campaign so far.

I am going to sit down and draft a new tourny idea over the next few days.  With complete backend access and control I think I can be a bit more successful then previously Wink

EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 11:26:16 am »

Salan your pure made of epicness! WAR!
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:01 am »

aloha and bigdicked KOed in their first round as allies, but thanks for the "go"!

Actually, I am against any progressive gain of vet through the tournament although I see how it would be cool and why Pauli would suggest it. However it would have too much of a snowball effect for a team gaining a lot of vet.

As for CPs in the tournament, Of course new companies every game hurts some doctrines more than others, like armor for instance. Maybe some doctrines wont be used. But it will still be an extremely fun and competitive tournament. (If we got for no vet no PPs)

The best solution (based on Paulis idea) to supply both the doctrinal equality while retaining no veterancy would be if the devs somehow could help organizing tournament accounts with preset PP points but not vet thus allowing doctrinal buys but no veterancy. Each tournament account would come with, say a total of 15 pps and only be used for a single game. Even if this would be too much for busy devs Im sure we could appoint one trustworthy person to farm some PP accounts just for the tournaments with mod leadership's blessing. A "judge" could be looking through the accounts and deleting all units before each match and we would only need one account for each doctrine on each side.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:31:52 am by Smokaz » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 11:37:45 am »

there is a nifty display in the company saying "PP battalion total" it is quite easy for me to track if someone is spending on availability or vet... and fix that.

mm...
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 12:04:52 pm »

after having considered the new company appraoch I can see it's drawbacks and merits more clearly. In EiR's current state every Wehrmacht player would be blitz because the other doctrines either have nothing to offer or are too expensive in PP's to field. Of course no one really wants to fight vetted ranger spam either. I think once everythings in place you could have people use their normal companies to fight in a tournament but right now theres just so many limiting factors as far as doctrine choices go
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 12:06:49 pm »

after having considered the new company appraoch I can see it's drawbacks and merits more clearly. In EiR's current state every Wehrmacht player would be blitz because the other doctrines either have nothing to offer or are too expensive in PP's to field. Of course no one really wants to fight vetted ranger spam either. I think once everythings in place you could have people use their normal companies to fight in a tournament but right now theres just so many limiting factors as far as doctrine choices go

in all experiences in the past all base line tournies needed to be new companies. I think you are right though, every wehr player would go blitz, there is no reason not to.  But that isn't the same for all the others.  Of course I doubt you would see Royal Artillery either.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 12:08:32 pm »

I'm just in the process of finding a suitable map ... even if I have to re-sector it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:14:44 pm »

Please.. not RTC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc